49er Football T-Shirts

Since we hi-jacked JimmyHatā€™s thread, weā€™re gonna start a new thread. Weā€™re thinking about making some Charlotte 49er football t-shirts to raise some $$ for the causeā€¦if it makes sense to.

Hereā€™s the place to throw out your ideas, and ways to help.

1. Where can we sell the shirts? Can we get permission on campus?

2. What can we have on them? Can we use Charlotte, 49ers, UNC Charlotte?

3. What do you think they should look like? Any artists out there?

4. Whatever else youā€™ve gotā€¦

Who do we talk to about getting the needed permission?

Thanks Eric, I guess I was up long enough after all.

How bout some ā€œUniversity of Charlotteā€ t-shirts.

Iā€™d buy 5, for every day of the week.

Considering the logos are trademarked (or rights reserved, I donā€™t know), as well as the name Charlotte 49ers, and youā€™re not a licensed vendor, producing the shirts is going to be against the law to start with ā€¦ so donā€™t even think about bothering to ask for permission to sell them on campus. If you make them, keep it on the D.L. maybe restricted to this board. No one is going to like you profiting off the schoolā€™s logo, whatever the intention.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;168709]Considering the logos are trademarked (or rights reserved, I donā€™t know), as well as the name Charlotte 49ers, and youā€™re not a licensed vendor, producing the shirts is going to be against the law to start with ā€¦ so donā€™t even think about bothering to ask for permission to sell them on campus. If you make them, keep it on the D.L. maybe restricted to this board. No one is going to like you profiting off the schoolā€™s logo, whatever the intention.[/QUOTE]

The other thought was to sell the shirts and have the money go directly to the athletic department/foundation.

Does that change anything?

This discussion started because a frat was able to make UNC Charlotte Football shirts and sell them on campus in front of the bookstore a couple of years ago. Iā€™m pretty sure logos will be off limits but UNC Charlotte Football, Charlotte Football or Charlotte 49ers Football would all be OK if we could get the permission.

I think football shirts will be easier to sell than University of Charlotte shirts. Everybody wants a football team, the majority of people on campus probably wouldnā€™t even understand a ā€œUniversity of Charlotteā€ shirt. Also, ā€œbuy a football shirt to help the football fundā€ is pretty straightforward and an easy sell to make.

Here is the link from the other thread:

http://www.nineronline.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/03/04/4047772c4e74a

I spoke with Jo Prophit at the UNCC licensing office. She said that we can use the logos, but for resale we need to go through a licensed group - she mentioned Freemanā€™s Screen Printers in Charlotte.

I spoke with Chris at Freemanā€™s - heā€™re an estimate of our costs (assuming 100 shirts):
$15.00 for 30 minutes of design work - such as separating colors, etc. He said this usually runs about 30 minutes

Printing
[LIST]$0.90 for a light color shirt (white, gold, gray)[/LIST]
[LIST]$1.50 for a dark color shirt (green)[/LIST]

Shirts
[LIST]$2.65 for a white shirt (50/50 cotton)[/LIST]
[LIST]$3.15 for a gray shirt (50/50 cotton) [/LIST]
[LIST]$3.80 for a hunter green shirt (50/50 or 100% cotton)[/LIST]

They already sell Charlotte Football shirts in the bookstore.

They already sell Charlotte Football shirts in the bookstore.

i was just there and didnt see any

Im gonna get a pciture real quick

But they are in there, or were

Having football shirts in the bookstore at bookstore prices being sold for profit is a completely different situation than actively selling football shirts with all profits going directly towards a football fund.

C49er got the ball rolling in a major way today, we will get the restrictions (if any) on design/logo/name usage finalized this week and move forward from there.

[QUOTE=CMack124;168809]Having football shirts in the bookstore at bookstore prices being sold for profit is a completely different situation than actively selling football shirts with all profits going directly towards a football fund.

C49er got the ball rolling in a major way today, we will get the restrictions (if any) on design/logo/name usage finalized this week and move forward from there.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m gonna attempt some phone calls tomorrow. Iā€™ve got next Monday off as well, so I plan to do a lot of foot work then. Iā€™m pumped.

Some updates, we are pretty certain that we will be allowed to use any school name and logo we want to for this. We are likely going to go with a gray shirt with green print (to save about $120 per shipment compared to green shirts).

Please start posting designs if you have any. Something simple that will look good in two colors (gray of the shirt and green of the print). The athletic logo doesnt look very good in two colors, but if you can get it to work, we are all for it.

The target for short term is getting out a shipment of about 100 to sell amongst NNN regulars and other random people. We would like, if that is successful, to catch the freshmen at SOAR and sell there, that could be a gold mine if we caught them with their parents. Then start selling on campus to students in August when everybody comes back to school.

Iā€™d prefer White shirtsā€¦ Grey is such an ugly color.

[QUOTE=CMack124;168837]Then start the massive ā€œlaunchā€ in August when everybody comes back to school.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;168838]Iā€™d prefer White shirtsā€¦ Grey is such an ugly color.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m gonna check on our options for that tooā€¦thanks for the feedback.

Front:
[B]FUCT[/B]

Back:
Football at the University of Charlotte Today!

sure to be an attention grabber

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;168838]Iā€™d prefer White shirtsā€¦ Grey is such an ugly color.[/QUOTE]
if doing 50/50 white/grey is an option, we will do it. thanks for the input.