2024 AAC MBB Tournament March 13-17, Dickies Arena, Fort Worth, Texas (ESPN/ESPN/ESPN+)

2 Likes
1 Like

We can do this! Let’s go Niners! No telling who we will play but it really doesn’t matter. One game at a time.

5 Likes

Anyone else going to the game Friday night? We live in the DFW area; so I’m taking my son. Really hope we don’t get SMU, as it’s practically a home game for them.

4 Likes

SMU seems like a bad matchup for us too (big, athletic, with aggressive defense that probably won’t get called for fouls post-season). An upset by UTSA or Temple would be even more helpful for us. But Niners will have to get by some other good teams anyway, so just need to hit another gear and hopefully a couple other shooters get hot besides Milicic to open up the middle for Jackson (maybe Braswell can continue what he was doing at ECU, or Patterson gets hot…).

3 Likes

Wanna be top of the league, gotta beat top of the league…

Tough bracket possibilities for sure…but just hoping this magical, unexpected season continues to Sunday and beyond!

3 Likes

My main concern is that we haven’t been playing our best ball lately. Some things clicked at ECU but if we want to make some noise we need to be firing on all cylinders. It would be nice for Threadgill to get hot from behind the arc.

2 Likes

Threadgill’s shot looks awful. He’s getting no arc and no push. It’s a short, straight shot. Is his shoulder a problem?

clt says something is wrong with JT’s shot right now, he doesn’t seem balanced

2 Likes

From FanDuel, odds to win the tourney:

Odds to Win the AAC Tournament

FAU +165
Memphis +440
SMU +480
USF +550
North Texas +850
Charlotte +1300
UAB +2400
ECU +12000
Tulane +15000
Wichita State +15000
Tulsa +18000
Rice +25000
Temple +25000
UTSA +25000**emphasized text

1 Like

IMO he has no fluidity in the stroke. His motion seems to be guiding the ball to the basket. It’s like a golf swing where the more swing thoughts at setup is detrimental to a smooth in rhythm stroke. His flat arc is a symptom of trying to guide the ball. I’m sure the guy can shoot , it’s just as pressure mounts to succeed the worse it gets. Hope he figures it out

1 Like

He has a lot of cup marks and KT tape on shoulders and neck. Think he is injured. Still playing D but not shooting the same as even two games ago.

3 Likes

I thought as a freshman he could shoot lights out, but the more he played in Sanchez system the worse his stroke got over the past few years. The past few weeks have been awful

3 Likes

JT has no confidence right now. He’s thinking instead of reacting. He just needs to lose himself in the game and let it come to him.

It’s a vicious cycle. Can’t play well without confidence and hard to have confidence without playing well. Hope he figures it out

1 Like
1 Like

SMU is a bad matchup for us. I am hoping Temple or UTSA pulls the upset.

3 Likes

Memphis is a bad matchup…USF is a bad matchup…FAU is a bad matchup.

Gonna have to beat at least a couple of them if we want to win it.

1 Like

Correct :slight_smile: There’s no easy games for us this weekend. Hopefully we can make it interesting.

2 Likes

Got to hope they call some fouls on SMU to slow them down on Defense.
We need a methodical controlled game to beat them.
Braswell needs to hit some 3’s to pull the defense out also.

I prefer SMU over Memphis. I think Memphis is a bad matchup at just about every position. I think we can play with SMU.

9 Likes