2023 College Football 🏈

clt says deion is over his skis

1 Like

Another thing might be academics. Colorado is famous for being strict with academic standards on recruits. They bent their standards some for Deon on admissions but perhaps that doesn’t extend to the actual classes and there aren’t going to be any UNC Chapel Hill shenanigans to help the players stay eligible and these guys are bailing.

1 Like

Deion has always been a me first diva. That just doesn’t seem like a great quality for a coach. I could be wrong but I just don’t think his approach will go over well with todays players. It’s easier than ever to just get the heck out of Dodge when things get tough.

See that Austin Johnson’s name is on that list. We picked up his commitment in December, but I don’t think he ever signed with us and I don’t see him on the roster.

The Athletic on Twitter: ““Hey buddy, you’re going to get cut today.” Most of the Colorado players who entered the transfer portal were told to do so, players say. @davidubben spoke with five players to get a clearer picture of how the program’s roster turnover has played out. https://t.co/iPfpJMRM2U” / Twitter

The old school college football fan in me hates this but it’s the new reality.

1 Like

The quiet part is now blasted on a megaphone for all to hear.

How do they do that if the player has already enrolled and is registered for classes?

I thought all scholarships were a 1 year grant.

So I don’t think you can force them out of school.

I suppose you just cut them from the team and hope they transfer? Which would seem likely since football was their way in and their main priority?

I just imagine that one kid who’s like nope I came here for this specific academic program so I’m holding that scholly for one year. Lol.

I always thought the scholarships were for the academic year, so they reset in the fall. I could be 100% wrong on that though.

Colorado will honor their scholarship but cut from team. Most of these guys want to continue to play FB so will transfer.

According to Pete Thamel on ESPN College GAMEDAY the transfers are people that were urged to leave not people running from Deon.

He also stated that he has some concerns about Deon’s player relationship building but time will tell.

Oh My God Wow GIF

Ok 51! Methinks Thamel was wrong. No way this isn’t signs of a problem. I find it hard to believe that would be the case.

Could he really have that many better players lined up to come in?

Probability that the Coach Prime hire is going to backfire hard is going up every day.

I wasn’t sure how this was going to go, but he seems to be like Healy’s career on speed.

If they go 1-11 next year again does he bounce?

I just checked their schedule. Their schedule is no joke. 9 conference games, 1 OOC with Nebraska and TCU and only 1 G5 Colorado State which I’m sure is going to be gunning for them hard.

Al that being said I see he just picked up a DE transfer from FL state. No idea if he’s good.

This is fun!

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

1 Like
  • 1-3
  • 3+
  • lutz takes over before season starts

0 voters

clt says predict how long sanders stays at colorado

Buyout starts at $15 million.

And as noted earlier, CU AD has addressed the player film issue.

Deon is getting paid, and that is always what Deon cares most about. I find this hilarious