49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Should college soccer should start having TIE-breakers as a way to have fewer DRAWS?[/quote] When they reach the knock-out stage, matches are decided by P.K.

Should college soccer should start having TIE-breakers as a way to have fewer DRAWS?[/quote] When they reach the knock-out stage, matches are decided by P.K.[/quote]

Yes. When a playoff game ends in a DRAW, they use P.K.s to break the TIE.
:slight_smile:

RPI is not the same and the Top Drawer ranking mentioned was about an individual player, not the team.

solid win tonight vs. UAB. 5-0. A friend and I were trying to watch it on the laptop while watching football game on TV. Somehow, we missed all 5 goals being scored. This team is good.

[quote=“austinniner, post:2864, topic:25684”]solid win tonight vs. UAB. 5-0. A friend and I were trying to watch it on the laptop while watching football game on TV. Somehow, we missed all 5 goals being scored. This team is good.[/quote] One fantastic strike for the first goal. The other 4 were just horrible play by UAB. Two penalties and two giveaways by their back line.
We can play better.

Our defense is superior.

Postgame and highlights against UAB:

Another solid defensive performance to get the three points! Hope for the same all on Wednesday!

climbing one more spot to #8:

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1

RPI is 10th. On another not Clemson RPI is 1. Hope we can close out the season strong and pick up some more spots. If we were in the ACC we would be top 5 which I don’t get.

Yes, you do.

Was there a post here about 49er scarves recently? Maybe a give-away at a soccer game? Christmas is coming and Mrs Nugget is a scarf kind of girl. I might want to order one.

Great job tonight despite conceding a goal this match! Happy with 3 points and hope we continue to progress as the season goes on (realize that we play weaker opponents)!

Was at the game. We scored the first one early. Then had a few questionable calls/no calls go against us and lost our rhythm and conceded the equalizer. Could have easily given up on the road but we kept it together and scored the winner off a free kick with 14 minutes to go. Great win on the road,

Also the USC student section was great and I wish our school support could match it.

Was at the game. We scored the first one early. Then had a few questionable calls/no calls go against us and lost our rhythm and conceded the equalizer. Could have easily given up on the road but we kept it together and scored the winner off a free kick with 14 minutes to go. Great win on the road,

Also the USC student section was great and I wish our school support could match it.[/quote]

That stinks man. Our students used to absolutely bring it for soccer games.

Nice to be able to sit closer to the action than we can at home. Gamecocks really folded up the tent after our second goal which is shameful when playing in front of your home fans.

We will now finish first in CUSA and get the bye in the conference tournament if we take care of these last two lesser sides. RPI is going to suffer, though.

They had a good student turnout, but those people know nothing about soccer and whined like little bitches.

College Soccer News has come out with a bracket prediction. As of Tuesday it has us as the #8 overall seed.

Other Notes:
Has South Carolina winning the CUSA automatic bid
Kentucky as the #10 overall seed
UNC-CH #9 overall seed, so if everything played out we’d host them in the 3rd round.

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/index.php/articles/990-college-soccer-new-s-bacteriologist-updates-projections-of-the-2016-ncaa-tournament-field

I dont want to have anything to do with them. I have gone from wanting to beat them to just not wanting to play them. We never get a fair shake against them in any sport.

[quote=“Andy9911, post:2876, topic:25684”]College Soccer News has come out with a bracket prediction. As of Tuesday it has us as the #8 overall seed.

Other Notes:
Has South Carolina winning the CUSA automatic bid
Kentucky as the #10 overall seed
UNC-CH #9 overall seed, so if everything played out we’d host them in the 3rd round.

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/index.php/articles/990-college-soccer-new-s-bacteriologist-updates-projections-of-the-2016-ncaa-tournament-field[/quote] I’d like us to be seeded that high. Not that we don’t deserve it, but I doubt that will happen. I also doubt Cheat will be seeded that low.

I dont want to have anything to do with them. I have gone from wanting to beat them to just not wanting to play them. We never get a fair shake against them in any sport.[/quote]

THIS by God^^^

Still looking good for a conference first round tournament bye. Big 4-0 win on Saturday to impress the selection committee. :slight_smile: