5 best hoops teams in top 5 hoops states

Looks like the Niners have a ways to go to make this list!

Rivals.com: State of hoops: Rivalries among neighbors

davidson? really? i know they had a great run with curry but a lot of them making the tournament previous to that and after curry is due to them being the best team in a one bid league, but at the end of the day we dont really deserve to be ranked in the top five. im not worried because were coming back.

Total, 100% BS…26-10 record vs. us, no at-large NCAA bids for them vs. multiple for us, many more bids for us over the last 25 years compared to them. The writer is clearly still fawning over one great year and that should never be the “measure” of a program…I think I might email this guy.

not to nitpick but they are 10-26 against us not 26-10 but either way, theyre sleeping on us…and i like it.

The fact that Wake Forest is on this list tells you everything you need to know about this piece…

…not even worth clicking on.

[quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:25368”]The fact that Wake Forest is on this list tells you everything you need to know about this piece…

…not even worth clicking on.[/quote]

WF + Davidson.

gag.

not to nitpick but they are 10-26 against us not 26-10 but either way, theyre sleeping on us…and i like it.[/quote]

yeah, of course thats what I meant, I just typed in backwards in my haste and angst…

[quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:25368”]The fact that Wake Forest is on this list tells you everything you need to know about this piece…

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:6, topic:25368”]WF + Davidson.

gag.[/quote]

[b]The rankings are based on the current state of each program. Among the factors considered were recent success, stability and future outlook.[/b]

Honestly, the dude is probably right as far as having those teams in the top 5.

Davidson: Last season was terrible for us and we’ve been declining. Davidson had been having decent success (5 consecutive 20 wins and then 2 slightly above .500 years) and is only 4 years removed from the E8. We are 6 years removed from just getting in the dance, and last time our teams met, they beat us pretty well. Davidson wins.

NCSU: Last NCAA was '06. They have been slightly better than us recordwise since '05 and and we’ve gotten worse while they have hovered around mediocrity and doing so in the blessed ACC. Sorry, they beat us too.

WF: Made the dance in '09 and '10 and were terrible last year too, but they were in the ACC while being terrible and we were in the A10. WF wins.

I might not agree with that order, but I don’t think we are currently better as far as the state of our program than any of those programs. I think our recruiting class is great and Major is going to do well with them, but when making a list like this, you probably can’t put too much hock in a bunch of recruits. The good news is WF, NCSU, and Davidson are all very passable and I think we have the kids coming in and returning to do it with.

Can’t complain too much after the suckage we’ve produced. Need to get back to being relevant.

[quote=“49or bust, post:8, topic:25368”][quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:25368”]The fact that Wake Forest is on this list tells you everything you need to know about this piece…

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:6, topic:25368”]WF + Davidson.

gag.[/quote]

[b]The rankings are based on the current state of each program. Among the factors considered were recent success, stability and future outlook.[/b]

Honestly, the dude is probably right as far as having those teams in the top 5.

Davidson: Last season was terrible for us and we’ve been declining. Davidson had been having decent success (5 consecutive 20 wins and then 2 slightly above .500 years) and is only 4 years removed from the E8. We are 6 years removed from just getting in the dance, and last time our teams met, they beat us pretty well. Davidson wins.

NCSU: Last NCAA was '06. They have been slightly better than us recordwise since '05 and and we’ve gotten worse while they have hovered around mediocrity and doing so in the blessed ACC. Sorry, they beat us too.

WF: Made the dance in '09 and '10 and were terrible last year too, but they were in the ACC while being terrible and we were in the A10. WF wins.

I might not agree with that order, but I don’t think we are currently better as far as the state of our program than any of those programs. I think our recruiting class is great and Major is going to do well with them, but when making a list like this, you probably can’t put too much hock in a bunch of recruits. The good news is WF, NCSU, and Davidson are all very passable and I think we have the kids coming in and returning to do it with.[/quote]

Agreed - this article actually makes a sound case on how bad basketball in NC sucks right now because if WF and Davidson qualify for top 5 what does that say?

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:6, topic:25368”][quote=“jfickett, post:5, topic:25368”]The fact that Wake Forest is on this list tells you everything you need to know about this piece…

WF + Davidson.

gag.[/quote]

Let’s be honest, NC(the state) shouldn’t even be in this discussion. We have UNC-CH and Duke, and that’s it. People are saying WF doesn’t make any sense. Well neither does NCSU. They’ve sucked recently.

I guess it all depends on context. If we’re talking about the last few years, you’re correct, if not, then its dead wrong IMO.

Davidson: SoCon (yeah, you should be able to win a lot of games)
Charlotte: A10 (were we the toughest not BCS league again last year?)

Davidson: Elite 8 (And rest of the teams with Curry? likely Elite 8 )Last made the tourney without Curry in 2002, prior to that it was 1998
Charlotte: Made the tourney last in '05, before that, '04 (even prior '02)

Davidson: 10 tourneys, Elite 8
Charlotte: 11 tourneys, Final 4

Davidson: Bob McKillop is in his 19th consecutive year as coach
Charlotte: Starting year 2 with Alan Major after firing a coach who led them to a 19 win season (Note: 19 wins and not in the SoCon!)

Davidson: Beats nationally ranked teams rarely (exception of Curry years)
Charlotte: Beats nationally ranked teams yearly

AND THE STAT THAT SAYS IT ALL!
Davidson: 11 wins in 37 tries against Charlotte
Charlotte: 26 wins in 37 tries against Davidson

I make note of the Curry years because they are likely outliers in Davidson’s history. They’re arguably no better now than they were before he was here.

I guess it all depends on context. If we’re talking about the last few years, you’re correct, if not, then its dead wrong IMO.

Davidson: SoCon (yeah, you should be able to win a lot of games)
Charlotte: A10 (were we the toughest not BCS league again last year?)

Davidson: Elite 8 (And rest of the teams with Curry? likely Elite 8 )Last made the tourney without Curry in 2002, prior to that it was 1998
Charlotte: Made the tourney last in '05, before that, '04 (even prior '02)

Davidson: 10 tourneys, Elite 8
Charlotte: 11 tourneys, Final 4

Davidson: Bob McKillop is in his 19th consecutive year as coach
Charlotte: Starting year 2 with Alan Major after firing a coach who led them to a 19 win season (Note: 19 wins and not in the SoCon!)

Davidson: Beats nationally ranked teams rarely (exception of Curry years)
Charlotte: Beats nationally ranked teams yearly

AND THE STAT THAT SAYS IT ALL!
Davidson: 11 wins in 37 tries against Charlotte
Charlotte: 26 wins in 37 tries against Davidson

I make note of the Curry years because they are likely outliers in Davidson’s history. They’re arguably no better now than they were before he was here.[/quote]

[font=arial][b]The rankings are based on the current state of each program. Among the factors considered were recent success, stability and future outlook.[/b][/font]

[font=arial]I don’t like it, but bust makes a good point. Last few years, Davidson has been… :throws up:[/font]
[font=arial]
Although over all, the facts speak for themselves (as Zero has shown). Charlotte is the superior program.
[/font]

Davidson being ranked in the top 5 in any subject that is not STD related is proof that no research was done.

[size=1em][b]The rankings are based on the [u]CURRENT STATE[/u] of each program. Among the factors considered were recent success, stability and future outlook.[/b][/size]

thanks

Pretty sure they are tops in avicide.

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:12, topic:25368”]Davidson: 10 tourneys, Elite 8
Charlotte: 11 tourneys, Final 4[/quote]
FWIW, Davidson has three Elite 8s on their resume. No denying we’re usually the champs of Mecklenburg County, though!

[quote=“Run49er, post:18, topic:25368”][quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:12, topic:25368”]Davidson: 10 tourneys, Elite 8
FWIW, Davidson has three Elite 8s on their resume. No denying we’re usually the champs of Mecklenburg County, though![/quote]

Yes, but I believe only one of them came since Charlotte has been D1 (the last 40 years). The last one is relevant of course, but the others are less releveant than our F4.

[quote=“919R, post:19, topic:25368”][quote=“Run49er, post:18, topic:25368”][quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:12, topic:25368”]Davidson: 10 tourneys, Elite 8
FWIW, Davidson has three Elite 8s on their resume. No denying we’re usually the champs of Mecklenburg County, though![/quote]

Yes, but I believe only one of them came since Charlotte has been D1 (the last 40 years). The last one is relevant of course, but the others are less releveant than our F4.[/quote]
If I follow your logic, then anything that happened before 1970 is irrelevant, be it an Elite 8, Final 4, National Championship, etc. Hmmm… :smiley: