2026 49er Football Week 4 - Game #4 vs Louisiana - 9/26 6:30PM ESPN+

https://x.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/2102441258254028877?s=20

Opened at UL -14.5 and down to -10. Usually takes a lot of action to move a like that much that quick. We all are expecting going 0-for and much deserved, but im going to hold out hope one more time this season here.

2 Likes

Perfect weather for football on Saturday

7 Likes

What’s up Niners fans! The boys at Ragin Review look forward to the game this weekend, and welcome you to participate in our upcoming live episode tomorrow night at 8:30. We’ll give a rundown of the Niners, talk about key matchups on both sides of the ball, and share your comments and questions live. We love for this to be interactive and have a great time with opposing fans (mostly.) If you are able to make it, we’d love to have you! Check us out on YouTube @RaginReview!

11 Likes

https://x.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/2103141952283906242?s=20

4 Likes

Final Score Prediction: Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns win, 34-20.

We are at a point in the season, and Albin’s tenure, where this feels like a must win. They are expecting a great crowd, perfect weather, family weekend, all the things you need to move things forward, and if we lose, whether it’s close or not, doesn’t matter, I think we should officially be on firing watch.

I know this sounds crazy, but we play Michigan in 2028 and OSU in 2029. For us to have any chance to be or look respectable for those games, we need to cut our losses asap. To think we should stay with Albin, when he’s currently on a 12-game losing streak is absurd. Nice guy, won at Ohio, but a lot of coaches win at places, move to another school and then suck. There’s too many to list but look at Scott Frost. Goes 13-0 at UCF, in 2017, moves to Nebraska and only wins 16 games over the next 5 seasons and is fired after 3 games his last year. I’m sure Nebraska said, hey he didn’t forget to win, look what he did at UCF, give him time. Well, they did and it was 5 seasons of suck, before they said yeah, this ain’t happening.

Maybe we are stuck with Albin, but the next two weeks (family weekend and homecoming) should be must win games for this program and if I’m Kevin White I don’t say it, but I expect these games to be won, or I’m making a move at the end of the season. 2 years is enough of a sample size to say this is not working, especially if we only have 1-3 wins to show for it. Otherwise, we may be staring at 20 years of football and 1 winning season to show for it. Yikes.

2 Likes

I agree that these next games are games that Charlotte needs to win, and I agree that if they don’t, Albin’s future at Charlotte is likely to be short. Albin’s greatest strength as a coach is that he has total trust in his assistants, and treats both assistant coaches and players with respect, which allows him to retain assistants and players for longer than most coaches. Unfortunately, if he doesn’t have the players, and he doesn’t have the assistants to get the job done, that strength becomes a weakness, and may well be his undoing.

As for this game, a running QB opens up passing lanes, and causes all sorts of issues for defenses. Charlotte has a good defensive front 6, but schematically they seem to struggle, particularly against mobile QBs. As a result, I don’t think this will be a good matchup for Charlotte. I don’t see Charlotte being able to consistently stop Louisiana.

Louisiana also has a good secondary, and sound defensive schemes. Since Charlotte won’t be deploying a mobile QB, Louisiana will be able to comfortably sit back in their schemes, making it difficult for Charlotte to consistently move the ball. I don’t see Charlotte likely to put many points on the board. I’m calling this one:

Louisiana 35, Charlotte 17

I’m hard-headed and still wearing green glasses, Charlotte 24 Louisiana 21

2 Likes

I don’t look at this as a ā€œmust winā€. It is a ā€œI’d like winā€. It isn’t a conference game. We were originally scheduled to host Ole Miss at home this season and visit Louisville. The schedule was switched around to give us a better shot at winning. If you lose, it is all for nothing because Ole Miss would have sold far more tickets than ULL. Not sure we’ll ever have a chance to host a top 10 SEC team on campus again.

Good point about why we got rid of the Louisville game. Looking at our remaining home games, this is our best chance for a home win. I still think we have a shot to get a win at Temple. Carl points out the matchup issues with this game (mobile QB, good defense).

I really want to pick us to win this one but I think they’re bad matchup. I did notice they had 3 fumbles against UAB (2 lost). Our defense needs to force some turnovers if we’re going to have a shot.

3 Likes

If we accept a coach who regressed from a 1-11 season into a 0-12 season, we should shutter the program and funnel everything into basketball.

We had a coach talking about how we’re stronger, faster, would run the ball and have the resources to compete.

We got beat by a team with no resources (citadel) and was never really in a game against a team that wanted to hand it to us (App). We can’t establish the run consistently, our passing game is disjointed, and the defense is out of position.

I like Albin, if we win 3-4 games this year his seat would be ice cold. But we’re staring down an 0-4 OOC before starting a difficult conference stretch. We have shown at best minimal improvement. I don’t know how he’ll be able to sell good coordinators or transfers in a theoretical year 3.

We win 27 - 20

3 Likes

Well, not for nothing, for $1.8 million. The ticket revenue would have been far less than that.

1 Like

We would have received money from Louisville maybe not as much but not zero. Whether we get $1.2 million or $1.8 million for a game has no impact on me as a fan. More program buzz around hosting a SEC team on campus in the top 10 than ULL.

Yeah but that money is used to help fund the program, nil, expansion, etc, so it does impact the fans

2 Likes