2023 Football Recruiting Thread

Nice read on Stone Handy. I think he will be a major contributor.

2 Likes

Handy has an aura about him. He looks leaner now than in that picture, but that is not a bad thing. He will still look like a linebacker with NFL potential. I hope he keeps getting whatever help he needs with the grades. The first time I ever asked for help was engineering calculus 1 with a professor that spoke NO ENGLISH. He also had the worst halitosis I ever been within 4 feet of. After trending towards failure, I was able to end up with an A grade. Turned out you can communicate calculus and algebra without speaking the same language.

I thought Handy was an inside backer. They are not always interchangeable, but being 6ā€™5, strong, lean, quick and angry mean could be great middle linebacker measurables. If it gets our best defenders on the field, it could work out.

Levon Kirkland is a huge man that moved from outside end in college to middle linebacker in the pros. Lawrence Timmons could play both.

St. Francis guy

3 Likes
1 Like

Katron evans already tweeting at biff to go after him.

1 Like
2 Likes

I donā€™t think we where on his final 3. Nebraska was so I hope we save from Rhule.

1 Like

6ā€™7 315 OT Recently visited Houston where he also had an offer.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

1 Like

Welcome to Charlotte Jasper!

2 Likes

I like the way 79 plays guard! He has quick feet for a big dude and uses them to pancake dudes. I love watching guards that can pull fast, seek and destroy.

I donā€™t see it as much these days with all the read option crap. A counter sweep with a pulling guard and pulling tackle is a beautiful thing to watch when 3 talented dudes excecute it

Been watching twitter in the last hour or so and it is unreal the number of recruits (huge number of locals) that were on campus today and giving thanks for hosting them. Football staff is doing a fantastic job of getting these players in to see what we have to offer. Future looks bright!!!

5 Likes

I lost count of how many guys we had on campus yesterday, but nearly all of them were from greater Charlotte area High Schools.

Coach Biff is doing exactly what he said.

6 Likes

What does he mean by this exactly?^

Not sure why we are moving HS recruiting from class of 2024 to class of 2023. Pretty sure we are done with that class.

These kids I was talking about are all c/o 24, 25 and 26.

Probably not done with 23 class. Biff said he expects transfers after the spring and to bring in more guys

1 Like

I got the impression we were only in the transfer market for 23 at this point.

1 Like

O. Gotcha. I misunderstood your post. I wohld assume only transfers now too

please, please, please, Biff had some wild times in college, like we all did, pls be Biffā€™s long lost son he didnā€™t know about. Iā€™m just kidding. Lighten up Francis (pun intended) :slight_smile: just happy to be off the depressing basketball topic

1 Like