49ers Powerdecal Auto Lights

I was watching “Shark Tank” the other night, and they did an update of a product featured on the first season of the show. It’s Powedecal - a backlit auto decal. It turns on and off automatically. I thought it looked pretty nice, and they mentioned that over 200 colleges were represented. I checked the website, thinking that if 200 schools are there, we have to be in the mix, right? Not so. So, I e-mailed the Powerdecal people asking what it would take to get Charlotte included. I ended up getting a response from the distributor asking about what sort of interest there would be. Here’s the e-mail they sent:

[font=verdana][size=10pt]Thank you very much for your interest and inquiry. Brite Lite Logos is the largest distributor of the Powerdecal line of products in the U.S. Your inquiry was sent to us for follow up and we’d love to have UNC Charlotte aboard! My fiance is also an Alum and she has told me time and time again to get this done! There is a licensing process through collegiate licensing channels we normally go through to obtain licensing rights to use the school logos/mascots and we have to pay a fee and do all the paperwork so sometime it takes a few weeks–Not every school falls under this umbrella and we are checking on UNC Charlotte at this time. If it isn’t under the umbrella, we will have to go direct to the school to obtain the rights to use on our product lines. If this turns out to be the case, maybe you could put us in touch with the proper parties to make this happen. This product is being used all over the country as a tremendous fundraising tool for Alumni Associations and if interested in doing this we will be happy to get you pricing. Since there are costs involved upfront the licensing authority usually wants an estimate of what to expect for production on the first run of product. Maybe you could do a “straw” pole of sorts with the alumni association and get us a rough estimate of the numbers you would anticipate moving through the school and alumni association. Thank you once again and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Go 49ers!!!

So I thought I’d post this here… anyone interested? Anyone have any idea what sort of run we’d purchase? I haven’t sent them a link here yet, but if there’s a response, I will.

Here’s their site:

http://www.powerdecal.com/
[/size][/font]
I know I’d be in for one. Of course, we’d need many, many more than that for them to be interested.

I can most def see a few places on the Normbulance for these!!!

When I first saw that shark tank I looked at their website and we were not on there. I emailed them as well and explained that football was coming and this would be a great product blah blah blah. Never heard anything though. Glad you got a response. Congrats!!

I would definitely get one. This solves my tinted back SUV window problem, because as it is you almost cannot see my Football2013 sticker.

GAH!

http://www.powerdecal.com/appalachian-state-powerdecal-power-decal-124-prd1.htm

I would buy one. AND, it is really annoying that App. St. and ECU merch is far more prevelant than Charlotte! Ugh.

i blame lutz and major

clt just bought one.

[quote=“cltniners, post:8, topic:26394”]clt just bought one.[/quote]That’s weak. Eason just bought the company.

I’d buy atleast 1.

I’d get one!

He would want to get in contact with someone from the AD(marketing will get him to the right person) they’ll connect him to the university licensing person, for our XC meet we had a t-shirt vendor go through the process and there are a few ways to go about it. If it is fundraising they’ll have a one time fee like $100 for application process and be able to use our logo but a certain % of sales goes to AD or university in our case it went back to XC, if someone is selling the product with our logo then the university gets a certain % back from each sale i think 8%, simplest thing to do might be to connect with the book store and see if they would carry it, then a lot of hurdles may be avoided…they get vendors to put our logo on all types of stuff and if lots of people think its a good sell then the book store should carry it!

I thought The Collegiate Licensing Company was the contact for any company wanting to commercially use our logos.

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/institutionprofile.html?open&ucode=NOCCHA

[quote=“Nugget, post:12, topic:26394”]I thought The Collegiate Licensing Company was the contact for any company wanting to commercially use our logos.

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/institutionprofile.html?open&ucode=NOCCHA[/quote]

I’ll have to go back through my emails and figure out what all they had to do, but it was a really quick process

[quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:13, topic:26394”][quote=“Nugget, post:12, topic:26394”]I thought The Collegiate Licensing Company was the contact for any company wanting to commercially use our logos.

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/institutionprofile.html?open&ucode=NOCCHA[/quote]

I’ll have to go back through my emails and figure out what all they had to do, but it was a really quick process[/quote]
i think Chartwells and Barnes and Noble have to sign off.

clt wants two things:

the great unc charlotte athletic logo and a nice robin’s egg blue.

I would buy multiple of these

I would ask someone to buy one for me.

All right, who do I need to get this guy in contact with? I asked for pricing info for alumni associations, and just received this e-mail:

[font=Verdana][size=10pt]
National MSRP is $24.95 to $29.99. We generally sell direct to Alumni associations for $17.00 each…Logo looks great! Let me know or contact me if you need additional info.[/size][/font]

Anybody know a contact within the alumni association that’ll get this done?

So sad we have to do stuff like this on our own. Nice job SF4Nynah!

I would buy a couple of these. Good to get fresh Niner gear on the car.