49er Football T-Shirts

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;179660]Instead of ā€œBring football to Charlotte,ā€ can we please use ā€œBring college football to Charlotte?ā€ ā€¦ as in the town?

That way not only does it show support for our university, but it makes the issue bigger than just a school-specific one. It makes it more of a [I][B]community issue[/B][/I] and concern. We definitely need to broaden this movement and make it a larger issue for all of the citizens who live around here and can benefit from being able to actually see a real college football game without having to leave town. More people would relate to it and share concern, if it were for the city not just the universityā€¦ just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

BINGO! Excellent Point.

Getting the city/metro area interested in 49er sports has been the basis for quite a few of my posts on this board.

Can we get the shirts in silk for the pimps and playas?

[QUOTE=Savio;179680]Can we get the shirts in silk for the pimps and playas?[/QUOTE]
Iā€™m just picturing how incredibly horrible this shirt would look. :wow:

JCSU plays college football in Charlotte. We also have the Muffler Bowl here.

/just saying

I designed this, it is vector based, so it will make for a full-scale graphic which can be used on t-shirts.

I designed this, it is vector based, so it will make for a full-scale graphic which can be used on t-shirts.

I LOVE THAT!!! THAT is PERFECT!!!

It would be really cool if you could one for the back that says, ā€œBring College Football to Charlotte!ā€

thatā€™s powerful stuff.

It was my fraternity that sold the shirts. We couldnā€™t use any logos without paying for the rights. We had them printed for around $2 each, and they still sell them every year at $10 each to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy. The most recent version has a back with a photo of a ā€œghost teamā€ with the caption that says ā€œUndefeated since 1947ā€

It was my fraternity that sold the shirts. We couldn't use any logos without paying for the rights. We had them printed for around $2 each, and they still sell them every year at $10 each to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy. The most recent version has a back with a photo of a "ghost team" with the caption that says "Undefeated since 1947"

That sounds greatā€¦ Thanks for keeping the good fight.

By the way, did your fraternity ever try selling them at basketball games?

That sounds great... Thanks for keeping the good fight.

By the way, did your fraternity ever try selling them at basketball games?

If I remember correctly, they wouldnā€™t let us. I am pretty sure we tried, though. We sold out the first morning we had them, and had to order more. Some people didnā€™t appreciate it, most of them were athletes with the ā€œsupport our sports firstā€ argument, which was kind of irritating because we already did. The general feedback from the students was awesome, and everybody wanted it. It even came up in the SGA elections that year, so there is talk of it amongst students. It just takes a ton of effort to energize them into doing something. Most are apathetic.

You would need to talk to the people in the Ath Department before you set anything up, and I can almost guarantee they would say no to anything that is in the building during games. You need permission from facilities management to put up a table on campus, and student orgs can only do it twice a semester to raise money, and they have to be in specific areas. When school starts up again, I can help out with thisā€¦ The AD really doesnā€™t like the idea, it seems like.

Thats goodā€¦donā€™t you think it would look better with the 49er helmet in the middle though?

ok here are some ideas i had. i just threw them together. not sure what yaā€™ll are looking for. sorry about the sizeā€¦

oh and i saw the thing about ā€œbring COLLEGE football to charlotte.ā€ i made these last night but we can add the word ā€˜collegeā€™ if you like these designs.
C49er said not to make it like a nascar shirt. I thought this looked pretty nice. something everyone could wear.
and for Over40ā€¦

The AD really doesn't like the idea, it seems like.

Surpriseā€¦

Thanks for offering all of your help. I have PMā€™d the main organizers with your name, the details of your post, and where to find it.

Iā€™m sure they will see your posts anyway.

It has been mentioned a few times that greeks should definitely be involved, and I definitely agree. This would be great if we could bring this together.

[QUOTE=Noreaster;179739]If I remember correctly, they wouldnā€™t let us. I am pretty sure we tried, though. We sold out the first morning we had them, and had to order more. Some people didnā€™t appreciate it, most of them were athletes with the ā€œsupport our sports firstā€ argument, which was kind of irritating because we already did. The general feedback from the students was awesome, and everybody wanted it. It even came up in the SGA elections that year, so there is talk of it amongst students. It just takes a ton of effort to energize them into doing something. Most are apathetic.
[/QUOTE]
Concerning selling on campusā€¦yes, thatā€™s going to be tough to do legit. Itā€™s all because of the compete rules set up for the bookstore (Barnes and Noble). I think weā€™ll be fine with all other obstacles - logos, athletic department, etc.

I like the one that says bring football to charlotte, with the helmetā€¦but wouldnā€™t that classify as using the logo, and therefore weā€™d have to pay for the use? butā€¦if we didā€¦those helmets would convince a lot of people that itā€™s not just some jokeā€¦they would look a lot more ā€¦not cheap. i wouldnt put please donate on themā€¦sounds desperate. just say bring football to charlotteā€¦something like thatā€¦and give the link to the website.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;179744]I like the one that says bring football to charlotte, with the helmetā€¦but wouldnā€™t that classify as using the logo, and therefore weā€™d have to pay for the use? butā€¦if we didā€¦those helmets would convince a lot of people that itā€™s not just some jokeā€¦they would look a lot more ā€¦not cheap. i wouldnt put please donate on themā€¦sounds desperate. just say bring football to charlotteā€¦something like thatā€¦and give the link to the website.[/QUOTE]
Agree with the ā€œdonateā€ part. I agree with all of it actually.

Concerning selling on campus...yes, that's going to be tough to do legit. It's all because of the compete rules set up for the bookstore (Barnes and Noble). I think we'll be fine with all other obstacles - logos, athletic department, etc.

Well, then why not sell them at the Flying Saucer on busy nights? Or, Picassoā€™s when there are away games to watch? Oā€™Charleyā€™s before, during, after the coachā€™s show? (well, maybe that would be pushing it) But, the owners of those establishments probably wouldnā€™t care.

I designed the one I did, the way I did, so as to not use the school logo. Also, I highly doubt anyone has a vector based, or bitmap based version of the helmet that is high enough quality that could be made into a T-Shirt without looking like butt.

If someone has a high quality version, and wants to pay for the rights to use the logo, I say go for it. But permission still has to be granted, and seeing as how the school is none too keen on pushing football, Im going to have to say they would be none too helpful in logo usage for pro-football tshirts.

Just my 2 cents, which is why I designed what I did, how I did.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;179750]I designed the one I did, the way I did, so as to not use the school logo. Also, I highly doubt anyone has a vector based, or bitmap based version of the helmet that is high enough quality that could be made into a T-Shirt without looking like butt.

If someone has a high quality version, and wants to pay for the rights to use the logo, I say go for it. But permission still has to be granted, and seeing as how the school is none too keen on pushing football, Im going to have to say they would be none too helpful in logo usage for pro-football tshirts.

Just my 2 cents, which is why I designed what I did, how I did.[/QUOTE]
Central, youā€™re probably very right. Itā€™s probably safer and less hassle to avoid the logos.

Just another idea of a shirt without any school logos.