2024 AAC MBB Tournament March 13-17, Dickies Arena, Fort Worth, Texas (ESPN/ESPN/ESPN+)

I love our guys and their heart but Memphis is a physically superior team. They believe they belong in the big dance. I don’t want another shot of their absolute best effort.

I watched a ton of conference tournament basketball this weekend and I thought the officiating was mostly good. Hope that carries over to the American. Those road games at USF and Memphis were just awful to watch.

2 Likes

clt says we are at +1500 to win the AAC tourney

1 Like

Tulane in that bracket as well, has lost lots of games, like 7/8 or something, but have talent & arguably the most experienced successful conference tourney Coach in the field.

I like that we are the underdogs again and no one thinks we have a chance. Yes most of the top teams are more talented but our guys have shown more toughness and resiliency. We’ve got to stay out of foul trouble and get scoring help off of the bench. Our biggest handicap is Reiber coming in for DJ. Hopefully DJ will hold up and play a lot of minutes.

4 Likes

Jackson was limited due to foul trouble/conditioning in the first matchup vs. SMU. Milicic also had a down game. Methinks we can win.

5 Likes

I feel like he’s had the cup marks and tape for pretty much all of the last two years though

2 Likes

Game Day Sport GIF by HockeyDiversityAlliance

4 Likes

Who do we want to win here? Which matchup is more favorable for us?

Maybe Rice will hire Ron to replace their coach. :grin:

4 Likes

Temple. UTSA has been playing well the past few weeks.

Was wanting UTSA because I believe they have a higher chance of a fluke win over SMU, but Ivy-Curry is out due to injury. Leaves me no choice but to think Temple smh

1 Like

One thing that blows me away is how SMU is advertising their move to the ACC during the AAC tournament over and over again. That’s got to be one of the most asshole moves I’ve seen in college sports in quite a while.

3 Likes

File this under low hanging fruit

line score from Ivy-Curry last game UTSA vs SMU on 3/2, it’s like Trexler Ivey and Steph Curry had a baby and now it plays for USTA, 33 pts and 1 completion/assist

I crack myself up

MIN OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
J. Ivy-CurryG 32 0 3 3 1 0 1 1 1 33

1 Like

Today’s games:

I suspect attendance will pickup tonight.

Big Temple Owls fan tonight!

6 Likes

Do we know when this location goes out of contract? I’d love it to be in ATL, Nashville, somewhere a little more central. NOLA would be awesome. If I’m going to fly, it would be nice if there was something else fun to do there to justify the expense.

1 Like

Need to find out where there are sponsors they want to pony up.