4.30.19 discussion

Was returning to CLT from Gastonia earlier tonight and saw an electronic billboard just past the McAdenville exit on the left that displayed the STRONG image with the 49ers pick as the O in STRONG. Touching move. Thanks to whomever was responsible for that.

Also, Duke Energy Building and BofA tower were lit in green tonight.

1 Like

Or at least name the room that he was in after him.

If you are a Reddit user, please send some positive thoughts to this student, let them know they aren’t alone:

Saw a ‘STRONG’ billboard on my commute in today with the O being the C49ers logo. I wish I could have taken a photo. I never want something like this to be what unites us, but we need to be united.

And one for the golfers to sign behind

hole #1

1 Like
3 Likes

NBC News: Family of slain UNC Charlotte student: We’re ‘beyond proud’ of his actions.

1 Like

A building or memorial should absolutely be named after Riley. This kid gave it all for humanity and the protection of others. He comes from a great family of educators and they should be proud he has given many others the opportunity to use their learning to better the world.

1 Like

Done.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-rotc-cadet-riley-howell-receive-full-honors-military-burial

1 Like

Great idea whomever started that petition.

Got mine

1 Like

Any reason why the other person that died couldn’t be recognized as well? They took a bullet that could have hit someone else. Two people died and only hear about the one. Is it because he is from around here or is it the action of the individuals taken?

The other victim is actually from a place closer than Waynesville.

I think both need to be remembered and families uplifted. Both are tragic victims of a senseless act. I think the reason Riley is being held up is he literally ran into the face of death to save others. The level of courage and selflessness is something to be revered. That doesn’t minimize the life of the other victim, but it reason to call out Riley as he likely saved the lives of others with his actions.

5 Likes

Lots of golfers at Quail Hollow wearing these ribbons today.

1 Like

Another shirt being sold to raise funds.

EDIT: I don’t know who is running this one

The person that put this T-shirt together misspelled Reed’s name. It is Ellis “Reed” Parlier. I hope this is a valid program.

Yeah, I had just edited to show I don’t know the owner. That said, I can’t help if they are disingenuous with their campaign, but I’ll wear the hell out of that shirt in honor of the victims.