2023 Softball 🥎

Hmmm…
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1661856817163517952?s=46&t=m8btngsxmi-rFtQwnLyK7g

Yeah that call was utterly bogus.

I believe Kass is joining the coaching staff as a grad assistant next year. Lexi Wagner too.

1 Like

UNC-Chapel Hill’s softball coach retired today.

There is also an opening at NC State.

I’d be surprised if Chastain wasn’t a candidate for one or both of these jobs.

1 Like

Boooooooooo !

Not sure Chapel Hill won’t try to get a current P5 coach. If they offer Chastain, she’s going to get heavy encouragement from a couple other of our current coaches to take the job.

NO !
She belongs to us !
Give her a raise !

Or one of those “secret” extensions :thinking:

clt says give her ron’s bonus

2 Likes

She signed an extension through the 2026 season in 2021.

3 Likes

That was a typical P5 call. Chickens…t call and they knew it when they made it. Oh well, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

We can afford a raise, I’m sure. Switching to the AAC should help.

In Durham today, Duke 1 Stanford 3.
Karma’s a bitch, bitches. :smile:

Forecast looks bad and the weather might suck. too.

Edit: Duke’s ace had a no hitter for a long time and then was pulled in the sixth. Must have been “gassed” again.

1 Like

Any Stanford fans ejected?

1 Like

Probably not a big contingent of Stanford students :laughing: to begin with. Kind of a long road trip.

Edit: I guess school is out, so they would be home and not in Northern California. However, most of them are backpacking through Europe this summer, anyway.

1 Like

thinking hard elizabeth holmes GIF by Vulture.com

Duke 2 Stanford 7

No WCWS for Duke. :smile:

1 Like

That’s too bad. Now everyone has been thrown out of the stadium.

http://stats.ncaa.org/reports/attendance?id=22511

clt says we need more seats for softball

3 Likes

I have a feeling that number is going to go up quite a bit after this year. It’s not just the winning, like has been said previously it’s very easy to pull for this team.

3 Likes