A-10 board post: "Are you sick of Charlotte?"

Persinger, are you as hated on all message boards?

Hey Mike, why don’t you do a story during the dead days of summer about how Charlotte’s administartion has no plan to add football despite having over 20,000 students. I might pay for a Disturber if I Knew I could find in depth reporting like that! :ph34r:

I am a big fan of Mike Persinger and the Charlotte Observer.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger+Aug 11 2005, 11:49 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mike_Persinger @ Aug 11 2005, 11:49 PM)
[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Aug 12 2005, 01:05 AM [b] Do you receive extra "incentives" to promote the tarholes and their acc counterparts over us? We all know Packer does. He has his acc show and carries over the promotion to his regular show. [/b]
Nope. Everybody thinks we get free tickets and such, take our families to games on the school, etc. Doesn't happen with me, and shouldn't for anyone in our business. Ask Real about trying to give me tickets to your games. I just tell him I'll buy some myself, thanks. I have season credentials to some things, but unless I can justify it from a work standpoint, I don't use them. If I find out someone's doing something that breaks the rules or is illegal, we're writing about it, and I don't want anyone saying "but we gave you those free tickets... " I don't know, but Packer's probably doing that ACC show because advertisers and listeners want it, not on the authority of the ACC itself. I doubt he's getting any money directly from the schools or the conference. And I know I'm not on anyone's payroll except The Observer's.
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Aug 12 2005, 02:10 AM [b] I am a big fan of Mike Persinger and the Charlotte Observer. [/b]
Same here. The guy takes entirely too much crap on this board. Same here. The observer stepped up it's coverage last year on us - something we've been asking for for a very long time. Could it be better? Sure. Do I think he covers the ACC more than he should? Yes, but he has a very valid explanation for why he does it - MONEY. If we want better coverage we need to be more successful. I bet we'd get a lot more written about us if we didn't go 0-4 in the month of March.

I was pleased with the much overdue coverage we finally received during the second half of last season. That’s why I am befuddled over the sudden lack of coverage. I don’t understand the lack of Basden/Bull coverage and I did not understand putting Withers on page 8 and Gray on page 1 when the articles were written about the U-21 national team. It’s like we lost any ground we had made up. Everyone in Charlotte knows unc-chapel has 2 players drafted by the Bobcats (they were on the front page enough), but no one knows Eddie Basden will be playing for the Bulls.

[b]It's like we lost any ground we had made up.[/b]
Can't argue that, and I hate it for Basden. I'm hoping that the reason there wasn't more on him is that so much of it was speculation. I'm hoping when Eddie makes the Bulls roster the Observer will make up for lost space(?).