2023 Football Recruiting Thread

:star::star::star::star:

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

4 Likes

Signed up?

What’s the count now on number of transfers? How many? How many 4 star, three star etc? I’m lost with how many but super stoked.

Micah announces tomorrow. He visited auburn and Nebraska…didn’t see if he visited here- can anybody confirm. Side note- Charlotte starts school Monday (Auburn is Jan. 11 and Nebraska is Jan. 22)

Think we’re up to 40 or 41 now.

Don’t Know exact count on four stars but at least 5 I believe

2 Likes

Per On3, these are our 4 stars:

They only have Durell Robinson as a 3 star, albeit a top of the scale rated 3 star (ESPN rated him a 4 star):

1 Like

43 per my count…44 if you count the QB that is committed but not announced.

Any idea who the QB that has committed but not announced is?

2 Likes

I was refreshing my memory on UAB football circa 2016 and how they got back up to speed. They did it without the restraint of the scholarship limit, but it still took them a couple of years just to get enough players to field a team:

The euphoria of UAB’s return announcement in June 2015 quickly met a stark reality. The Blazers had 12 players on campus. Clark didn’t even know how many of them would want to stay until 2017. As the Blazers hold summer camp this month for the first time in two years, 54 of their recruited 60 scholarship players for 2016 are at school. There are close to 105 total players when counting walk-ons, and the plan is to sign about another 25 recruits for the 2017 class.

This is what that 2016 class looked like. It’s the only thing I can think of that is comparable to what Poggi is doing. In essence, he is completely remaking this program on the scale of what UAB did when they restarted football:

They had 38 commits / enrollees that year, but no 4 stars. They did however have three high 3 stars.

Not sure

clt says a few 3* QB’s are out there. clt wouldn’t be surprised to see Caleb Williams here this fall. #biffmas

1 Like

What if the new QB commit was Alan Bowman?? Looks to one that total fits- one year left and has Biff connection…

I wondered if he might be an option. I think I may have even suggested it. But I hadn’t seen anything linking him to us - other than the obvious - Coach Poggi.

1 Like

Pondering Alicia Silverstone GIF by Filmin

USF fan becoming aware of the Poggi Effect.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Niners in the NFL

3 Likes

Looks like he was getting some playing time at Nebraska before the injury.

3 Likes

2022 (Senior)
Kevin Williams Jr. played in four games in 2022 with one start before a season-ending injury. He was a regular on special teams in the first two games and saw his first action on offense at left tackle against Georgia Southern. Williams earned the start at right tackle against No. 6 Oklahoma. He suffered an injury in that game that kept him off the field for the remainder of the season.

Yep. And he played 4 years at Northern Colorado before that. So he is very experienced.

2 Likes