24-34

Itā€™s good to see there is still plenty of hostility between our fans.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;275417]But the ā€œaverageā€ fan THINKS they know how good Wake is. (please noteā€¦ NINER fans on this board are way ABOVE ā€œAVERAGEā€)[/QUOTE]
Wake is after all, a member of the ACC! :shades:

But the "average" fan THINKS they know how good Wake is. (please note....[B][I] NINER fans on this board are way ABOVE "AVERAGE")[/I][/B]

Iā€™ll take that as a personal comment directed to and for me only. :smile:

It's good to see there is still plenty of hostility between our fans.

Shut up.:tongue:

It's good to see there is still plenty of hostility between our fans.

seriously, what a nasty reply from our friend Bust. I simply was informing him I could not see his reply and I assumed it missed the point in regards to RPI. As for the insults, keyboard courage is highly overrated, my policy is never say online what you would not in person, and if he ever wished to say those unkind things in person, Iā€™d wager heā€™d have an upleasant experience. I would wish him Merry Christmas but he probably is one of those ā€œHappy Holidaysā€ types.

back to RPI, I started this thread because its so frustrating that we are having very nice results on the court, but not getting the ā€œpullā€ up the RPI ladder. When I saw our sked in the preseason, I would of assumed all these teams would be far better record wise by now (tough OOC sked). Lets hope these teams like HP, App, and Davidson kick butt in conference and pile up a winnning %.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;275430]Shut up.:tongue:[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m sure at some point one of will say something that pissed the other person off, but the hostility there has definitely waned, especially since CUSA-Talk fell by the wayside.

Shut up.:tongue:
You smell funny.

And by funny, I mean like roses.

seriously, what a nasty reply from our friend Bust. I simply was informing him I could not see his reply and I assumed it missed the point in regards to RPI. As for the insults, keyboard courage is highly overrated, my policy is never say online what you would not in person, and if he ever wished to say those unkind things in person, I'd wager he'd have an upleasant experience. I would wish him Merry Christmas but he probably is one of those "Happy Holidays" types.

back to RPI, I started this thread because its so frustrating that we are having very nice results on the court, but not getting the ā€œpullā€ up the RPI ladder. When I saw our sked in the preseason, I would of assumed all these teams would be far better record wise by now (tough OOC sked). Lets hope these teams like HP, App, and Davidson kick butt in conference and pile up a winnning %.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

[QUOTE=eason49;275437]You smell funny.

And by funny, I mean like roses.[/QUOTE]

ā€¦

back to RPI, I started this thread because its so frustrating that we are having very nice results on the court, but not getting the "pull" up the RPI ladder. When I saw our sked in the preseason, I would of assumed all these teams would be far better record wise by now (tough OOC sked). Lets hope these teams like HP, App, and Davidson kick butt in conference and pile up a winnning %.

As someone posted earlier I think the fact that we havenā€™t played a true road game yet has hurt us. I think we could see a nice jump if we pull out wins at Hofstra and Tulsa. Iā€™m not sure how much but I know the RPI weights true road games more.

I agree with you though metro, I would have thought our RPI would be better than it is right now with the teams weā€™ve beaten.

I'm sure at some point one of will say something that pissed the other person off, but the hostility there has definitely waned, especially since CUSA-Talk fell by the wayside.

Iā€™ve mellowed in my old age.

You smell like daffodils.
back to RPI, I started this thread because its so frustrating that we are having very nice results on the court, but not getting the "pull" up the RPI ladder. When I saw our sked in the preseason, I would of assumed all these teams would be far better record wise by now (tough OOC sked). Lets hope these teams like HP, App, and Davidson kick butt in conference and pile up a winnning %.

I hear ya.

As NinerAdvocate pointed out, the jury is still out on Davidson & SIU. They can shrug off their losses to top schools and help us out with big-time years. But HP & App State? Yuck.

None of our opponents seems to have lived up to their preseason expectations.

I hear ya.

As NinerAdvocate pointed out, the jury is still out on Davidson & SIU. They can shrug off their losses to top schools and help us out with big-time years. But HP & App State? Yuck.

None of our opponents seems to have lived up to their preseason expectations.

45-
want more good news?

look at our next 4 opponents records combined:
Hofstra 1-4
Tulsa 3-4
GW 4-6
FD 1-5
[B] total 9-19

[/B]

45- want more good news?

Hofstra 1-4
Tulsa 3-4

Hofstra and Tulsa are 4-8? :ohmy:

Greeeeeaaaaaat. There goes my expectations for the SOS this year.

Watch them look like 10-1 teams against us at homeā€¦and then fall apart in conference play. Thatā€™s how our luck has been, lately.

Our opponents need to stop worrying about why our fans donā€™t charge the court afterwardā€¦ AND START WINNING THEIR FREAKINā€™ GAMES!

Just as a reminder, here are the predictions of the 49ersā€™ opponents. No doubt that some have been disappointments. They need to perform as advertised and Charlotte needs to win themselves.

[B][COLOR=Blue]High Point[/COLOR][/B], [B]1st[/B] in Big South Conference
[B][COLOR=blue]Appalachian State[/COLOR][/B], [B]2nd[/B] in Southern Conference, North Division
[B][COLOR=Red]Georgia Tech[/COLOR][/B], [B]7th[/B] in Atlantic Coast Conference
[B][COLOR=blue]Illinois-Chicago[/COLOR][/B], [B]8th[/B] in Horizon League
[B][COLOR=red]Monmouth[/COLOR][/B], [B]10th[/B] in Northeast Conference
[B][COLOR=blue]Wake Forest[/COLOR][/B], [B]11th[/B] in Atlantic Coast Conference
[B][COLOR=blue]Davidson[/COLOR][/B], [B]1st[/B] in Southern Conference, South Division
[B][COLOR=blue]Southern Illinois[/COLOR][/B], [B]1st[/B] in Missouri Valley Conference
Hofstra, [B]5th[/B] in Colonial Athletic Association
Tulsa, [B]5th[/B] in Conference USA
Gardner-Webb, [B]8th[/B] in Atlantic Sun Conference
Fairleigh-Dickinson, [B]9th[/B] in Northeast Conference
Maryland, [B]6th[/B] in Atlantic Coast Conference
Clemson, [B]4th[/B] in Atlantic Coast Conference

you forgot Clemson, HP

Cut & paste is difficult for me, NA.

[QUOTE=HP49er;275518]Cut & paste is difficult for me, NA.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m too lazy to look it up.

That doesnt look so bad, especially when you consider that NCSU appears to be completely overrated. Iā€™m thinking that we still have to play ACC#3 & ACC#4 to start January, or something close to it.

I'm too lazy to look it up.

That doesnt look so bad, especially when you consider that NCSU appears to be completely overrated. Iā€™m thinking that we still have to play ACC#3 & ACC#4 to start January, or something close to it.

I am thinking a win at Clemson could jack up or RPI close to 50 pts

hey check this out: SIU plays St Maryā€™s next, who is #1 in RPI. If SIU could win, we will slide up a good deal

http://kenpom.com/sked.php?&y=2008&team=St.%20Maryā€™s