2023 Football Recruiting Thread

I’m happy if “Top 15” is merely a goal. Our trajectory is skyrocketing, Top 15 or 50 or 75, its all good.

2 Likes

Yeah. I agree. I ain’t worried. Huge gets in our secondary. God, we are heading towards Top 15 on paper. For sure, the days of no defense Healy and no offense Lambert are in our rear view mirror, and just in time for some real competition

I don’t know if we can find a QB that is man enough to go against our defense in practice

1 Like

Rob Lowe Football GIF by SoFi

6 Likes

Yes, this was one of those guys I kinda hoped we could get.

Awesome.

Poggi stacking that defense deeep!

3 Likes

He’s already been a graduate student at Meeshegun, how does he have any eligibility left?

clt says top 4 defense?

1 Like

I think everyone was given an extra year of eligibility for the Covid year. He can always get another grad degree or certificate.

1 Like

Wild, Wild West. No real rules anymore and guys can get 6 years. What could possibly go wrong in a system like that???

I think those cocks and gators might want to start worrying

1 Like

He could be ahead in his studies and could have graduated early within his 4 years which allowed him to start a grad degree. He can finish that degree or start another. Yes, he also has a covid season to use. I could be wrong but I think he redshirted in 2018 and only played in 1 game in 2019, maybe one of those was due to injuries.

1 Like

I’ve honestly lost track now so maybe it’s not as bad as I’m thinking. But it seems we’re bringing in a ton of talent on the defense to make an immediate impact. But it also seems like a ton of them will be one or two years and done. We’ve got to either hit the portal hard every year if this is the way we’re going to do it or we have to make a change and bring in some younger talent too. Hopefully Poggi has that planned out and this is only for the immediate impact.

Hey. A good 6’6” German kid, sorry, grown man, that the real USC offered? I will take a one and done year! We are looking scary good

1 Like

If a guy is 6’7”, does competitive skiing, can play soccer, then he must be a natural defensive end. Que up some work out sessions with Alex Highsmith, please. Dude has NFL size and skills, just needs experience to get there. Nice story

1 Like

We are going to need bigger stairs!

1 Like

And bigger uniforms. I actually thought that.

1 Like

I am excited about all the great defensive players we are getting. But, one thing I definitely believe is that a good offense can help your defense. We have some young talent at QB, I would like to see a QB with some experience from a good program.

2 Likes

Catching up after being sick today.

The Biff love is real. These guys are flocking to their former coach because they love and respect the man.

My assumption is he will be effective in developing that same loyalty with his own fresh recruits and he will also be a very strong recruiter.

As far as having to hit the portal every year because a lot of the guys will only have one year, I think it will come down each year to a baseline level typical of a strong G5 team (yes I said strong G5 team because that is what we are going to be) because the coach and his staff will establish their recruiting and development timeline.

Winning will help develop that pipeline and these transfers can help us win.

I could not be more excited.

5 Likes