49ers Radio deal article on BizJournal

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;188155]Actually Signature Sports PAYS the school for the media rights. The school doesnā€™t pay them. So your comments are hilarious, actually. -Lefty

Wow. Then maybe you need to go see a funny movie or go to a comedy club if thatā€™s the caseā€¦you sound starved for real humor (now Iā€™m laughing). I doubt anyone else is rolling arouind on the floor laughingā€¦ besides youā€¦ nor do they care. Mine was just an outsider(of athletic department) observation.

No more bobbleheads. 49er Pride Rewards system is in place for this year. I canā€™t locate the link right now. Basically free gear and discounts season ticket holders and students who attend games.[/QUOTE]-Lefty

Nice to see something different.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;188139]Yeah, but I was referring to [I]this[/I] year, not last. Correct me if I am wrong, but so far we have ONE, thats [B]ONE (1)[/B], televised game this year! :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Definitely not getting the national games like last year but there will be a local TV package of some sort. It will carry the games broadcast by CSTV and most likely produce some games itself like in years past. Remember the Jageler/Cornbread crew? :doh: Last year it was Gwill and Lane Odom.

[QUOTE=casstommy;188159]Neverā€¦EVERā€¦talk bad about the bobble headsā€¦

What would you like them to give awayā€¦money?

I hate that they are not doing them anymoreā€¦I would LOVE a Withers bobble!!![/QUOTE]

WORD. Bring back the bobbleheads!!!

Itā€™s officialā€¦Iā€™m talking bad about the Bobble Headsā€¦so there. Seriously, I have them all. Letā€™s try something new. Maybe Niner Pepsi or Niner Green ketchupā€¦maybe Niner Green Velveeta Shells and Cheeze. Put on the thinking capā€¦think outside the box.

[QUOTE=max;188182]Itā€™s officialā€¦Iā€™m talking bad about the Bobble Headsā€¦so there. Seriously, I have them all. Letā€™s try something new. Maybe Niner Pepsi or Niner Green ketchupā€¦maybe Niner Green Velveeta Shells and Cheeze. Put on the thinking capā€¦think outside the box.[/QUOTE]

Do we even have a " box " to go outside of??

and then the local package [b]on PBS[/b].

Thanks for helping me make my point about our TV options. Yeah, I knowā€¦they did a good jobā€¦thank you to them for the dealā€¦we could be worse offā€¦ blah, blah, blah

Thanks for helping me make my point about our TV options. Yeah, I know...they did a good job...thank you to them for the deal...we could be worse off... blah, blah, blah

I think that there are two reasons for wanting to be on TV, radio and just in general be accessible. One is to give current fans of the program a way to continually follow the program. The other is to try and win over and bring in new fans to the program. Those PBS broadcasts probably werenā€™t known about by many more people than the ones on this forumā€¦

I think that there are two reasons for wanting to be on TV, radio and just in general be accessible. One is to give current fans of the program a way to continually follow the program. The other is to try and win over and bring in new fans to the program. Those PBS broadcasts probably weren't known about by many more people than the ones on this forum...

I think a 3rd reason is that you also want to expose your product to a national audience which in turn, helps with recruiting. Letā€™s face it, kids want their talents showcased on TV. And I can assure that most would rather be seen on the station that starts with the 3rd letter of the alphabet and not the 16th.

Wishful thinking right now though.

As for your other two reasons, you can probably only make a case for the first one. As you mentioned, the majority of the casual fans had no clue we were on PBS. And the ones that did found humor in it. Letā€™s face it, when youā€™re on the same station known for Sesame Street, itā€™s a little tough to be doing cartwheels over your TV package.

[QUOTE=ninermac;188103]Iā€™m in Marshvilleā€¦ so, Iā€™m lucky to get 610.[/QUOTE]

Home of Randy Travis!

[QUOTE=jcl49er;188289]And I can assure that most would rather be seen on the station that starts with the 3rd letter of the alphabetā€¦[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.nateshake.com/blog/wp-content/Brought_to_You_by_the_Letter_C_Sesame_Street.jpg[/IMG]

HAHAā€¦perfect. :lmao::grin:

I think a 3rd reason is that you also want to expose your product to a national audience which in turn, helps with recruiting. Let's face it, kids want their talents showcased on TV. And I can assure that most would rather be seen on the station that starts with the 3rd letter of the alphabet and not the 16th.

Wishful thinking right now though.

As for your other two reasons, you can probably only make a case for the first one. As you mentioned, the majority of the casual fans had no clue we were on PBS. And the ones that did found humor in it. Letā€™s face it, when youā€™re on the same station known for Sesame Street, itā€™s a little tough to be doing cartwheels over your TV package.

Exactly, the PBS solution only tries to maintain current fans, nothing else really comes out of that type of a TV package. Iā€™m glad it was there, but I hope we upgrade to something else. The third reason you added is one we donā€™t have as much direct control over, but it is just as important.

The third reason you added is one we don't have as much direct control over, but it is just as important.

I donā€™t disagree with that. However, your conference, your scheduled opponents and your track record of success/failure can definitely play a part. And unfortunately, the 3rd of those is really the only thing we seem to be able to dictate. The A-10 isnā€™t gonna get the nationally televised game packages that the premier conferences are gonna get. And weā€™re obviously not gonna be getting too many games against UK, UNC, UCONN, etc. which draw the big networks. So, that pretty much leaves us with having to become a team that earns exposure by what we do on the court.

Makes me sad each year to learn we are an AM school. So many high school teams manage to get FM coverage. Seems we remain a 40 Watt bulb in a 100 Watt world of college sports. Some living in charlotte cant pick up the radio broadcast (pititful). We should at least reach out 150 miles. We have a lot of friends out there who may come visit if they get interested in what they are hearing. Guess its good to remain the best kept secret in NC. NO reflection on the radio station or announcers. I think its a nice station with great announcers ā€¦just our market reaches out a little further than Carowinds.

[QUOTE=R49er;188325]Makes me sad each year to learn we are an AM school. So many high school teams manage to get FM coverage. Seems we remain a 40 Watt bulb in a 100 Watt world of college sports. Some living in charlotte cant pick up the radio broadcast (pititful). We should at least reach out 150 miles. We have a lot of friends out there who may come visit if they get interested in what they are hearing. Guess its good to remain the best kept secret in NC. NO reflection on the radio station or announcers. I think its a nice station with great announcers ā€¦just our market reaches out a little further than Carowinds.[/QUOTE]
Quoted for truth!

Pitiful that App State can get their basketball games broadcast locally on a High Point station (WBLO, 790 the Ball) and this is the best we can do.

[QUOTE=max;188147]We needed Signature Sports to ā€œnegotiateā€ this deal? Thatā€™s hilarious. Are we actually paying for this? I hope not.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;188155]Actually Signature Sports PAYS the school for the media rights. The school doesnā€™t pay them. So your comments are hilarious, actually. [/QUOTE]

Man that is HILARIOUS!! The advertising firm PAYS the school to advertise for them!

[center]:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
[/center]

I dont think youre getting your moneys worth.

Now youā€™ve got it. Then they sell advertising, corporate sponsorships, and put together deals like the one that got us a half million video scorboard at no cost to the university (RBC Centura), etc. If they sell more than they paid for the media rights, guess what that equals. Itā€™s called a profit. Major incentive, donā€™t you think.

Point of referenceā€¦

WFNZ Daytime Transmitter Power: 5000 Watts
WFNA Daytime Transmitter Power - 10000 Watts

WFNZ Nighttime Transmitter Power: 1000 Watts
WFNA Nighttime Transmitter Power - 1000 Watts

WFNZ Daytime Coverage:

WFNA Daytime Coverage:

WFNZ Nighttime Coverage:

WFNA Nighttime Coverage:

To me there appears to be less nighttime coverage here. :unhappy:

I am 99% sure I read every post in this thread and there was not one mention of the Tar Heels moving to FNZ. Iā€™m shocked.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;188400]I am 99% sure I read every post in this thread and there was not one mention of the Tar Heels moving to FNZ. Iā€™m shocked.[/QUOTE]

We didnā€™t want to be accused of being ā€œobsessedā€ with the tar holes.