2023 Baseball Week 7 - Gardner-Webb (ESPN+); At UAB (CUSAtv)

Looking through some stats on UAB, they rank last in CUSA in nearly every offensive category. I’m looking to see a big weekend from us on the mound. I feel like we’ve drastically improved the last 3 weeks. Hoping we keep that momentum rolling.

Hudepohl has had some tough luck, but has put up 3 straight quality starts on Fridays. Cam Hansen has been lights out in his last 2 starts allowing only 1 run over the 2 weeks on Sundays. He has been bumped into the Saturday role which is well deserved.

Interested to see how the weekend plays out and who gets the ball on Sunday. Kramer started on Tuesday but only threw 33 pitches. He was lights out against SC last week, but struggled a bit vs GW this week. Conte hasn’t been bad as the Saturday starter, so maybe he just gets bumped to Sunday.

Donye and Paxton Thompson both pitched really well in relief on Tuesday. I’d be fine to hand the ball to either on Sunday, or even Hale. He’s been good in short appearances since the UNCW game.

2 Likes

Got the game on the big CUSA screen. UAB white uniforms not nearly as ugly as those previously posted pictures. of the green and the gold :grin:

Must not be using replay today.

It probably takes too long on CUSA tv. They have to rewind on the computer like we would have to watching at home.

I don’t think we had a replay challenge at LaTech either. They were on CUSA tv too.

Live stats not working for me. Anyone else having issues? Someone provide update if you can.

1 Like

Live stats not working for me. Neither is cusa.tv. Just having to listen to Jacks audio.

I’ve got video. That Joe Templin on our audio feed.

Ok so still no live stats that work for me. Can someone provide a current update. Thx

Oh ok…

We are up 5-2 in the top of the 8th.

2 Likes

UAB tweeted out the media link. You have to use the password they provided too

Daniel49er posted the link

Ok thanks! I missed the passcode in the link. Up 10-2 now. Thanks!

Niners just exploded for 5 more, including a 3-run bomb by Fish. Still no outs.

10-2

1 Like

Jake homer. Still no outs.

Now, this game is fun.

11-2 mid 8

Definitely a good sign for the weekend that we are hitting this well against their Friday pitchers. Offense has obviously been our Friday issue all season…before tonight.

tymberlee hill GIF by HULU

Cam Fisher is some kinda special !

1 Like