2023 Spring Game observations

https://twitter.com/GroupOfFiveGuys/status/1649929094090612736?t=OZhSBFInKHBp2lLhmUj4tw&s=19

Click on the video link.

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1gqGvyXavrlKB

Sorry I am having trouble getting the video to load separately. You can reach out by clicking on the Tweet above.

https___twitter.com_i_broadcasts_1gqGvyXavrlKB (414.7 KB)

1 Like

clt says great turnout considering cltfc match and the whitewater thing, plus rain forecasted for most of the week,

looking forward to seeing this team hit another team in the mouth

1 Like

For the people who could t make it out… A few good clips above.

2 Likes
1 Like

We will be competitive in tha AAC this year. It is going to be fun and I can’t wait!

I really liked what I saw from Jones. He seems a little faster than I thought he would be as well. Does anyone think Williams or Foster will transfer out? Also, any news on Carson Black? I believe his grandparents were in front of me and they looked concerned. Hopefully the injury is not too bad but so unlucky with it being the last play.

I am hoping a lot of players stick around for the summer sessions and workout on campus.

What is everyone’s thoughts on our WR’s? Anyone want to put out a guess of how the depth chart might look for WR and TE?

1 Like

We definitely need to add another WR. Im not sure we have a #1 right now although bradley and hestera look solid.

1 Like

I liked Hestera and Bradley looks to have potential. Fields could be okay too but was only thrown very contested balls. I think we need another impact WR too.

Think Bradley is gonna be the deep threat and Hestera will be the slot guy. There were several others who showed a flash here or there but might be a battle over the summer or could be an area for another transfer.

Jones is a senior this year.

There’s also the redshirt freshman wide receiver Ike White who transferred from Minnesota. Saw him on the sideline wearing a boot so not sure what his injury is but he was a 4 star (ESPN) out of St Francis. Could help out when he’s healthy.

I think we are not used to seeing good defensive pass coverage. I saw great pass defense: plus the defense is going to be ahead of the offense after only 15 practices

I know this will never happen but what if we did first come first serve tailgating for every game? The surrounding stadium atmosphere would be much better.

1 Like

It would be but $$$$$

1 Like

Yeah, this is a pipe dream based on the current parking/donation requirements, but you are right that the environment was GREAT! I was late getting there so we parked in the deck and walking over it was great to see so many people out enjoying the tailgate and felt like a legit college campus on game day. The key is getting more people in the gold circle lots to arrive early & tailgate but the fact that the AD gives the Normbulance great access is a nice plus.

3 Likes

Yea it was an eye-popping (in a good way) tailgate scene in the horseshoe Saturday. I understand why we can’t do it but that was a great atmosphere around the stadium.

1 Like

A potential solution would be to reward the best tailgating crews to prime spots among the gold club crew. If they show up bigger and better the near the stadium the following week, they might be able to retain the spot. Subjective, but a competitive concept to ponder that still gives the Gold Donors their prime lots.

Any HBO cameras there? Signs at entrance that have warnings about by entering you allow them to use your images?

I didn’t see anything. The only thing that looked different is that we had multiple crane camera positions. But that could have just been a Poggi wants more angles to review thing.