2026 49er Football Week 3 - Game #3 @ App State - 9/19 6PM ESPN+

I believe that Charlotte has the ability to win this game. Will they win? Of that, I have no confidence. They say a team improves the most between the first and second game. Charlotte did improve significantly between the first and second game, but not enough to be the team we would like them to be. Can they continue to improve? Can they come in with a sound game plan? Can they find a way to win? I wish I could answer those with “Sure!”, but right now, the most I can muster is “I hope so”, or “if Albin wants to keep his job, they better”.

Come on, 49ers. Make us believers…

12 Likes

A quick scan of twitter and I am reminded how much I hate App and their fans. They were royal aholes in Charlotte last year. I would love to beat the crap out of them.

With that said, I don’t expect us to win this one but I would love for us to be competitive into the 4th quarter and see what happens.

4 Likes

I just assume we’re going to get pumped by Appalachian every time. I need to be given a reason to believe, i want us to look competitive even in a loss

1 Like

I feel a little more optimistic after Saturday. We’ve got to stop the pre-snap penalties in the red zone though to have any chance of hanging in there. This is a chance to turn the season around, hope we’re able to find a way.

8 Likes

Pre snap penalty probably cost us a TD at Ole Miss. We had first & goal at the 2!

4 Likes

Interesting that most odds makers have us +17.5, that is a fast drop in one day. Apparently, some feel we are underrated or App is overrated.

3 Likes

I live in Asheville and know tons of App fans. They aren’t jealous of Charlotte. Not even a little. They never mention anything to me unless I say something about. Trust me they could not care less about us.

2 Likes

That’s because most of them don’t know we exist. They haven’t had homes or televisions and have been high since before we had a team.

3 Likes

Probably because this is the average App student’s dorm room:

7 Likes

We need to hit them early, avoid being so predictable, and avoid turnovers. If we are within 10 at halftime, we have a real chance. Home field advantage doesn’t bother me, as we’ve played them tougher there than here.

1 Like

If we and EZU are their Super Bowls, they are 8-0 in Super Bowls. Maybe we need us one of those.

20 point dogs at UNC Tweetsie. Oof, if we dont pull this one off, idk how many wins are on the schedule this year… I cant find one…

Maybe Louisiana, uab. Best opportunities

Hope we cover.

1 Like

I hope we win! Close/covering means nothing except another loss. The heck with that. Go Niners!

7 Likes

Can’t blame him. Why throw money at an 18 year-old who’ll play for a rival the next year.

3 Likes

https://x.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/2100415604880728472

2 Likes

https://x.com/CFBHome/status/2100336469965717667

1 Like