2026 49er Football Week 4 - Game #4 vs Louisiana - 9/26 6:30PM ESPN+

I think we are better than last year. There is no quick fix for football. I say give Albin at least 3 years. I do think we need to address the starting QB now. Citadel changed QBs on us at the half, and it made a huge difference.

1 Like

The Citadel QB that came in late 1st half changed the game. We had no answer for him. I watched him play the last few minutes against Wofford and I was hoping he would stay on the bench. I guess our coaching staff didn’t pay any attention to him on the film or they would have been better prepared. I’m tired of seeing Gonzalez throw it up for grabs under pressure. Albin seems disinterested in giving Harrell a chance, It might be his undoing..

2 Likes

Fitch is the QB coach, and thus would be the one who makes the choice of QB.

Just looked it up Louisiana, if accurate, has 8 bowl games and 2 conference championships in last decade.

This is a serious program who has the advantage of getting talent from the deep talented state of La.

Yeah, the Niners historically get blown out in this spot. Hope I’m wrong.

North carolina has a ton of talent. More than Louisiana in most years. Louisiana is also a program in a shit hole stste, with an nil budget thst is a fraction of ours. We have no excuses

1 Like

https://x.com/ItsBrooksBaby/status/2102858760058286131?s=20

1 Like

If anyone happens to have an extra parking pass they are not using for the game tomorrow shoot me a pm.. Go Niners!

I may have one

1 Like

GAME DAY!

Let’s go NINERS!

3 Likes

https://x.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/2103842795865723012?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

1 Like

Even if Albin has a bad rest of the year, a new coach will need recruits for 2027 and 2028 in order to progress. Albin has been bringing in some talented Freshmen, and if they can be retained, the program will be on a much sounder footing in a few years, regardless of who is the coach.

2 Likes

Fitch is the OC but Albin has the final say on QB. If I was Albin I wouldn’t get fired because of a hard headed OC.

4 Likes

Fitch has a family connection to Gonzales so I wonder if it’s why they may go with him longer than they maybe should

That makes sense. Would just love to see a more up tempo offense with a more mobile QB. We are way to predictable right now..

3 Likes

Mobility is a major factor. But my biggest concern is his tendency to under or over throw WIDE OPEN receivers. I don’t get it and it’s frustrating as hell to watch him do that in every game so far. Sometimes resulting in interceptions.

2 Likes

It seems like we don’t get many yards after the catch because our receivers are constantly diving to make catches..

3 Likes

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF