49er Football Portal

Great, heroic story of your uncles valor

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2023 Football Recruiting Thread

Everyone wants the best for their kids. The same thing happens with non athletes. Everyone thinks they should get into their dream school if they have great grades but the competition is fierce.

You would think simply looking at the statistics of the number of players who donā€™t get to play in college AT ALL much less FBS would be a reality check in this situation.

The vast vast majority of kids should be looking at college football as a way to get a scholarship and getting to keep playing the game they love. Much better to go to an FCS or D2 school and get to actually play.

1 Like

Showed some promise but was injured a lot. Could not stay on the field enough to make an impact.

2 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2023 Football Recruiting Thread

Best of luck to all that have choose a different path forward. I am assuming he has been participating in the off season workoutā€™s going on?

From the outside looking in, the bar has been raised. The exceptions are higher. The discipline it takes to get out of bed every morning, put on your uniform , get to work early, and feel real pain, then get your school work done, perhaps even knowing you are not going to fare as good as you once did when the pads come onā€¦I can only speculate, but that could be a traumatic shock for a young man to fight through, especially if you were recruited with the dancing and fun in mind. It seems to me they are working their asses off, and the guys that make it through to game day are going to be so much better off for it.

Agree, I must have worded it incorrectly. I am just saying good luck to those who have chosen to leave. As he is an underclassman I speculated he met and experienced the different regime and culture. Culture might be the wrong word, and he decided it was not for them in the long term and wanted to see what else was out there. Great that they took the time to understand the new program, coaches and philosophy, as much as we know from the outside and try it. Absolutely nothing against the players, individual preference.

1 Like
1 Like

clt says that was quick, listed on the spring game roster

Must not have liked where/when he was selected in the draft

If someone beat him out that bodes well for our OL.

4 Likes

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

I wish him the best of luck. I am surprised he didnā€™t enter earlier based on our new depth chart. Did he get any carries the other night?