4.30.19 discussion

Good point NWA.

Reed Parlier is from Midland (Cabarrus County) and went to school in Union County where his mom is the Lead Speech Language Pathologist for the school system. What Riley did was heroic, and he deserves to be acknowledged for his selfless act, but I hope we do not diminish the loss of Reed in an effort to celebrate Riley. This is a tough balancing act, but they are both Niners and need to be remembered.

3 Likes

I decided to make my own shirt…never forget. Might be a copyright problem, but I wanted something…

1 Like

From new Wake AD John Currie:

This.

1 Like
3 Likes

If he didn’t deserve it, no one did.

Account from the faculty member in whose class the shooting occured…gut wrenching to read.

I know some may not follow closely but with a strong NASCAR base locally, they’re showing support this weekend in Dover.

2 Likes

Jesse is a student at Charlotte.

2 Likes

Now that is talent

I’d love to see that moved to campus and kept permanently somewhere.

Scholarship fund for Reed. https://crowdfund.uncc.edu/project/15674

Can anyone verify this? I researched Bonfire fundraising and seems like the creator receives the funds. I’d hope no one would take advantage of a situation like this but I’d love
To purchase a few, especially if proceeds benefit these gentlemen in any way. Just don’t want to contribute if it’s not legitimate

I can verify that this is legitimate. The family has promoted it. I would encourage everyone to support it.

I wasn’t able to find it directly from crowdfund.uncc.edu/

I’m either looking in the wrong spot or it needs to be linked to the main crowdfund site. Can anyone else confirm, please?

I think they’ve removed all other crowfunding projects expect Niner Nation Unites from the homepage of crowdfund.uncc.edu. Example, Class of 2018-19 Gift project is still active https://crowdfund.uncc.edu/project/10612

1 Like

I was impressed how quickly the Wells Fargo Championship pulled together tributes. Talked to someone there Sunday, and those boards the public and golfers signed are going to be donated to the school. They also had a row of these flags by the front entrance. CLT

5 Likes

Anyone know where I can get a Charlotte Strong shirt before May 17th? I’m hiking 28.3 miles on the 18th for Make-A-Wish and would like to dedicate part of my hike to Riley and Ellis.

1 Like