A-10 and realignment

ESPN.com: Source: A-10 open to expansion

Wouldn’t that just be how it is? We leave and [insert good Catholic school in the BE] joins the A10?

Perhaps… oh, one can dream… perhaps the Caths go to A10, the remaining BE is left no option but to assimilate the few good parts of the CUSA.

I would prefer the Big East dissolve and ECU sent to the Sun Belt because of it.

[quote=“49or bust, post:2, topic:27248”]Wouldn’t that just be how it is? We leave and [insert good Catholic school in the BE] joins the A10?

Perhaps… oh, one can dream… perhaps the Caths go to A10, the remaining BE is left no option but to assimilate the few good parts of the CUSA.[/quote]

I think the former is unlikely. More likely that the seven BE’s poach whatever teams they want out of the A-10 and leave the scraps for another league.

I actually believe the later may play out. I could see C-USA taking back Memphis, USF and some others. Either that or thy may try and form their own conference and we could perhaps move join as well. Either way if the BE blows up I think we are in a great posistion to capitalize on it.

That would be all kinds of awesome.

That would be all kinds of awesome.[/quote]

I hope from hell to heaven that Judy is on the horn with every football AD in the Big East, as well as those in between C-USA and the Big East. If the Big East is on a potential path to dissolution, there’s got to be talks already underway to build anew.

Isn’t there a rule about new conferences not getting autobids to the NCAA tourneys?

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:5, topic:27248”][/quote]That’s basically what CUSA is becoming.

Every school except Marshall, Tech, and USM are in mid to large sized cities (or very close-by like MTSU)

There is - but I am betting the NCAA would work with a new conference on that. I think the motivation was to stop new leagues from forming and adding to the autobid, but I would assume part of that would depend on if a league is going away.

I really wish we were staying in A10 for bball.

[quote=“CTNiner2009, post:11, topic:27248”]I really wish we were staying in A10 for bball.[/quote]What suggestion would you have for football?

A10 for basketball and MAC for football. Since I’m wishing, I’ll add CUSA for baseball and soccer.

[quote=“49r9r, post:13, topic:27248”]A10 for basketball and MAC for football. Since I’m wishing, I’ll add CUSA for baseball and soccer.[/quote]MAC had no openings, UMass replaced Temple. Any realistic options that are better?

Isn’t the mac only at 13 teams right now?

[quote=“Powerbait, post:15, topic:27248”]Isn’t the mac only at 13 teams right now?[/quote]Not sure, haven’t heard that they were trying to add any teams. Temple left, replaced with UMass, no other rumblings from them from what I’ve gathered.

I think they have an unbalanced conference right now.

It sure would be nice to stay in A-10 for bball and go to the MAC for football

If the BE breaks, the catholic schools will poach the best of the A-10. Without X, Dayton, etc. (which seems likely would join the B-Ball only group), not quite the same conference.
Would rather be in position to join back with Memphis, Cincy, USF (and bringing back ECU for Football) if it means languishing in the current C-USA for a couple of years.

People still wish we stayed put in A10?