2023 CBI Tournament, 3/18-22 FloHoops + ESPN2

Is this tournament double elimination? Asking for Sanchez.

2 Likes

Western Carolina is NET 229. If Sanchez loses first round and Mike Hill doesnā€™t fire him, Iā€™m okay with Mike Hill being fired.

2nd round matchup would be winner of #157 Stetson/ #210 Milwaukee. There better be some wins with this schedule.

4 Likes

A lot of comments on Twitter regarding the CBI snubbing Detroit Mercy. What a shame, could have been an all time classic trilogy matchup like 1989 Ric Flair / Ricky Steamboat.

1 Like

I expect everyone that is here whining about playing in an invitational post-season tournament to ALSO whine if the football team makes an invitational bowl game next season.

Did you know lower tier college football bowl games get better TV ratings than most top college basketball games and many nationally televised NBA games?

1 Like

Hard to justify paying to play in this type of tournament when youā€™re going to give the same 4-5 players 33 minutes plus. This team could be down Folkes as well, havenā€™t heard anything on his status. Donā€™t see any upside of paying to play with the current roster. But hey, I guess all that matters in todayā€™s world is participation, process, rainbows and ponies for everybody. Guess thatā€™s Mikeā€™s definition of of ā€œgold standard.ā€

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t care less about TV ratings. That is only because Football is king. I expect the CBI will draw much more audience than say the National Softball championship. But the athletes and staff works just as hard as football. A lower tier bowl game feature teams with a 500 record - likely padded by a win or two of non-conference FCS wins. But everyone feels that making SOME sort of post-season bowl game - even the crappy Bahamas Bowl means a successful season. This is the same criteria people complaining about Ron use against him re: the record this year and a lower invitational tournament. I am glad to see my team make the post-season in any capacity.

If #257 Southern Indiana is in this tournament does that mean 100+ teams declined this tournament?

1 Like

If we are paying to participate in the crappy bowl game then yeah Iā€™ll complain about that as well.

I am happy the kids get to keep playing but I question the value of this give the 30k price tag and the inevitable roster turnover.

3 Likes

No idea - but that was probably the appeal for Sanchez & Hill, weak competition.

1 Like

Indiana State #1, Niners #3. Have we time warped back to the 1970ā€™s? Lordy this is a strange tournament if weā€™re the #3 seedā€¦.

For $500 more, we could have been the #1 seed!

2 Likes

Yeah I have made fun of so many programs for paying money to play in this tournament. I guess I understand kids wanting to keep playing but we didnā€™t even get a home game out of the deal.

1 Like

Those two things are not comparableā€¦

1 Like

Logic tells me that weā€™re not going to get ourselves into this tournament if there is any thought of firing Ron. Just not going to happen. So, gird yourselves for another year. And whatever that brings. Iā€™m just numb we couldnā€™t win those last six one possession games. What a difference that would have made. Just numb and sad.
But always looking, hoping, wishing, praying for better days.

Couple of things.

1. Sanchez isnā€™t going anywhere. Just gonna have to get over that

2. paying money then travels costs to play WCU then UM or whomever? What a joke

We are in the CBI Tournament! It is more basketball in March and we have something to play for, many teams do not. We can win a tournament. We are not ā€œtoo goodā€ like UNC Chapel Hill and Hubert Davis. Maybe this tournament is a way to help keep our core together! Montreā€™ Gipson gets to play more basketball and potentially could play against his old school Tarleton and Billy Gillespie in the Semifinals. Maybe a team in this tournament will have a good player enter the portal that we can snag.

The amount of negativity on this board throughout all sports is wild! Wawaawaaaa everyone just loves to cry all day! Besides a team maybe underperforming, isnā€™t it more sad that many log on to this board each day just to complain and try to make others look bad? I complain at times too but not about every single thing.

2 Likes

What is that? CBI championship?

Adidas L GIF by Sneakersnstuff

1 Like

WCU scored 80 against Furman in a narrow loss in their conference championship. Iā€™d expect them to come out guns blazing with something to prove. Hope we arenā€™t spending all this money to go take a road L to an in state peer.

2 Likes