2024 Charlotte 49er Football 🏈

I would like to announce that I have entered the fan portal. I am holding out for lower cost tickets from other schools. I may be back but wanted to entertain other offers.

6 Likes

You forgot to thank God for your time at Charlotte and the other stuff they say on the the way out the door.

3 Likes

Weather Saturday looks sucky. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

1 Like

79°F

Precipitation: 20%

Humidity: 40%

Wind: 9 mph

Seems ok to me.

3 Likes

I really wish spring games allowed you to scrimmage another team. They are very boring unless you tailgate.

1 Like

clt says you should always tailgate

Weather for Saturday looking great now.

3 Likes

Homecoming will be Saturday November 16th. Seems rather late in the season.

It’s kinda late, but maybe they scheduled it later because it will be an afternoon game and they wanted to make sure it wouldn’t be 100 degrees at game time. Just a thought.

The only other Oct game is a a Thursday night game so this was the next home Sat game

GW game highlighted, apparently they have 12 FBS transfers.

They lost like 44-7 to ecu last year

There is no way in hell we are losing to GW. I expect a similar score as their ECU game.

2 Likes

Repeat the above. Absolutely no way. This is incentive to run it up. This stuff ticks me off. With all the changes with virtually all schools there is no telling who is better than whom.

1 Like

Here’s a super old campus newspaper article about why we didn’t have a football team in 1970.

2 Likes

“Too energy absorbing”?

Was that a 70s or prior thing?

Was that back when people still worked 40 hours a week or something?

And got off early on Friday to go play golf?

My response would have been get off your ass and get the job done of starting the ball rolling to get football.

Every high school in NC (almost) has a freaking football team. Is that to energy absorbing for their understaffed and underpaid faculty and staff?

Pathetic.

1 Like

Not sure if he is the one, but the AD who got fired the day they brought in Mullins for bball, to turn things around, i believe was a guy looking to get his tenure up (years
Worked) to get state retirement and a long time FB asst at NC state…. Needs to be confirmed, not sure about this.

Clyde Walker was our AD before Mullins, IIRC.

Clyde Walker followed Harvey Murphy if I’m not mistaken. Then Jeff.

1 Like

I’m still agitated that there isn’t an official CFI something in the stadium. I swear it’s one of the best stories in college sports and we won’t tell it because it paints Judy poorly.

2 Likes