49er Football T-Shirts

[QUOTE=ninerID;168841]Front:
[B]FUCT[/B]

Back:
Football at the University of Charlotte Today!

sure to be an attention grabber[/QUOTE]

Now all we have to do is get permission to sell them on campus :lmao:

No problemo amigos

As I told C49er earlier today, the launch dates for everything is key. By August, I’d like to have the website in “publishable” condition. In fact, the pledge form is getting worked on as I type this.

I believe it should be a classic t-shirt style with the small logo on the upper left brest and the major stuff on the back. The back should, of course, contain a call-to-action and the website address.

*I second the white t-shirt vote. No one ever has a problem with white and it goes with everything. Green text looks better on white too.

The back would be the space reserved for advertising if we can secure the $$$ for it. With advertising every penny from sales ($1000 for 100 shirts sold if we go with the $10 price) goes to the athletic department. If we have to front the money then we are spending $400 on getting shirts made, so only $600 gets donated to the cause.

As for charlotte49erfootball.com, we are going to have to see how it works out. At the very, very least we will be giving out a small information page about the site with every shirt. With advertising some company might want the entire back of the shirt to themselves. Putting the website on the back would be a great thing, we will try to make it happen. Edit: Not clear enough, the website WILL be on the shirt in some way.

About the design. Without advertising we could free up the back for information, but it would also raise the cost to the point where half of every sale would go towards the cost of making the shirts. Unless we find a very kind sponsor we are either going to have to go with a one sided shirt or a two sided design with the sponsor(s) logo on the back and hopefully the website. So the decision is whether to make the front a full image or just a small breast logo.

Any and all thoughts/ideas about all of this are very much welcome, so please speak up if you have an idea or any thoughts

One final thing, I am going to have massive print quota left over from my engineering computer account this semester. If somebody can please design a 1/2 or 1/4 page information flier about the website I would print out a couple hundred of them at least. I know the site isn’t up, but my print quota runs out in May, and it goes to waste if not used, so if we can get a basic information sheet about what the site will have, I can put my engineering fees to good use!

[QUOTE=Roasty;168846]As I told C49er earlier today, the launch dates for everything is key. By August, I’d like to have the website in “publishable” condition. In fact, the pledge form is getting worked on as I type this.

I believe it should be a classic t-shirt style with the small logo on the upper left brest and the major stuff on the back. The back should, of course, contain a call-to-action and the website address.

*I second the white t-shirt vote. No one ever has a problem with white and it goes with everything. Green text looks better on white too.[/QUOTE]

Roasty, we’re definitely aiming for the all-out August launch date - website, t-shirts, etc. As CMack said about getting shirts out at SOAR, what are your thoughts? I’m guessing that would start in about 2 months?

The T shirts, I would hope we could get them out to SOAR, thats the people that need that education. They will be the generation that really pushes it.

Also, I was wondering how much graphic is gonna be on front. Like there is 1 line that says Charlotte 49er Football
then under it, you can right it in smaller text, Charlotte49erfootball.com
you know?

Apparently my last post was the 100,000th

gold duster thread>this piece of crap pathetic excuse for a thread. 70000 views over like 500

Nevermind

there are like 400 threads devoted to football on this site. all stating the exact same thing. we should start a football program. only 3 of them have actually taken initiative to actually do something about it. you show me why i thought the way i did. this is the reason why i don’t support football at this school because it won’t get enough support and it will die off like it once did when we were the “Charlotte Owls”. We did have a football program when this school was originally founded but it soon became a blip on our radar. So until someone steps up like jimmyhat and actually does something about this so called dream that we all have but only a few actually support i do not and probably will never see a football team here.

Perhaps the girls should play football…in skirts? Maybe then we’d not only get the funding, but the page views?

[QUOTE=the daxified one;168874]there are like 400 threads devoted to football on this site. all stating the exact same thing. we should start a football program. only 3 of them have actually taken initiative to actually do something about it. you show me why i thought the way i did. this is the reason why i don’t support football at this school because it won’t get enough support and it will die off like it once did when we were the “Charlotte Owls”. We did have a football program when this school was originally founded but it soon became a blip on our radar. So until someone steps up like jimmyhat and actually does something about this so called dream that we all have but only a few actually support i do not and probably will never see a football team here.[/QUOTE]

The people on this board are working together to raise money to improve our athletic department. There are many people involved, working on several different things for the same goal. Maybe you should contribute to a cause with the goal of improving your school, rather than complain that nothing is ever done. That post was absolutely ridiculous.

Edited

that might work. i always did enjoy watching powderpuff football in high school. our senior girls were killers man. They broke 3 junior girls arms it was great.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;168874]there are like 400 threads devoted to football on this site. all stating the exact same thing. we should start a football program. only 3 of them have actually taken initiative to actually do something about it. you show me why i thought the way i did. this is the reason why i don’t support football at this school because it won’t get enough support and it will die off like it once did when we were the “Charlotte Owls”. We did have a football program when this school was originally founded but it soon became a blip on our radar. So until someone steps up like jimmyhat and actually does something about this so called dream that we all have but only a few actually support i do not and probably will never see a football team here.[/QUOTE]
This is a thread about taking action to raise money for the athletic department. Please explain how it is another useless thread about people wanting to get a football team but doing nothing about it? Is selling t-shirts going to bring football to Charlotte? of course not. Is it better than sitting on NNN complaining about anything? Of course it is.

The idea originated last night, less than 24 hours ago. We have already gotten permission to use logos, made contacts in the athletic department and begun pricing options for shirts. If you want to complain about threads that do nothing and just bitch about wanting football, please use one of the 399 other threads like that here.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;168865]The T shirts, I would hope we could get them out to SOAR, thats the people that need that education. They will be the generation that really pushes it.

Also, I was wondering how much graphic is gonna be on front. Like there is 1 line that says Charlotte 49er Football
then under it, you can right it in smaller text, Charlotte49erfootball.com
you know?[/QUOTE]
That’s the thought. It all depends on the sponsor issue. Ideally it would be nice to have the website at the top of the back of the shirt with sponsor information below, but who knows if we can actually do that. Having it on the front below “Charlotte 49er Football” and a graphic of some sort is definitely the second best option I think.

SOAR is an okay place to advertise and raise awareness but lets be honest the freshmen at SOAR don’t have any money. The target market for this campaign should be people in their 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s with money. To get this project off the ground we need to prove to the administration that people are willing to donate a substantial amount of money. We need to find a way to reach out to the Charlotte business community, the mayor, and other local officials to give this thing some backing. There are a lot of people with money in this town and if we could get a small percentage of it that would go a long way to help our cause. May we should mail free T-shirt and information to wealth Charlotte alumni, area business owners, radio stations, and politicians.

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;168886]SOAR is an okay place to advertise and raise awareness but lets be honest the freshmen at SOAR don’t have any money. The target market for this campaign should be people in their 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s with money. To get this project off the ground we need to prove to the administration that people are willing to donate a substantial amount of money. We need to find a way to reach out to the Charlotte business community, the mayor, and other local officials to give this thing some backing. There are a lot of people with money in this town and if we could get a small percentage of it that would go a long way to help our cause. May we should mail free T-shirt and information to wealth Charlotte alumni, area business owners, radio stations, and politicians.[/QUOTE]

Those are definitely good ideas about getting the shirts out to the different groups.

The idea behind SOAR is to catch the students with their parents…not when they’re alone without money. :smile: Hook em young and you’ll hook em for life.

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;168886]SOAR is an okay place to advertise and raise awareness but lets be honest the freshmen at SOAR don’t have any money. The target market for this campaign should be people in their 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s with money. To get this project off the ground we need to prove to the administration that people are willing to donate a substantial amount of money. We need to find a way to reach out to the Charlotte business community, the mayor, and other local officials to give this thing some backing. There are a lot of people with money in this town and if we could get a small percentage of it that would go a long way to help our cause. May we should mail free T-shirt and information to wealth Charlotte alumni, area business owners, radio stations, and politicians.[/QUOTE]
Those are all terrific points. My case for going after freshmen is that they will be walking advertisements for the website if we can get a large number of these shirts in their hands. They got those ugly Niner Nation shirts last summer (for free though) and I see those all the time now. If we can catcht the kids with their parents I think we could get a bunch of them to fork over $10 and become charlotte49erfootball.com advertising machines.

You are right that the meat of actually making an impact on a serious level is not with freshman, and likely not with any current students, it is with the people with more disposable income. The shirts are a small money idea which are doubling as advertising for the site. The $1000 selling 100 shirts would raise is nothing compared to having 100 students walking around campus with the website on their back.

sorry Eric, I am too slow and type too much so I keep repeating whatever you say.