2023 Conference USA Baseball Tournament

Will Fisher be gone next season?

https://twitter.com/conferenceusa/status/1662485985458892802?s=46&t=yxzaEd-PudIwby_dAuBVuA

4 Likes

He will be playing professionally next season.

1 Like

I figured, thanks! Anyone else expected to be playing pro ball next year?

Mute ESPN announcers and listen to Joe.

2 Likes

Anyone else think that called third strike on DRagum looked awful?

2 Likes

Yes,it did.

1 Like

A win is a win! Survive and advance!!!

2 Likes

Forget the grandslam. Our guys are makin Statement Wins! Go Niners!

1 Like

anna kendrick GIF

clt hopes the team sees this during the break between games!

1 Like

Gotta think we go with Hale Sims in game 2.

I’m guessing the only arms that are NOT available today would be Paxton, Langhorne, Kramer, & Dearman.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they threw Swan at us. He threw 6 innings on Wednesday. We were able to get enough off him last week, but he’s their best by far. We should be able to put up some runs off anyone else they throw.

2 Likes

Hey Bo you keep up better than me, any chance of an at large if we win again and lose tomorrow? Been hot and finishing on a roll.

1 Like

Mr Bo is out at the moment. :grin:

But it’s highly, and I mean highly, unlikely. We’ve still got an RPI of 73. We have resume wins, but we missed too many chances.

Let’s just win the whole thing. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, almost has to be Sims to start…if he can go a while and we win just using a couple guys out of the pen , i would think Wyatt and Hansen COULD both be available for tomorrow, if we don’t use them today…That would be best possible scenario for us i think.

So it is best to root for WKU now and then with another win today it would only take 1 win tomorrow but if DBU wins then it would take 2 wins tomorrow?

2 Likes

Tomorrow is a single game. The main problem is that DBU is very good and they are winning today.
If they finish off WKU without a second game, that would mean we would have played 5 games in the tournament and they would have played only 3, with 1 of the 3 being seven innings. It would be a big upset for us to win, but,as always, baseball is very unpredictable for a single game.

1 Like

And sometimes in baseball/softball…playing more games can be a positive. Momentum, rhythm, confidence and excitement from the extended winning streak. The negative, of course, is fatigue…especially when it comes to pitching.

1 Like

Let’s ask Woody if would prefer winning or losing the tournament opener or playing the minimum or maximum. Appreciate your attempt to turn a negative to a postive, though.

Better to win but getting bats hot helps. Using the pitching staff up is what hurts. Position players would just soon play