A-10 exhibition scores

A-10 exhibition scores from Wednesday and last night…

Charlotte 92
Ottawa 36

Dayton 81
Findlay 78

Duquesne 108
Millersville 87

GW 74 (OT)
UDC 71

UMass 103
AIC 66

URI 107
Stonehill 69

A-10 exhibition scores from Wednesday and last night...

Charlotte 92
Ottawa 36

Dayton 81
Findlay 78

Duquesne 108
Millersville 87

GW 74 (OT)
UDC 71

UMass 103
AIC 66

URI 107
Stonehill 69

That is the oddest thing.

Newspaper coverage of the exhibitions…

Dayton Daily News: [b]Flyers fight for victory

Wright’s UD debut a beauty[/b]

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Freshman scores 19 in rout of Millersville

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Freshman leads Dukes to victory

Springfield (Mass.) Republican: Testing the water

Providence Journal: Rams shift to high gear after a sputtering start

But where is the Observer’s write up?

Oh… oh… nm

[QUOTE=run49er;265642]Newspaper coverage of the exhibitions…
And all the hometown papers from the other A10 cities did do articles…
[/QUOTE]
I’m am so sick of y’all complaining about the Big O. Don’t you know Charoltte has other teams… unlike cities like Philly, Pitt, Cincy, New York, and… oh wait.

In reading over the Duquesne game boxscore, 61 of their 108 points came from 1st year players (2 transfers and 2 frosh). Freshman Bill Clark led them with 19 points – in 15 minutes of playing time! Anyway, looks like the Dukes are ready to turn the corner this season. Even with the losses of Robert Mitchell (to Seton Hall), Scott Grote (to Wright State), and Stu Baldanado (probably the State Pen! :tongue: ), Duquesne looks pretty good. Ron Everhart even took the luxury of redshirting one of his frosh, so I suspect the Dukes will finish better than 11th in the A-10. Now, whether they will finish 4th as prediticted by WH, we’ll just have to wait and see.

From the Dayton and GW scores, the Flyers and Colonials have a few things to work on before taking on D-I competition. :rolleyes:

GO A-10!

More scores…

Duquesne 129
Seton Hill 67

Fordham 64
UDC 54

UMass 107
Concordia 80

St. Bonaventure 78
Slippery Rock 65

Saint Louis 71
UM-St. Louis 54

And, yes, all received newspaper coverage except Fordham.

[QUOTE=run49er;265930]Duquesne 129
Seton Hill 67[/QUOTE]

That’s not a typo, is it? Wow. Holy name confusion.

[QUOTE=run49er;265930]And, yes, all received newspaper coverage except Fordham.[/QUOTE]
I can’t imagine why any newspaper would cover an exhibition. :shades:

Saint Louis 71 UM-St. Louis 54
Wow, atleast we don't have someone else named Charlotte.

[QUOTE=eason49;265934]Wow, atleast we don’t have someone else named Charlotte.[/QUOTE]
In the home of the MLB champion Red Sox you have Boston College (Roman Catholic), Boston University (private), and UMass-Boston (public).

BTW, Majerus did NOT start Tommie Liddell III, though TL did play and finished with 10 points in the game against UMSL. Ah yes, the ol’ doghouse for the Billikens’ star!

[QUOTE=HP49er;265933]I can’t imagine why any newspaper would cover an exhibition. :shades:[/QUOTE]
Gosh, the Cincinnati Enquirer does a preview article on a game they can’t even cover!!!

Enquirer.com: Public barred from game with Zips

That's not a typo, is it? Wow. Holy name confusion.

Typo, it was Seton Hall of the Big East.

Saw in the O that Richmond opens their regular season TOMORROW night vs Maine.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;265932]That’s not a typo, is it? Wow. Holy name confusion.[/QUOTE]

No, that’s not a typo. Seton Hill is a small Catholic college in Greensburg, PA, near Pittsburgh. They’re Division II and just recently became a co-ed university (all women until 2002). And yes, they added football because in southwestern Pennsylvania, that’s what you do on the weekends in the fall.

[QUOTE=49er1;265951]Saw in the O that Richmond opens their regular season TOMORROW night vs Maine.[/QUOTE]
They get the first game in the Coaches vs Cancer Classic at Memphis. The Tigers play Tennessee-Martin in the nightcap.

[QUOTE=49er1;265951]Saw in the O that Richmond opens their regular season TOMORROW night vs Maine.[/QUOTE]
Actually, Richmond and Maine open the regular season for ALL of NCAA D-I basketball. Of course, the winner gets Memphis in the next game of that tourney.

No, that's not a typo. Seton Hill is a small Catholic college in Greensburg, PA, near Pittsburgh. They're Division II and just recently became a co-ed university (all women until 2002). And yes, they added football because in southwestern Pennsylvania, that's what you do on the weekends in the fall.

So did CBSSportsline have the typo… they called them Seton Hall.

[QUOTE=HP49er;265933]I can’t imagine why any newspaper would cover an exhibition involving the hometown team. :shades:[/QUOTE]
Fixed

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;265965]So did CBSSportsline have the typo… they called them Seton Hall.[/QUOTE]
I realize I can be creative, but I did not make this one up! :rolleyes: :tongue:

[b]Seton Hill University

Seton Hill Griffins

Dukes Blow by Seton Hill 129-67[/b]