2023 CBI Tournament, 3/18-22 FloHoops + ESPN2

One thing we’ll find out is who may be moving on. The guys that ignore Ron and play regular basketball will surely be portal bound.

1 Like

I do agree some of the negativity is over the top. Especially early in the season when things could have still turned out differently. We had a lot of close losses (also a lot of close wins).

I think you have to separate this issue into two parts.

I am happy our current players get to keep playing, for the most part they have played hard all season and there is no one on this team that I dislike - they are all good kids. I can appreciate the value of additional practice time and kids getting to do what they love. I also of course want us to win at anything we do - be it CBI or some engineering competition.

The other side is what is the end benefit for the program? What is the ROI for this? It isn’t going to impact recruiting or bring any eye balls to our product. There isn’t a home game to generate interest in and most importantly - we could lose in an opening round which makes the optics of this, for Ron and the program really bad. Big risk there. If some how we actually play well this entire tournament (something Ron has never show the ability to do) and manage to win it all - it will be met with a giant whatever, not just from our fanbase but by media and players alike. It is by far a 3rd rate tournament. When we are a 3 seed you know its bad.

The only way this makes any sense is if we keep roster together. If we lose key pieces it makes the decision to participate go from poor to really bad and wasteful.

1 Like

Yes a CBI Championship. Look on the left of this link at some past winners, some decent college basketball programs have won this event.

Solid breakdown, I like it. I think the core will stay together. I have no idea what Braswell or Jallow will do though. Maybe Berry leaves as well.

Not the same thi g, especially since we have been playing football dor 11 seasons? Are you okay with playing in the cbi?

What do we have to be happy about regarding hoops. Seeious question. Should we be happy with mediocrity and irrelevance?

Still sulking about not everyone buying early season powderpuff wins? We are here and now

1 Like

NWA with a nice synopsis.

My problem is with Sanchez and the top of the AD house for the reasons he stated.

I have no control over who they play and what tournaments they play in so I prefer them to win the CBI than lose it. Complaining about it is a waste of time.

2 Likes

No. Just saying we did not know how the season would end. Bobby’s teams routinely lost to crap teams early and then would run the gauntlet in the conference. You can puff your chest out you were right all you want, but I still enjoyed the early wins and the promise of what the season could have been. All you did was miss out on some good feelings for whatever personal vendetta you have… seems like a miserable way to be a fan if you deprive yourself of enjoying wins. You might should try being a fan of a top P5 program instead. Have you thought about Duke?

4 Likes

Its not a waste of time. Hill needs to know we are angry

2 Likes

The big takeaway from this is that Ron Sanchez is staying for another season. If the AD decides to hang up a banner and then tout Sanchez as taking the program to the postseason I will lose it.

3 Likes

The banner would be straight trolling. It had better not happen.

1 Like

There should not be any banner or mention of us participating in this. This isn’t real post season play. This is basically extended practice and exhibitions.

4 Likes

I get it. If you are wrong, you don’t want to be right. Here’s the reality. The Niners basketball team sucks. Hence, you get to cheer for them more in the CBI. Next year, you get to repeat this year with Coach Ron.

3 Likes

You assume too much that Ron Sanchez could win the CBI

2 Likes

Sadly, I am talking about an appearance banner.

Also you continue to make these discussions way too much of a personal vendetta. It’s unsavory.

1 Like

Some of you presume to speak for everyone and that you are here to enlighten. No vendettas here, just the truth and opinions being exchanged in both directions.

I don’t think playing in the CBI adds any value. You can say more practice, games, etc but I don’t think it’s a worthwhile endeavor.

I try to be rational and fair. I enjoyed winning earlier in the year but I suspected it was Fools Gold. I don’t know how anybody can be happy with where we are but maybe I’m just too difficult to please.

And yeah, Sanchez is coming back, count on it

1 Like

I guess this means he’s staying another year unless he gets bounced in the 1st round. I also suppose if certain key players sit out for it we might know whos getting ready to transfer out.