49RFBN starts the UMass game chat page

And ODU just tied VT at 21 at end of three

Reynolds arm strength ok when OL gives him any time, his under throws are rushed because of no time. Reynolds is good!

2 Likes

Hello Bottom Ten list, we have missed you!

As a Niner fan, I showed up and did my job today. I wish Lambert had.

3 Likes

The ridiculously terrible special teams play just disgusts you as a fan. Canā€™t wait for the next era of Niner football.

Welp, at least we have QB going into next season.

Charlotte outscored Umass over the last 56:45 of the game and lost by 18. Enough saidā€¦

1 Like

The guys played hard. We just need to stop the run and the pass. We just have to be better on special teams. We allowed too many big plays. No question. Give them credit, they know how to make brownies. No question. No question. Its hard to win a game when you go down 28-0 against a 1-3 team in an empty stadium. I am just proud of our guys. They kept fighting when everyone in Charlotte back home quit watching. We made some brownies in the turd quarter. We just have to look hard at everything we do. No question. I have replaced several assistant coaches and cost the AD her job, so its not like we arenā€™t making moves. After doubling our wins last game, we would have liked to carried that momentum and confidence,. Gve UMass credit, they were 1-3 coming in, but they were not intimidated by our winning streak. No question.

[quote=ā€œNORMal, post:107, topic:33107, full:trueā€]
Hill is gonna pull a Kiffin and leave Brad on the runway
[/quote] Today was a flashback to 2017. Even the AD gave a shout out to a couple of womenā€™s teams in the pregame.
The difference? He also said ā€œthereā€™s no reason we canā€™t compete for a championship in every sportā€ , which is the antithesis of ā€œManage your expectationsā€

OL gave no protection for Reynolds. He had to scramble for his life all day. We are lucky he did not get hurt.

clt says we will remember this game for years. What an anomaly!

OL looked terrible because they had to become one dimensional. Special teams basically gave UMass a 14-0 lead in first 2 minutes. Hard to put too much blame on other groups after that start. UMass had all momentum and we looked shell shocked which is actually understandable.

Lambertā€™s three biggest responsibilities are recruiting talent, having that talent ready to play on game day and maintaining a disciplined program.

He has failed in all three aspects.

2 Likes

I have to disagree about being one dimensional. We ran the ball 30 times versus 36 passes if you take away Reynolds running. Even the announcers were talking about how we were down 28 - 0 and still sticking to the game plan. The O Line just got manhandled, but I agree special teams sucks outside of our FG unit. Then the coach decides to go for it on 4th and 12 in the 3rd quarter when a FG would have made it within 3 scores.

Lambert mentioned the positives. I got one too. This marks one week closer to him not being the coach.

3 Likes

Tucker is on pace for 78 receptions and 1,107 yards this season. If he keeps this pace up he will have a hell of a year. I have a feeling teams will take him away from the game like App St did as his numbers rise.

At least our games arenā€™t on TV.

Yes, but they were stacking the box daring us to pass. This gave CR exactly 1.5 seconds to pass and zero running room.

Condolences and know how it feels on the wrong side of a W. We have not done well on the road and had something to prove. Good luck on the rest of the season.

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @Steve1981 . Please beat Davidson in the A-10 this year (and every year).

2 Likes

I love that our players played the last three quarters with pride. I love our guys.

The coaches cost us 15 points a game. Itā€™s tough make that up.

WKU is our last look at a win.

Iā€™m sure Hill is looking at who is next.

2 Likes