2023 Football Recruiting Thread

I remember seeing a photo of him working with the team at squat rack

1 Like

Yes, he did.

I might be the only one, and I know where the school is since I have a nephew that attended there, but growing up in South Charlotte, I never could get used to that school not being called “Nations Ford”.

If you know, you know.

2 Likes

I think most of the freshman enrolled early

Carson Blacks listed height is listed as 6’1” to 6’3”, depending on the service. Anyone know his true height? We do have some big dudes up front.

2 Likes

I saw his highlights had him at 6’3, and I think we list him 6’2. He looks taller than his highschool competition, so 6’2 probably close

1 Like

I will tell you, I haven’t seen C Black in person, only on video, but I saw Sean Boyle (Charlotte Catholic) who decommitted to WV. C Black looks way better and with a lot stronger arm. I guess Boyle did really well in summer camps to build the hype, he is very accurate. Boyle didn’t have a chance to get as much passing experience in HS as C Black, with his team mostly running the ball. Blacks HS looks to run more of a pass oriented offense. I Think he will be closer to being ready, if called upon. But you never know with recruits. I am saying this as a CCHS grad.

1 Like

I got that too. Carson Black’s video pops and his arm looks strong when he needed to hit guys way down field. The highlight videos never show their weak points, but dude looks like legit #1 to #2 QB in the state class, as advertised

Adair looks like he’s built rock solid at 6’4 and 300 big

4 Likes

6’3 295 OL - Weddington HS.

4 Likes

Geosits! Local gets with a great name. Big kid with big gpa. Very nice

4 Likes

Looks like a PWO too. Nice add.

3 Likes

The official Roster which has been updated has Black at 6’2" 182 lbs. Looks like a strong arm and nice touch from watching his highlights.

1 Like

Really strong arm that will probably get stronger. It was like the camera couldn’t follow some of those darts. I am probably overreacting, but maybe not. Let’s up he has what it takes for us to start 4 years

2 Likes
5 Likes

He has 3 QB’s to beat out. Not happening. Sit back learn and get ready in year 2 or 3.

Oh brother…i love when people pretend they KNOW how something will turn out.

1 Like

We will see.

2 Likes

I wonder if any players like Black demand to be redshirted to try to improve their chances of long term success?

Or does every player want to play immediately?

:muscle:

Eyabi Okie, Charlotte

The road taken by Eyabi Okie to Charlotte has been well documented. His journey has had more bumps than the most turbulent of flights. The former five-star outside linebacker’s dismissal from Alabama and Houston frequently clouds his excellent performances for UT-Martin and Michigan. Yet, Okie is undoubtedly one of the top defensive linemen transfers ahead of the season.

There are two reasons for this. Okie reunites with mentor Biff Poggi at Charlotte, a relationship that has always got the best out of the mercurial talent. Furthermore, his skill set — Okie is an explosive pass rusher with power and ludicrous athleticism — should allow him to wreak havoc during the 49ers’ first season in the American Athletic Conference. A career year awaits the former Michigan man.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/lunsford_mason/status/1628128903439974400?t=vQrFDRMWcOQvYrXn0VJ9fQ&s=19

The 6-foot-7, 305-pound Lunsford just entered the portal over the weekend as a graduate transfer. He already has offers from U of L, Arkansas, Houston, James Madison, Buffalo, and Charlotte and is likely to draw a lot more attention in the coming weeks.

A former three-star tackle out of Olney, Md., Good Counsel High School, Lunsford started all 13 games during the 2021 season and was the starter for 12 of 13 games in 2022 after being moved to left guard. He will have two years of eligibility remaining as a graduate transfer.

Lunsford ranked as the Terps’ second-best pass protector in 2022, according to Pro Football Focus. After giving up four sacks in 2021, Lunsford allowed no sacks, one quarterback hit, and eight hurries in all of 2022. The Terps’ moved Lunsford to the interior of the offensive line during his freshman season.

Being a graduate transfer, Lunsford does not have to abide by the new transfer portal windows and can enter as he wishes.

The next portal signing window for non-graduate athletes runs from May 1-15.

This would be a really big get for our OL, especially with 2 years of eligibility left. Serious competition though. Cross your fingers.

5 Likes