2023 Baseball Week 5 - UNC-Chapel Hill (ESPN+); At LaTech (CUSAtv)

Lost 16-3. We allowed 17 hits while using 9 pitchers tonight. We have now given up 32 hits and 27 runs in the last 2 games while having just 5 runs combined ourselves in those 2 games. We are now 6-10. We might get better and win a higher percentage of games the rest of the year ( I will still be watching and hoping) but any thoughts of this team making noise is likely over. The offense is normally strong enough, but our pitching will not allow much success this year, im afraid. Additionally, we are even struggling in the field at times now. Lost 9 of our last 12 games. Very disappointing.

Not much to say about tonight.

Time for conference play.

Vote for Wyatt Hudepohl!

https://twitter.com/usagoldenspikes/status/1635673991175127041?s=46&t=yxzaEd-PudIwby_dAuBVuA

Knight and Dragum have to get going for us to have success this year. Knight started the season off well but has fallen off lately. Dragum, for whatever reason hasn’t continued the absolutely great season he had last year. That and our pitching staff has to be more consistent. They have really been up and down. I hope we get back on track for conference play.

We need to beat those Cocks! If they don’t beat those Cocks uptown, then the season is likely an irreparable disaster.

1 Like

Games this weekend are on CUSA TV. :clown_face:

Taking a group to the ECU game uptown.
Not looking forward to it anymore.

1 Like

These mid-week games are fun but the games that really matter are the conference games on the weekends. For some reason our fanbase always has to measure our success on whether we beat the Tarholes or Gamecocks during the week. I’d trade a victory over the Heels on a Tuesday night for 2 wins at LaTech in a heart beat. I’d take 2 wins over Dallas Baptist over any win over South Carolina.

The games coming up at home vs Dallas Baptist are more important than last night, but do you think 1500 will show up? Why not?

1 Like

I dont care that much about any SINGLE game, but we have looked primarily poor for 2+ weeks.

1 Like

Hey I am excited about the Belfast game.

I don’t really care about games against anyone in particular but I’m concerned because against decent teams our pitching isn’t holding up well

I’d rather play good competition and have a so so record rather than play HS teams and win them all but we do need to win some of them.

Frankly, I’d rather see Dallas Baptist play than CHeat, no matter who their opponent might be.
I’d also prefer to see Charlotte treat a game against Chapel Hill like any other, but I know that ain’t going to happen.

4 Likes

I would rather beat those assholes any day. All day. Every day.

1 Like

I’d rather beat them, too, but I’d rather watch a game where I didn’t hate one team. Watching the Holes is just an in the face reminder of their unique assholedyness.

1 Like

I wasn’t referring to the play on the field. I was referring to our fans falling all over themselves to get to the Hayes to see them heels. Then we have a much more meaningful series vs Dallas Baptist and people cant seem to find their way to campus.

Hell, even the bookstore folks found their way to the Hayes on Tuesday night. I wonder if we will ever see them again?

Probably not.

1 Like

For the record I would prefer not to play Chapel Hill in anything. Never shakes out fairly for us - its a lose/lose.

These comments would not be needed if the team wins these types of games this year. I am all for the difficult schedule, but they need to win some of the marquee games. Hell, they got taken by Wilmington. The first half of this season has been deflating for a program hyped towards Omaha. Right now, they are going to need a bus and seat tickets to get to Omaha.

They should be sharper and more capable the next phase of the season. We have to see it consistently first

Yeah. Tough pre conference schedule backfired. Unlike basketball. Or did it? Some may theorize it prepared us well for the conference run we should go on now, if that theory is accurate. Right? RIGHT?!

I would not change one game on the schedule. These guys are more than capable of winning much more