2025 Game Announcement: CLT vs App State at BOA

I am glad the game isnā€™t till 2025, hopefully we have a good team (quarterback particularly) then. Itā€™s a good opportunity for exposure, need to capitalize on it.

1 Like

clt says we would beat appy if we played tomorrow

The winner should get the club lit sign that Healy left in the visitors locker room last time we played in Boone

2 Likes

The Club Lit Trophy?

They walloped a GA St team on the road that we lost to by 16 at home. I wouldnā€™t put any money on us against them this season unfortunately.

6 games on campus plus a BoA match-up vs Appy? I like it. Chapel Hill on campus too. Man I hope we got it together by then haha.

Need to hit on a QB next year, and an OL that can give him time. Simply canā€™t be a good team without good QB play. It doesnā€™t matter how good your defense is, if your offense canā€™t move the ball, youā€™re going to lose more than you win.

1 Like

I didnā€™t catch that at first. Figured it was taking the place of a home game. Nope. Nice.

Also blows a hole in my expansion theory. Curse you @Chidave49 :wink:

2 Likes

Right. I have no problem with being defensive minded but you canā€™t ignore the simple truism that you have to score more points than the other team. The number 25 ranked scoring defense in the country allows 20.4 points per game. Defense is great but you still need an offense that can get touchdowns and score points. Period.

Ours is 29.3 BTW, so on average we need four touchdowns and a field goal or three touchdowns and three field goals to win an average game.

Not sure that means anything. They also needed a 54 yard fg to beat ulm

Just comparing a common opponent. Not saying we couldnā€™t win but Iā€™d rather get our team a little more established than see how itā€™d play out this year.

Pretty sure my 6 week old will be older by then. Which means the wife canā€™t stop me from going to this I think. Iā€™ll be there, probably.

yeah, App has gotten better later in the season, but GS has gone the opposite direction. they are no where close to the team they were early in the season (look at their results)----App nearly lost to 2 terrible teams earlier in the year (Southern Miss and ULM). Really SHOULD have lost both, especially the ULM game.

Not sure how the teams will match up in 2 yrs but Apps fans will absolutely outnumber usā€¦by a lot.

I donā€™t think so. Especially if we do a dorm / campus drive. Again, itā€™s a free ticket and they all have a free ride down there on the train. There is no damn reason we canā€™t have 10k in students alone. Maybe more.

2 Likes

Will students get free tickets for a neutral game? Great if they do but I wouldnā€™t think thatā€™s guaranteed.

5 Likes

Maybe not, but for their athletic fees they should.

Who scheduled Monmouth? Sanchez?

I want to beat them anywhere, anytime

I think this is considered a sponsored preseason bowl game of sorts (for profit) and I donā€™t think there will be free tickets to students unless some rich benefactor buys a bunch and gives them to Charlotte students.

Iā€™m sure David Tepper will charge everyone full price if given the opportunity.

2 Likes