A-10 mirror games

This is what I have been able to piece together from official releases and newspaper stories.

[NOTE: last edited on 7/27]

Charlotte - Fordham, Richmond, Temple

Dayton - Rhode Island, Saint Louis, Xavier

Duquesne - Fordham, La Salle, St. Bonaventure

Fordham - Charlotte, Duquesne, Temple

GW - Rhode Island, Saint Louis, Xavier

LaSalle - Duquesne, Richmond, St. Bonaventure

UMass - Rhode Island, St. Joe’s, Saint Louis

Rhode Island - Dayton, GW, UMass

Richmond - Charlotte, La Salle, St. Bonaventure

St. Bonaventure - Duquesne, La Salle, Richmond

Saint Joseph’s - UMass, Temple, Xavier

Saint Louis - Dayton, GW, UMass

Temple - Charlotte, Fordham, St. Joe’s

Xavier - Dayton, GW, St. Joe’s

I think we’re guaranteed Richmond & GW. So the only question is who the 3rd opponent will be.

I’m guessing URI, followed by UMass and then X.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;234397]I think we’re guaranteed Richmond & GW. So the only question is who the 3rd opponent will be.

I’m guessing URI, followed by UMass and then X.[/QUOTE]

According to Sorenson it is Niagra.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;234397]I think we’re guaranteed Richmond & GW. So the only question is who the 3rd opponent will be.

I’m guessing URI, followed by UMass and then X.[/QUOTE]

I’ll be happy with any of those 3. It could be worse.

Wouldn’t URI and UMass be a natural fit to be together?

Just bumping this after editing La Salle and St. Joe’s. Still haven’t heard anything about the Niners.

[QUOTE=run49er;234530]Just bumping this after editing La Salle and St. Joe’s. Still haven’t heard anything about the Niners.[/QUOTE]

On the A-10 boards, a Richmond fan said that his school is playing Duquesne, La Salle, and Charlotte.

Can we get verification?

I was told GW, Richmond, Rhode Island but until I see it in writing don’t accept it as the word.

[QUOTE=HP49er;234532]I was told GW, Richmond, Rhode Island but until I see it in writing don’t accept it as the word.[/QUOTE]
Well, I’ll go ahead and fill-in and change later if necessary. Thanks!!!

It seems like a pretty good school is going to lose the “St. Bonaventure Sweepstakes”

As a UMass fan, I would be shocked if the Minutemen don’t get Temple, our biggest rival in the league, and URI, perhaps our next biggest.

After that, hard to say. GW and UMass have had a good rivalry for years, and Fordham is a good pairing. I suspect Xavier might be the candidate because the A-10 expects UMass to be very good again next year and the two schools are among the best known in the league.

Niners-Rhody doesn’t make much sense, but if that’s the case, URI will be plenty good, so little if anything lost by replacing X with the Rams.

A Xavier fan on the A-10 boards said that Dayton and GW are confirmed, Fordham is unconfirmed for their school. Assuming that info is correct:

[QUOTE=run49er;234361]Charlotte - GW, URI, Richmond

Dayton - Fordham, SLU, Xavier

Duquesne - Richmond, URI, Bona

Fordham - Dayton, Xavier, UMass

GW - Charlotte, St. Joe’s, Xavier

LaSalle - Richmond, Bona, Temple

UMass - Fordham, Bona, Temple

Rhode Island - Charlotte, Duquesne, SLU

Richmond - Charlotte, Duquesne, La Salle

St. Bonaventure - Duquense, La Salle, UMass

Saint Joseph’s - GW, SLU, Temple

Saint Louis - Dayton, URI, St. Joe’s

Temple - La Salle, St. Joe’s, UMass

Xavier - Dayton, GW, Fordham[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=W.H.;234542]…little if anything lost by replacing X with the Rams.[/QUOTE]

I could be mis-interpreting your post, but URI replaces Dayton as our 3rd primary rival mirror game.

Ah. I thought X, for some reason, was a partner last year. In any case, I am not convinced Survivor has it quite right. If he does, I owe him a six-pack. I think UMass and URI are paired up again. I have a hard time believing the A-10 will give UMass, a team with postseason possibilities next year, a home and away with Bonaventure.

[QUOTE=W.H.;234582]I have a hard time believing the A-10 will give UMass, a team with postseason possibilities next year, a home and away with Bonaventure.[/QUOTE]
I am no longer surprised at ANYTHING the A10 does.

Can’t we just kick St. Bonaventure out of the conference… for the good of everyone?

[QUOTE=eason49;234587]Can’t we just kick St. Bonaventure out of the conference… for the good of everyone?[/QUOTE]

LOL, wow you would take La Salle over the Bonnies? I for one would much rather have St. Bonaventure than La Salle. After all the Bonnies still do draw pretty good numbers even with one of the worst teams in basketball this past year.

LOL, wow you would take La Salle over the Bonnies? I for one would much rather have St. Bonaventure than La Salle. After all the Bonnies still do draw pretty good numbers even with one of the worst teams in basketball this past year.

Kick them out, too… as well as Richmond and Duquesne, then we’re down to 10.

Kick them out, too... as well as Richmond and Duquesne, then we're down to 10.

Then WE would be the cellar dwellars!:rolleyes:

…but not for long.