2023 Baseball Week 7 - Gardner-Webb (ESPN+); At UAB (CUSAtv)

Another big week.

Gardner-Webb Tuesday, then down to Birmingham to take on UAB this weekend.

Kramer on the mound for us tomorrow vs GW.

GAME HAS BEEN MOVED UP TO 4:00

1 Like
1 Like

Jake starting in center. Very good news. Welcome back, 33.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Why in the world are we having such a hard time with Gardner-Webb. Even our mid-week pitching should be much better than GW’s. Even our overall hitting should be better (we have had 3 HR’s but so have them.
Also, why are we allowing so many stolen bases.

Won game 6-5 on a walk off wild pitch. We had 7 hits and Dragum has 4 of them.

1 Like

Shuuuuuu…we needed that one! I’ll take it.

Good game. Anticlimactic finish. We’ll take the W.

1 Like
1 Like

No ESPN + coverage for baseball or softball this weekend. UAB and WKU, you suck.

2 Likes

Only about $22 more to give CUSAtv, and then we never have to again. I think May 14 is our last event ever on CUSAtv when we play at FIU. They usually have a pretty crappy broadcast if they decide to have one at all.

DBU shut out #14 Oklahoma St last night. Their pitching is really good and really deep.

1 Like

Up to #2 in SOS, up to 62 in RPI.

3 Likes

Switching up the rotation a little bit this weekend:
FRI- Hudepohl
SAT- Hansen
SUN- TBD

Hansen has been outstanding the past 2 Sundays. Moving him into the Saturday role makes sense. Hudepohl has pitched great the past 3 weeks on Friday, just hasn’t gotten much run support the past 2 weeks.

1 Like

Cam Fisher has 14 HR
UAB has 7 HR

3 Likes

UAB has a gold set of unis and an all green set.

I’ve always wanted to see us in a gold set, but after seeing these I’ve changed my mind.

The green looks ok except for the pants look like football pants.

Their green unis just look cheap to me. Would be good for the disco era, though.

1 Like

They kind of resemble paper grocery bags

D1 Baseball is doing their ‘mid-season’ rankings, and Fisher is rated #15 among all outfielders. He’s having an unbelievable season.

4 Likes

Fisher is currently tied for 6th on our all time HR list with 32. He’s going to have to keep up this torrid pace to break the record of 48.