49RFBN starts the UMass game chat page

I’m out of town for end of season vacation. Tuned in late in 1st quarter and already down 28-0. Tough to follow. May be a fluke but glad to see the CUSA love with a ODU win over overrated (for 15 years) VT

clt blames the refs. Obvs block in the back on the kick off.

Set the tone for the game

1 Like

:poop:x 49

Like Dowless said, not kicking a field goal on 4th and 12 was a real Lambert move. If we scored a TD, it would have been a 3 score game. If we kicked a field goal, it would have also been a 3 score game. I suppose it doesn’t matter. We were going to lose, regardless. Just bothers me, no question.

I agree and said the same thing before we even ran the play. Made zero sense.

:wink:

Well I don’t think we have to worry about lambert saving his job

Nope. You can always count on Lambert to Lambert things up.

What a bizarre game. We clearly had the talent to at least play with them.

We came out flat and undisciplined. I don’t think we have the extreme talent deficiency some think we have, but “goofy plays” turnovers, penalties are trends of this program.

This is my problem with Lambert talking about the “goofy” plays that in his mind apparently cost us the App St game (ha). He thinks they are goofy plays that rarely happen…and to most teams he’s correct. But they happen to us REGULARLY. We will have 3 goofy plays per game because we are undisciplined and outmanned.

You can get away with being outmanned if you’re disciplined. You can get away with being undisciplined if you have talent. But you can’t be both…or you get to be the goofy play highlight reel of the NCAA…aka the Niners.

1 Like

Especially when our blueprint is getting unheralded kids, redshirting them, having an old, experienced team. You would expect them to be ultra disciplined and clean.

But instead we have the best (worst) of both worlds. No discipline and no talent.

The good thing is we have a QB, RB, WR and Kicker for our next HC to work with.

1 Like

We are still smallish on both lines than you would think for a sixth year program. The next coach will have to recruit better or we are going to get pushed around by bigger teams like UMass.

Going to be a whole lot of new come December/January.

Umass coach suspended for comments.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-football/umass-suspends-head-coach-following-his-inappropriate-postgame-comments/amp/

Replaced by defensive co-ordinator. Because that guy is doing one fine job for them. :laughing: