49ers Powerdecal Auto Lights

And the latest e-mail:

[font=verdana][size=10pt][i]Once demand is there and request is made for initial order(s), they will be in the line up for Powerdecal. The licensing has already been obtained so that is great news! I would think these will be available very soon. I think since weā€™ve had the interest I could probably get these run for an initial order of 48 units if we can stir up enough interest in the product there at UNC Charlotte. They wouldnā€™t fulfill a 1-off order at this time due to printing costs and start up as well as minimums from the printer to do a run of lenses for the units but hang in there it looks like UNC Charlotte 49ers are on the radar!!

[/i][/size][/font]So do we have demand for at least 48 of these? 49erFanatics.com perhaps? I wish there was someone ā€œofficialā€ that could take over at this point. I mean, Iā€™m not personally able to purchase 50 of these, and truth be told, I think weā€™d be able to sell plenty more than that.

Iā€™ll buy one.

Iā€™ll officially buy 2. I just need to know where and when to purchase them online.

I would buy 2.

I want one. Other than an outside sticker, this is the only device it seems that would work with tinted glass.

i want at least two

Iā€™d get one.

Just fired off some more e-mail to folks at the alumni association sending them the last e-mail I received and a link to this thread - showing that if we do an initial run of 48, at least half of those are already spoken for. I donā€™t think weā€™d have any trouble at all moving these if we did a small run.

Yeah, but weā€™re just spending ā€œfantasyā€ dollars hereā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

I will need at least 1. That will make it [size=3]49[/size]. :smiley:

Yeah, but weā€™re just spending ā€œfantasyā€ dollars hereā€¦ :p[/quote]

Add my fantasy dollars!! I WANT ONE NOW!!!

clt asks if these devices are FAA approved.

I e-mailed the alumni association people, and they said Nick, our director of marketing would be the best contact. I e-mailed him, and he says our Collegiate Licensing Company is the best contact. Everyone I e-mail wants to send this to someone about licensingā€¦ but thatā€™s already done and these are ready to produce. They just need an initial minimum order of 48. Weā€™re not trying to get these licensed, we just need someone from the school to sign the purchase order.

This is a reason why we have no gear out there. Jr High marketing at its best.

I am in.

Why do you feel the need to insult Jr. High Schools?

[quote=ā€œSF4Nynah, post:33, topic:26394ā€]I e-mailed the alumni association people, and they said Nick, our director of marketing would be the best contact. I e-mailed him, and he says our Collegiate Licensing Company is the best contact. Everyone I e-mail wants to send this to someone about licensingā€¦ but thatā€™s already done and these are ready to produce. They just need an initial minimum order of 48. Weā€™re not trying to get these licensed, we just need someone from the school to sign the purchase order.[/quote]SF4, I appreciate all you are doing and l want one of these, but you are trying to get organizations that are not in the merchandising business to buy, stock, and sell these. I am not surprised that they are punting. The best bet is for the bookstore, 49erFanatics.com, or the company that makes them to sell them on their website. Maybe 49erFanatics.com would take pre-paid, pre-orders for them? That would eliminate their risk and I would get one.

SF4, I appreciate all you are doing and l want one of these, but you are trying to get organizations that are not in the merchandising business to buy, stock, and sell these. I am not surprised that they are punting. The best bet is for the bookstore, 49erFanatics.com, or the company that makes them to sell them on their website. Maybe 49erFanatics.com would take pre-paid, pre-orders for them? That would eliminate their risk and I would get one.[/quote]

Good work SF4Nynah. I would agree that the best options are the oneā€™s Nugget listed. I would purchase at least 1.

Yeah, I definitely get that the folks Iā€™m dealing with arenā€™t in the business of actually selling them, and that theyā€™re really not the right ones to contact at all. I mean, I know Iā€™m talking to the wrong people, but thatā€™s who Iā€™m being sent to. I just started with the Alumni Association because the Powerdecal guy told me he does lots of alumni association fundraisers with these, and that would be a good place to start. From their though, the alumni guys sent me to deal to Nick and so on.

I think the prepaid preorder from 49erFanatics sounds like a good idea if the Powerdecal guy will do it. he said that once we get that initial production order, theyā€™ll be available on their website. Any chance 49erfanatics can contact this guy? His info is in the thread here.

Hopefully if 49erfanatics is interested, they would cut Nick a deal. If not the $25 could jump to $30(or whatever margin). 49erfanatics needs to make a profit too.