2023 Football Recruiting Thread

clt says a few 3* QBā€™s are out there. clt wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Caleb Williams here this fall. #biffmas

1 Like

What if the new QB commit was Alan Bowman?? Looks to one that total fits- one year left and has Biff connectionā€¦

I wondered if he might be an option. I think I may have even suggested it. But I hadnā€™t seen anything linking him to us - other than the obvious - Coach Poggi.

1 Like

Pondering Alicia Silverstone GIF by Filmin

USF fan becoming aware of the Poggi Effect.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Niners in the NFL

3 Likes

Looks like he was getting some playing time at Nebraska before the injury.

3 Likes

2022 (Senior)
Kevin Williams Jr. played in four games in 2022 with one start before a season-ending injury. He was a regular on special teams in the first two games and saw his first action on offense at left tackle against Georgia Southern. Williams earned the start at right tackle against No. 6 Oklahoma. He suffered an injury in that game that kept him off the field for the remainder of the season.

Yep. And he played 4 years at Northern Colorado before that. So he is very experienced.

2 Likes

So we have him for one year? Does he have any ties to Charlotte, kind of weird for him to come here for one year.

Havenā€™t seen any ties. Looks like another that can offer nice senior leadership.

1 Like

clt says he played for the proper UNC

1 Like

He may have to get NCAA clearance to be eligible to play one more year. Donā€™t know if this means heā€™s received it yet, or still needs to apply for it through the University.

1 Like

He apparently has applied for a hardship waiver.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t have much eligibility left. Maybe he just wants to win now! :wink:

So no on Bowmanā€¦

1 Like

Guess he doesnā€™t want to play for the championship in '24 !!! :grin:

Who? Never heard of him.

Started and played most of the season as a freshman at Texas tech and did fairly well. Got hurt and then didnā€™t play much after that season and then transferred to Michigan and was the 3rd string qb this past season.

2 Likes

Will admit that I am stumped on the QB transfer.

I was browsing through the portal, and here are some names that caught my eye. Iā€™m looking for guys that were either really highly rated or are really experienced, because Poggi said the QB would be immediate impact. Also kinda looking at dual threat guys.

One guy that Iā€™d love to get but is probably way out of reach is ex Miss St QB Sawyer Robertson. However he is likely headed to a Big 12 school like Baylor or TCU:

A longshot because he has played at Nebraska and Oregon State and has to have a hardship waiver approved is this guy:

Iowa backup Carson May left after just one year when Cade McNamara transferred in from Michigan. This guy threw for a bunch of yards in HS and had a fantastic TD/INT ratio.

Very experienced Indiana QB:

Former Auburn QB that just visited Indiana. Our new WR coach Mike Hartline was his QB coach at Auburn (credit to @cltpad on Twitter for pointing this out):

Vandy QB: