49ers Powerdecal Auto Lights

Try to get in touch with 49ergirl that posts all the young alumni meetings here on the board. Maybe she could get the young alumni to back the initial order as it sounds like the purchase cost would be less for an alumni related group than a vendor such as 49erfanatics.

Just had a chance to skim through this thread. Iā€™d be happy to help out if that is what is needed. 48 is a fairly reasonable minimum order but cds is right. If they sell them to alumni associations for $17, thatā€™s probably not what Iā€™d get them for. And yes, Iā€™d need to mark them up to cover overhead, etc. I would try to keep the price as reasonable as possible, which is always the case.

Count me in on 1ā€¦ Those things are badass

All rightā€¦ anyone have a good contact with the alumni association? Like I said, I e-mailed four of them (plus the main contact number) and havenā€™t heard from anyone.

[quote=ā€œ49erAlumnus, post:42, topic:26394ā€]Just had a chance to skim through this thread. Iā€™d be happy to help out if that is what is needed. 48 is a fairly reasonable minimum order but cds is right. If they sell them to alumni associations for $17, thatā€™s probably not what Iā€™d get them for. And yes, Iā€™d need to mark them up to cover overhead, etc. I would try to keep the price as reasonable as possible, which is always the case.[/quote]I donā€™t see why 49erFanatics doesnā€™t qualify as an alumni organization. :smiley:

I will bring this up to some people and see what our options are. I like them! The idea of using them as a fundraiser is good too.

I will bring this up to some people and see what our options are. I like them! The idea of using them as a fundraiser is good too.
[/quote]

That was my thinking as well.

Iā€™m guessing these went nowhere. Iā€™ve got one on my car (Pittsburgh pirates) and Iā€™ve never seen another one.
great conversation starter. I get stopped at lights on occasion by people asking about it.

I sent power decal an email and they said it was a licensing issue with Charlotte. Does anybody know a Charlotte insider that can help here?

Iā€™d love to add a Charlotte one to my automobile.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:48, topic:26394ā€]Iā€™m guessing these went nowhere. Iā€™ve got one on my car (Pittsburgh pirates) and Iā€™ve never seen another one.
great conversation starter. I get stopped at lights on occasion by people asking about it.

I sent power decal an email and they said it was a licensing issue with Charlotte. Does anybody know a Charlotte insider that can help here?

Iā€™d love to add a Charlotte one to my automobile.[/quote]

They are on either Amazon or eBay for $30. I saw them recently

[quote=ā€œdonkeyjaws, post:49, topic:26394ā€][quote=ā€œTintin, post:48, topic:26394ā€]Iā€™m guessing these went nowhere. Iā€™ve got one on my car (Pittsburgh pirates) and Iā€™ve never seen another one.

They are on either Amazon or eBay for $30. I saw them recently[/quote]

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpowerdecal+charlotte&_nkw=powerdecal+charlotte&_sacat=0

Donkeyjaws, can you see them through the dark-tinted glass on the back of an SUV, and does the light bother you when you are driving at night?

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:50, topic:26394ā€][quote=ā€œdonkeyjaws, post:49, topic:26394ā€][quote=ā€œTintin, post:48, topic:26394ā€]Iā€™m guessing these went nowhere. Iā€™ve got one on my car (Pittsburgh pirates) and Iā€™ve never seen another one.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpowerdecal+charlotte&_nkw=powerdecal+charlotte&_sacat=0

Donkeyjaws, can you see them through the dark-tinted glass on the back of an SUV, and does the light bother you when you are driving at night?[/quote]

I canā€™t tell mine is there. Itā€™s a very soft light. This is a really cool product.
I might call the distributor today and see if they will sell them to me wholesale. Would anyone on the board be interested if I did this?

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:51, topic:26394ā€][quote=ā€œNugget, post:50, topic:26394ā€][quote=ā€œdonkeyjaws, post:49, topic:26394ā€][quote=ā€œTintin, post:48, topic:26394ā€]Iā€™m guessing these went nowhere. Iā€™ve got one on my car (Pittsburgh pirates) and Iā€™ve never seen another one.

Donkeyjaws, can you see them through the dark-tinted glass on the back of an SUV, and does the light bother you when you are driving at night?[/quote]

I canā€™t tell mine is there. Itā€™s a very soft light. This is a really cool product.
I might call the distributor today and see if they will sell them to me wholesale. Would anyone on the board be interested if I did this?[/quote]

YES

Iā€™d be in. Since the company promotes using these as a fundraiser, I would imagine there is some sort of bulk discount. Charlotte isnā€™t on the Powerdecal site, so I wonder if this isnā€™t some kind of custom deal (they do custom ones). Why the eBay one $30 though and the ones on the Powerdecal site are $20 (with $4 shipping?

Iā€™d be in.

I picked up the one on Amazon (along with a Chicago Cubs one), and Iā€™m pretty happy with them. Runs off of 3 AA batteries, and only lights up at night when the car is in motion. Theyā€™re brighter/more clear than the picture conveys (and the lines there are my rear window (non tinted, by the way)ā€¦ not the decal of course).

clt endorses you. The cubs are loaded with young talent.

Welcome to my world: 49ers, Cubs, and the Panthers. All three gave me heartburn until recently. Now I have football, a plethora of young talent, and a team that was damn good last year. Plus, W&M is going to be good this year. Things are looking up in the sportā€™s world for me.

Welcome to my world: 49ers, Cubs, and the Panthers. All three gave me heartburn until recently. Now I have football, a plethora of young talent, and a team that was damn good last year. Plus, W&M is going to be good this year. Things are looking up in the sportā€™s world for me.[/quote]Good to know weā€™re not alone here, Iā€™m a fan of all 3 of those as well.

Hereā€™s to more Baez bombs while we wait for the rest of the bats to join them in Wrigley.

Welcome to my world: 49ers, Cubs, and the Panthers. All three gave me heartburn until recently. Now I have football, a plethora of young talent, and a team that was damn good last year. Plus, W&M is going to be good this year. Things are looking up in the sportā€™s world for me.[/quote]Good to know weā€™re not alone here, Iā€™m a fan of all 3 of those as well.

Hereā€™s to more Baez bombs while we wait for the rest of the bats to join them in Wrigley.[/quote]

Cheers; letā€™s hope Edwards lives up to the billing and we can buy some other arms. If so, I think weā€™re sitting pretty.

Hereā€™s to more Baez bombs while we wait for the rest of the bats to join them in Wrigley.[/quote]

Cheers; letā€™s hope Edwards lives up to the billing and we can buy some other arms. If so, I think weā€™re sitting pretty.[/quote]I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Lester is a Cub next year.

This guy is a great follow on twitter for Cubs fans: https://twitter.com/bleachernation

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic.