2023 Baseball Week 5 - UNC-Chapel Hill (ESPN+); At LaTech (CUSAtv)

OK, La Tech broadcast just said Niner bus broke down on way to the game, causing the delay. Not a good omen.

Nice 2 out hit for Dragum, brings in 2. Niners lead 2-0 M4. Good to see Jack getting his bat going this weekend.

2 Likes

Big 6th for Charlotte. Take a 7-0 lead to the B6.

2 Likes

Some of our equipment must be on those buses still because we have guys wearing blue cleats borrowed from LaTech. Jack and Jake being 2 of them. Working well for them.

1 Like

Good eye Mr. B! Dragum needs to take those shoes home and wear them the rest of the season, 3 for 3 today!

1 Like

Now with a 4th hit. For sure needs to keep the blue shoes :laughing:

1 Like

7-9, 4 runs, 5 RBI’s last two games…
Welcome back Capt. Jack !

Feels good to have two teams play away and win 2 out 3 this weekend. :grinning:
Of course, the cherry on top is the huge basketball win. :wink:

3 Likes

Niners with a much needed series win. Take game 3 9-0. Bats and pitching much better the last 2 games. Hansen and Michelson combine for a 3-hitter.

2 Likes

We need to spank some Cocks Tuesday ! :rooster:

Can’t say enough about Cam Hansen today. We needed a big start today, and he gave us 7.2 innings of scoreless baseball. Exactly what we needed.

Huge to get a road series win against the pre-season favorites to win the league. I wasn’t sure how our pitching was going to be coming in to this weekend. We got another quality start from Hudepohl, a ‘good enough’ start from Conte yesterday, and an excellent start today from Hansen. We will win a bunch of games if we can pitch like that on the weekends.

Offensively, we struggled on Friday but exploded on Saturday and Sunday.

Big series hosting DBU next weekend. Hope we can get a big crowd at the Hayes!!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Made the D1 Honor Roll this week:

1 Like

Who are we likely to see pitching for the Niners tomorrow?

I predict Fisher will hit one over the right field roof

The one that went over the roof was foul, but that still fits my prediction. The one Fisher crushes here was a bomb. Nice catch by Fisher in right

https://twitter.com/charlottebsb/status/1638318660057014272/mediaviewer