2023 Softball đŸ„Ž

National TV game tonight at Clemson. I went by their new stadium when we went to baseball earlier this year. It is really nice!! And the fans pack it out. Their stadium was half full during warmups when we walked by.

Tough matchup tonight but a good opportunity for another quality win.

1 Like

I THINK this weekend’s games in Boca Raton are on CUSA TV, though neither schools website lists them as such. You’d think a school as opulent as FAU would spring for ESPN plus. Guess they can’t afford a second camera. :clown_face:

Edit: the games this weekend are on CUSA TV. Link provided on FAU website. Maybe in the next day or so, our’s will provide a link. This is going to be a very difficult series away. We also have Western Ky and North Texass away, which is why we really needed to sweep FIU last weekend.

1 Like

I’m sort of surprised they would pack that stadium with all the cultural events in the surrounding area to choose from.

2 Likes

I guess after they built a putt putt course and a playground for the football team, they had some money leftover to start a softball program from scratch.

1 Like

Very impressive field for such a young program

Ladies fall to #4 Clemson 9-1 in 5 innings. Actually played a good game until 5th inning where Clemson scored 7 runs.

Trailed Clemson 2-1 in the top of fifth and had the tying and go ahead runs both in scoring position and didn’t get them in. After a two run homer in the bottom of the inning, coach kind of threw in the towel on this game, bringing in two of our least effective pitchers. Probably trying to save something for our weekend series, which will be very big for our league standings.
Clemson’s lineup featured no player batting under .300 and one batting over .500.
They pitched someone with an ERA less than 1. Her ERA improved tonight, since we didn’t score an earned run. They are pretty good.

They’re very good. Nothing to feel bad about. Got a good win yesterday and now have a big opportunity down in Boca this weekend. :call_me_hand:

Got a RPI boost and saved our best pitching .

Only disturbing part I noticed was at least twice our batters could not bunt the ball to advance base runners.

1 Like

I thought this series might be OK for our RPI, and then I looked up FAU’s. It’s in the 95 range. Ours in between 25 and 30. I guess FAU must have had a weak OOC schedule.

One inning in books and CLT leads 1-0. Wearing green today in honor of St. Patrick.

2 Likes

Up 8-2, top of 7.
Boo gone yard twice !

5 Likes

Nice start for series beating FAU 8-2. Led by Vannoy’s 2 HRs and Krupit’s HR

2 Likes

Also, Sam Gress giving up what would have been zero earned runs except for an official scorekeeper who doesn’t know a hit from an error. :roll_eyes:

Boo is now 1 hit away from matching the school record for hits.

2 Likes

patrick GIF

LOVE Boo
absolutely LOVE Boo. There may not be a better player to represent us on any alltime list. And she may also be the undisputed best softball player we’ve ever had in our history.

But
she’s breaking a lot of these records with an extra Covid year
5 full seasons.

4 yr records broken in 5 yrs really should have an asterik
in every sport.