49ers vs Tarholes

It was their Sid, not ours, so you could say Tarholes.
And how do you even know who their sid is?

Not that I will go to many games (family duties), but the sightlines outside of the permanent seating are ATROCIOUS - especially if you have a kid with you. There really was no good place to watch the action from anywhere but the seating area - standing/watching on the access road is not a good option at all. Even the hill down the first base line is terrible - can't see over the dugout or around the permanent seating. I know we want to have home and home series with teams like Carolina and Wake, but I thought it was poor judgement on the AD staff to have that game on campus - especially given the opposing team. Not being better prepared for an overflow crowd is inexcusable.

Three other reasons it should not have been on campus besides the sightlines:
1.) Parking
2.) Start Time at 6:00 - most of Corporate America gets off at 5:00, combine that with #1 and general traffic around U-city, and it is a recipe for a disaster
3.) Concessions (only 2 windows with one register each for 3000+ fans).

Having it at Intimidator stadium up in K-town would have been better. (Obviously the “home field advantage” we had hoped for didn’t really go so well last night!). Not that it mattered all that much last night with the a** whooping we took, because my daughter had a great time eating a hot dog (mustard only) and sharing peanuts with her dad at her first baseball game ever! The foul ball that was given to her by another gentleman and his buddy/brother was icing on the cake.

OK, I am going to unleash here…you are dead ass absurd. We just built a Taj Mahal 6m facility and you suggest playing the premiere game away from it?? WTF are you thinking? This stadium holds 3k, and in the past we would get about 1500-2000 when the Tarholes come here. The hill is not meant for viewing anymore like it used to be, the sightlines comment is comical. You play the game at home in hopes of a home field advantage, showing it to the recruits there how awesome environment we have, and giving our fans what they deserve. Ever think to consider it A POSITIVE that we sold the damn thing out instead of BITCHING there weren’t enough seats? Holy shiit your comments are infuriating.

Niner baseball games need to be on campus. Period. What then was the point of spending all that money on the rennovation?

QFT!!

No way jdm. Sorry, I don't care if they had to turn people away (even if I was one of them). We NEED to play these types of games on campus. The more people on our campus, seeing our facilities, the better! Otherwise, the casual fan would probably think "gee, what a poor little school, they can't even build a stadium nice enough to have all their games on campus"!

you hit that one 450 feet

Am I the only one who thinks they need to add more seating? If we keep playing games against teams like that, then we are going to need more seating.

Its built to expand, but one game just not justify it.

THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR ATTENDANCE HAS EVER BEEN WORTH A DARN, and it took 40 games into the season for the first sellout.

2 years ago on a 80 degree Saturday, 250 people would show up

OK, I am going to unleash here...you are dead ass absurd. We just built a Taj Mahal 6m facility and you suggest playing the premiere game away from it?? WTF are you thinking? This stadium holds 3k, and in the past we would get about 1500-2000 when the Tarholes come here. The hill is not meant for viewing anymore like it used to be, the sightlines comment is comical. You play the game at home in hopes of a home field advantage, showing it to the recruits there how awesome environment we have, and giving our fans what they deserve. Ever think to consider it A POSITIVE that we sold the damn thing out instead of BITCHING there weren't enough seats? Holy shiit your comments are infuriating.

That’s fine and dandy, and I agree with you, but in college baseball parks across America, fans are laying out in the grass, tailgating, and so on behind the outfield and along the sidelines. There needs to be some space for this. Its part of college baseball.

That's fine and dandy, and I agree with you, but in college baseball parks across America, fans are laying out in the grass, tailgating, and so on behind the outfield and along the sidelines. There needs to be some space for this.

really…

I only know of one- Southern Miss where you back your pickup to the outfiled fence and watch the game from your tailgate sucking down crawfish

UNC no
USC no
Wake no
Clemson no
UGA no
UT no

there was space for this the last 20 years dude…ATTENDANCE SUCKED

[QUOTE=gotLutz;316072]That’s fine and dandy, and I agree with you, but in college baseball parks across America, fans are laying out in the grass, tailgating, and so on behind the outfield and along the sidelines. There needs to be some space for this.[/QUOTE]

Oh well. I guess we just need to tear it all down :rolleyes: I want a refund for what I already paid towards this stadium.

Gezz, I guess I picked the wrong 4 college baseball parks across America.

I’ve only been to 4 around this great country of ours.

None of them had fans laying out in the grass or tailgating (at least not convienent to the stadium). One did have tailgating, but it was not as close as the West deck to the current stadium.

Actually ECU has a outfield grassy knoll area they call “The Jungle”. It’s a slight berm where folks can stand (dont think you can sit and see over the outfield fence) and view the game (and interact with the opposing outfielders). I think they are allowed to come and go from this section to a parking lot not far away for a beverage. They put 5000+ in that place for the NCSU game earlier this season.
http://www.collegebaseballdigest.com/images/ecu/ECUIMG_6575-01.jpg
http://www.collegebaseballdigest.com/visits/ecu.htm

That being said I hate I missed seeing a sold out park last night. I bought season tix this year for the first time and will continue to next season even though I am an out of towner.

:lmao:Was Uh-Huh there? :lmao:

I agree that the games should be on campus and I also agree that the hill down the first base side could be higher to allow fans to see the game from the grass.

Question - maybe Metro can answer. How many players does a typical top 25 college baseball team carry? When Chapel Hill was in the field I counted about another 25-30 players in the dugout. (Excluded obvious coaches).

No way jdm. Sorry, I don't care if they had to turn people away (even if I was one of them). We NEED to play these types of games on campus. The more people on our campus, seeing our facilities, the better! Otherwise, the casual fan would probably think "gee, what a poor little school, they can't even build a stadium nice enough to have all their games on campus"!

Great post 919R.

I told my dad the same thing. My dad (who wants to like Carolina even though his two sons graduated UNC Charlotte) went to the game with me last night. I kept telling him that Charlotte is better than what was portrayed last night. Hate to say it, but Carolina had the hot bats. That’s just the way the game goes sometimes. I told him, “The one positive outlook to have is at least all the rich wanna-bee Tarheel fans got to see how nice our facilities are.” My dad said that our facilities are first-class and that we should be proud. So yeah, to all the ACC Wal-Mart casual fans don’t knock us until you go on our campus.

I agree that the games should be on campus and I also agree that the hill down the first base side could be higher to allow fans to see the game from the grass.

Question - maybe Metro can answer. How many players does a typical top 25 college baseball team carry? When Chapel Hill was in the field I counted about another 25-30 players in the dugout. (Excluded obvious coaches).

I think the latest rule is you can have 35 on the team. Only 27 can get scholarship money. Keep in mind the NCAA only allows like 12 scholarships per team, so its spread to those 27 kids.

http://www.worldwidebaseballprospects.com/pages-added/ncaa-baseball-new-rules.php

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;316084]Question - maybe Metro can answer. How many players does a typical top 25 college baseball team carry? When Chapel Hill was in the field I counted about another 25-30 players in the dugout. (Excluded obvious coaches).[/QUOTE]

Maybe some of our students wore their Carolina replica uniforms they got for Christmas and snuck in the dugout.

[QUOTE=919R;315995]No way jdm. Sorry, I don’t care if they had to turn people away (even if I was one of them). We NEED to play these types of games on campus. The more people on our campus, seeing our facilities, the better! Otherwise, the casual fan would probably think “gee, what a poor little school, they can’t even build a stadium nice enough to have all their games on campus”![/QUOTE] And the hammer hits the nail on the head.

[QUOTE=919R;315872]While I would have greatly preferred to see NO Tar Heel fans in the stadium, I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout. There were Holes fans scattered throughout the stadium (particularly in the GA section near the visitors dugout) but it wasn’t as bas as I thought it might be. I would say it was atleast an 80-20% advantage for us. Not bad, given that 90% of the seats were available to anybody![/QUOTE] I also thought it was about 80%-20% for us. I was a little surprised to see some posts estimating 50-50, but I was sitting in the downstairs section far removed from much of the tarhole riff raff.

I was along the first base side and there were more than 20% tarheel fans over there without a doubt. Had to be close to 40-50% .

:lmao:Was Uh-Huh there? :lmao:

Yeah, Uh-Huh was there. Kind-of ironic; I was in the General Admission along the first-base sideline and Uh-Huh kept coming up to my row. I was sitting besides his cousin (of course the guy has a Tarheel Baseball wind-breaker on). I overheard Uh-Huh say that he was sorry if he was embarassing them, wink, wink…Anyway, he had the sign that said "Where’s (Damn, what’s the Chapel Hill sportswriter or author; anybody know what I’m talking about; sorry guys)? I overheard Uh-Huh’s cousin talking to his fellow Chapel Hill fans and he said that when Charlotte played in Cary last week, that our fans were so aggravating[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]. I just sat there and smiled to myself.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=MooseNiner;316147]Anyway, he had the sign that said "Where’s (Damn, what’s the Chapel Hill sportswriter or author; anybody know what I’m talking about; sorry guys)? I overheard Uh-Huh’s cousin talking to his fellow Chapel Hill fans and he said that when Charlotte played in Cary last week, that our fans were so aggravating.[/QUOTE]
It said “Where Is Adam??” referring to UNC-CH color analyst Adam Lucas. Adam apparently said something about him last year, calling him “some crazy guy” on the air.

The game was nice tonight (gritty win by our guys, 8-7). In the 7th inning, all of a sudden, he shows up and starts yelling. You could actually hear the groan go up from the Niner faithful when he got going. Once the game is archived on Yahoo I’m gonna go see if you can actually hear it on the crowd mic. We all laughed our tails off.

It said "Where Is Adam??" referring to UNC-CH color analyst Adam Lucas. Adam apparently said something about him last year, calling him "some crazy guy" on the air.

The game was nice tonight (gritty win by our guys, 8-7). In the 7th inning, all of a sudden, he shows up and starts yelling. You could actually hear the groan go up from the Niner faithful when he got going. Once the game is archived on Yahoo I’m gonna go see if you can actually hear it on the crowd mic. We all laughed our tails off.

affirmative. I watched the game on vid stream and heard the SOB

There were plenty of seats available last night!! I was even able to stretch out and relax. I also didn’t have to deal with idiots in baby blue thinking that just because they were ‘Tarheels’ they could sit in the reserved section with a GA ticket.