49ers Tip-Off Classic: vs ECU 11/27; vs Belmont Abbey - cancelled

Gardner is good for a horrible team. And if heā€™s the best player in the AAC then Iā€™m the queen of England. Heā€™s still a 6ā€™4 big man, I donā€™t care what your roster lists his height as.

He should grad transfer to a place where his contributions will matter.

Hello queen. Thatā€™s not just me, he was one of only 2 unanimous All Conference 1st team preseason picks (Mills was the other) . Even nearly all the people on the AAC board agree that Gardner was already the best player in the conference LAST year.
https://csnbbs.com/thread-910939.html

Even this Houston idiot ranks Gardner over Mills and #2 behind Yetna who missed all last season and that was before Yetna played 12 minutes and still looked hurt in USFā€™s first game of the season.

Gardner destroyed your team last year, and most of their teams too. Thatā€™s why they put respect on his name seems like you would rememberā€¦ Newton is right there with him too.

These are the highest ranked players returning statistically this year.

by Player Efficiency Rating in conference only

1ā€¦22.4 Jayden Gardner ECU
2ā€¦19.6 Tristen Newton ECU
3ā€¦19.3 Kendric Davis SMU
4ā€¦18.9 Keith Williams Cincinnati
5ā€¦18.2 Caleb Mills Houston

In Win Shares conference only

1ā€¦2.2ā€¦Kendric Davis SMU
2ā€¦2.1ā€¦Keith Williams Cincinnati
3ā€¦2.0ā€¦Jayden Gardner ECU
4ā€¦1.9ā€¦Justin Brown USF
5ā€¦1.8ā€¦Tristen Newton ECU

They are legit studs. It almost takes talent as a coach to be as bad as we were with elite players like that who were the two most efficient scorers even with no shooting or space around them. Mills who was ranked #1 by most of the idiot rags is had a .480 True Shooting in conference, Gardner was .530 and Newton was .556.

Elite players??? Good one

Did you watch the guy, his efficient 23 points vs you guys was just an average night for him. He had 29 points and 19 rebounds on a ranked Houston last year and 35 points and 20 rebounds on a ranked UCF. These are some of the most impressive games in college basketball the last decade vs elite teams. The 35 and 20 hadnā€™t happened in like 5 years.

The guy is big time, thatā€™s why the rest of the AAC actually completely agrees heā€™s elite. Heā€™s the best player in one of the best conferences in the nation and he had a top 25 statistical season last year and was just as good in the AAC more effcent than about anyone despite being the focus of the defense every night with not shooting help. Thatā€™s elite.

How does your team by player rank against all other ncaa d1 players in all shooting and defensive categories for Friday day games in November using current to previous 2 years as timeframe?

Yā€™all must really suck then to be projected 9th with the greatest player in the history of basketball

1 Like

Gardner has been great about every night since he got on campus. We can use the full year if you want, I only used AAC conference play because I know how people talk about our crappy OOC schedule which included you guys.

Itā€™s really a moot point, Gardner ripped up the AAC just about as bad as he did you guys or our OOC. His best game all year was vs the best team too. 25.5 PER over all 22.4 PER in AAC play. The difference is you know the AAC is one of the best conferences so itā€™s hard to crap on what either him or Newton did in those 18 games. Plus they were the most recent games the last half of the year and more what I think we can expect to start this one.

Like I said it takes a special coaching talent to lose and be picked near the bottom with what most even picking us there ever admit we have the best player. Thatā€™s what happens when you fail to put any shooting help around the 347th ranked 3 point shooting team that gave them no space.

We squandered him in Newton and it wouldnā€™t shock me if it happens again. People really donā€™t even understand how good Newton is too and how he ended the year on a tear. I donā€™t think he even started vs you guys last year in Dooleyā€™s genius. I donā€™t expect we will shoot much better but if we actually did we could be good with this duo.

Well it appears ECU has the most dominant talent in college basketball and despite expert predictions will win the toughest league in college basketball and no doubt all the ECU basketball fans have their final 4 plans already set. Pretty amazing.

1 Like

So you canā€™t really refute how good Gardner is so you just exaggerate and make up stuff. BTW Iā€™m pretty sure I just admitted multiple times our coaching and supporting cast of role players and their 347th ranked shooting is lame and that I didnā€™t have much expectations of that changing.

Thatā€™s the sad part is that we do have one of the best players in college basketball I think we might end up with one of the best duoā€™s this year and we could completely squander them again. We figured out the tough part of getting the stars but we couldnā€™t figure out we needed to add a couple of proven shooter role players this spring is what is frustrating or we could probably be really good.

Letā€™s go. Having Niner withdrawal!

Sometimes I feel like yā€™all would argue water wasnā€™t wet if he said ecu had the wettest water in the world.

Gardner is a very good player and would be our best player if he was on our team.

1 Like

En1rnlZXYAAmYsT

I actually under sold him, he was the preseason AAC player of the year. I thought it was Mills.

17 minutes played in first half and Anzac checked in before Jared Garcia ā€¦wonder whatā€™s up with that ā€¦ even Threadgill got solid minutes .

Some long 3s being taken early in the shot clock.

At the half, shepherd and young are to be expected and Matos looks like the #3 scorer. Everyone elseā€¦ ???

Yikes. We look rusty. Gotta clean it up on the defensive end.

Threadgill air balled two three pointers - each from a different corner. Hope it is just the first game jitters and not signs he is Tyler Bertram redux.

Anyone else watching the game on YouTube? A pleasant surprise.