49er Football T-Shirts

Ya thats what I ment with the freshman. It creates a good fanbase.

Here is a very crappy paint picture of what I am picturing.

Put whatever needs to go in the first line BTW

BLAST that pic wont show up.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;168874]Whatever stupid thing dax said[/QUOTE]

WTF is it with undergrads and their total lack of reading comprehension? If you spent half the time reading the important posts in each of the 3 or 4 important threads on this matter that you just spent trying to formulate that pathetic excuse for a post, youā€™d realize that we are actually doing a lot. Weā€™re developing a website (me and gotLutz), doing pledge research and accumulation (JimmyHat), t-shirt design (C49er and CMack), along with a pantload of other details that weā€™ve been mentioning or not depending on the subject matter. Weā€™re so sorry we donā€™t all run our communication through you.

Do you really think 3 or 4 threads on this subject would get so many responses if we were all just complaining? Get real.

If you donā€™t support the advancement of the university through the pursuit of a football program, fine, but please donā€™t waste everyone elseā€™s bandwidth with your excuse for college thought.

So what do you think of the 2 designs. They are very ruff, b ut I think going with something like that we can include both our point and our website.

I like the second design you made Gill, plain and to the point. Maybe adding some kind of simple graphic above it just to make the shirt more attractive. The first design is good, but the overlapping and details of the 49er logo wonā€™t look good in the one color printing we are going to be doing.

COol. Thats what I picture. Some simple that gets to the point you know. Going overboard with graphics is a bad idea. Its hard to wear it casually.

We want football, should def not be whats on the shirts though, I just threw that on there. But that one line does allow us to add our url on there, and still keep the back empty for advertising space.

Have we found a sponser? I wouldnt mind helping to find one.

Weā€™re working on a sponsor, weā€™ve still got to clear some other issues before we start getting into actually making these things.

Awesome. Im just trying to help and get involved in any way I can. Let me know if I can!

Thanks, we appriciate the support. Right now things are at a bit of a stand still for a week days until we can ge some stuff finalized.

If you are bored enough, we still need a 1/4 or 1/2 page flyer written about charlotter49erfootball.com and what it is trying to accomplish. I have until early May to get those printed out for free.

I can throw something together for you to review if thats ok

Thatā€™s perfect man, we will have to get with roasty and gotLutz about the key points, but anything you could do would be a great start and very much appriciated.

I havenā€™t heard from the Athletic Foundation, and completely my fault, I havenā€™t followed up yet. My plan is to create at least 100 shirts (more if the money is available). I figure selling them for $10.00 apiece is a fair deal, and a way to get a decent amount of money back for each. If thereā€™s a sponsor, then 100% of the [B]proceeds[/B] would go to the Athletic Foundation, in the name of the Football cause. If there is no sponsor, then 100% of the [B]profits [/B]would go to the Athletic Foundation. Iā€™m assuming that they will be OK with thisā€¦I canā€™t imagine them turning down free $$.

I know there are some talented folks on the board (graphics-wise). Could some of you throw together some ideas for some fairly simple t-shirts to advertise the movement as well as the new site? Two sides will cost a little more than 1 side, butā€¦it may look better.

I think weā€™d go for gray shirts first, and maybe green depending on how things go. I think weā€™re about 50/50 on whether we can use the 49ers logos, but I say we assume that we can if it fits what youā€™re thinking.

Maybe the biggest point would be that it needs to be classy - something that people would actually wear, young and old (no NASCAR-type shirts), and nothing that the school could take offense to.

Iā€™m ready to go ahead and do this, and Iā€™m not going to rely on a corporate sponsor. I honestly donā€™t have the time or hookups to get them.

Iā€™d like to get these make within the next couple of weeks, so pleaseā€¦if you have any design ideas or connections to money, please send them my way. Iā€™ll get you my email address or whatever works best. I assume SOAR and those types of things are going on right now, so that is an option as far as getting these out, or we can just wait til the fall - whatever we decide will work the best to get these out there.

I haven't heard from the Athletic Foundation, and completely my fault, I haven't followed up yet. My plan is to create at least 100 shirts (more if the money is available). I figure selling them for $10.00 apiece is a fair deal, and a way to get a decent amount of money back for each. If there's a sponsor, then 100% of the [B]proceeds[/B] would go to the Athletic Foundation, in the name of the Football cause. If there is no sponsor, then 100% of the [B]profits [/B]would go to the Athletic Foundation. I'm assuming that they will be OK with this...I can't imagine them turning down free $$.

I know there are some talented folks on the board (graphics-wise). Could some of you throw together some ideas for some fairly simple t-shirts to advertise the movement as well as the new site? Two sides will cost a little more than 1 side, butā€¦it may look better.

I think weā€™d go for gray shirts first, and maybe green depending on how things go. I think weā€™re about 50/50 on whether we can use the 49ers logos, but I say we assume that we can if it fits what youā€™re thinking.

Maybe the biggest point would be that it needs to be classy - something that people would actually wear, young and old (no NASCAR-type shirts), and nothing that the school could take offense to.

Iā€™m ready to go ahead and do this, and Iā€™m not going to rely on a corporate sponsor. I honestly donā€™t have the time or hookups to get them.

Iā€™d like to get these make within the next couple of weeks, so pleaseā€¦if you have any design ideas or connections to money, please send them my way. Iā€™ll get you my email address or whatever works best. I assume SOAR and those types of things are going on right now, so that is an option as far as getting these out, or we can just wait til the fall - whatever we decide will work the best to get these out there.

Iā€™d deffinitely like to throw together some ideas. Ill have ā€œCharlotte49erfootball.comā€ and ā€œBring football to Charlotteā€ unless anybody can think of a better slogan or motto or whatever.

[QUOTE=49or bust;179625]Iā€™d deffinitely like to throw together some ideas. Ill have ā€œCharlotte49erfootball.comā€ and ā€œBring football to Charlotteā€ unless anybody can think of a better slogan or motto or whatever.[/QUOTE]
Heck, throw out ideas. Once we get a list, weā€™ll make a poll. Thanks 49or.

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;168838]Iā€™d prefer White shirtsā€¦ Grey is such an ugly color.[/QUOTE]

I personally feel white will not have the same lasting effect that a gray shirt will have. There are tons of white tee shirts out there, and I imagine most people canā€™t tell you what was on a white tee shirt 2 hours after they saw it.

Understand, thatā€™s my personal OPINION and I am not being critical of any other suggestions.

I'd deffinitely like to throw together some ideas. Ill have "Charlotte49erfootball.com" and "Bring football to Charlotte" unless anybody can think of a better slogan or motto or whatever.

I think that sounds goodā€¦ one on front and one on back

I'd deffinitely like to throw together some ideas. Ill have "Charlotte49erfootball.com" and "Bring football to Charlotte" unless anybody can think of a better slogan or motto or whatever.

Instead of ā€œBring football to Charlotte,ā€ can we please use ā€œBring college football to Charlotte?ā€ ā€¦ as in the town?

That way not only does it show support for our university, but it makes the issue bigger than just a school-specific one. It makes it more of a community issue and concern. We definitely need to broaden this movement and make it a larger issue for all of the citizens who live around here and can benefit from being able to actually see a real college football game without having to leave town. More people would relate to it and share concern, if it were for the city not just the universityā€¦ just my opinion.

ā€¦wrong thread

Instead of "Bring football to Charlotte," can we please use "Bring college football to Charlotte?" ... as in the town?

That way not only does it show support for our university, but it makes the issue bigger than just a school-specific one. It makes it more of a community issue and concern. We definitely need to broaden this movement and make it a larger issue for all of the citizens who live around here and can benefit from being able to actually see a real college football game without having to leave town. More people would relate to it and share concern, if it were for the city not just the universityā€¦ just my opinion.

Agreed. We could do a ā€œBring Football to UNC Charlotteā€ but we need to make this a part of the community as much as possible. ā€œBring College Football to Charlotteā€ sounds good. But on the other hand, we want to make it clear that this campaign is about bringing football to UNC Charlotte. Do you guys think ā€œBring College Football to Charlotteā€ will be clear enough, as to distinguish us from Queens, JC Smith, Johnson & Wales, etc?

[QUOTE=gotLutz;179676]Agreed. We could do a ā€œBring Football to UNC Charlotteā€ but we need to make this a part of the community as much as possible. ā€œBring College Football to Charlotteā€ sounds good. Although do you guys think this will be clear, as to distinguish us from Queens, JC Smith, Johnson & Wales, etc?[/QUOTE]

I think itā€™ll be clear from the website address.

Johnson & Wales Fightinā€™ Chefs?