2023 Baseball Week 6 - USC @ Truist Field, DBU series @ the Hayes. All games (ESPN+)

I don’t know about withholding your best as much as giving local guys a chance to play in front of friends and family. That’s been my general observation when we play uptown.

I will never forget all the pitchers Hibbs used against NC State one year. It was almost annoying until it kind of became humorous; kinda like me

clt asks which side will metro be sitting in?

I don’t give :poop::poop:

I’m not sure why we continue to bring this topic up every year since 2007.

99.9% of college coaches go with this general rotation of pitchers since the weekend series’ are more important than mid-week games. Especially conference weekend series.

Weekend series
FRI- #1 starter
SAT- #2 starter
SUN- #3 starter

Mid week
TUES- #4 Starter
WED- #5 Starter

Like Alumnus said, the mid-weeks test your depth. Sometimes those turn into bullpen games where we see a bunch of guys throwing on a pitch count to preserve their availability for relief on the weekend. That’s what we saw in the game MeanJoeGreen is referring to Uptown vs NC State when Hibbs was coaching. They were not trying to get pitchers in so their friends and family could see them.

That being said, Collin Kramer was a weekend starter for us towards the end of last year and has a bunch of experience. SC is going with a Freshman in his 2nd career start. His first was on a midweek vs Winthrop. He is talented but doesn’t have the experience.

1 Like
4 Likes

clt says the new knights logo is weird.

2 Likes

Hope we win. Hope we keep it respectable. But not a fan of sitting in cold weather for baseball. GO NINERS! BEAT THOSE COCKS!!

1 Like

Beating cocks technically generates heat

1 Like

Good guys put up 5 big runs in the 3rd inning. Up 5-0.

2 Likes

Kramer holding up really well so far.

2 Likes

Shame more Niners didn’t see this great performance.

Bottom of the 8th

6-1 Niners

Players of the game thus far
Fisher
Kramer
No particular order

Double Knight

1 Like

Good guys defeat SC 6-2

4 Likes

Third inning was a lot of fun

2 Likes

As our announcer would no doubt say, a MASSIVE win :grin:
Dale looks down with approval.

5 Likes

clt says the carolina fans were annoying

3 Likes

I didn’t want to post during the game…hated to jinx it. Great all around effort. PS is definitely getting better!

We looked more like #11 than those cock suckers, not to be critical

1 Like

Huge win and great to carry the weekend momentum. Let’s get on a roll now

4 Likes

In general, I think baseball fans are obnoxious. The cocks were at another level of obnoxious and low IQ fans.

2 Likes