A note to ALL students and alumni:

Dayton has sold out their allotment of tickets for Sunday’s game. They’re expecting close to 2,000. EVERYBODY get the word out… come to the game. Get your friends to come to the game.

Alumni, even if you haven’t been coming to ‘protest’ (worst excuse ever) get your asses to the game on Sunday. Be there and BE LOUD… Both sides.

If we let a team from O-****ing-hio out-loud us in our own arena, then we might as well just disband our athletics program and start holding classes online.

wow, that’s impressive. we’re still gonna be louder than them regardless since they’ll be in the upper bowl but they’re definitely gonna be heard from.

You’ll hear them… they do a good job not shutting up.

[QUOTE=SteauA;383362]wow, that’s impressive. we’re still gonna be louder than them regardless since they’ll be in the upper bowl but they’re definitely gonna be heard from.[/QUOTE]

That’s why we need to pack the house… DROWN THEM OUT!

Students, alumni… all of us… start yelling at the tip and DON’T SHUT UP!

I had a feeling they would have alot of support at the game. The Flyers have always traveled well… Niner Nation its time to get LOUD!!!

That's why we need to pack the house... DROWN THEM OUT!

Students, alumni… all of us… start yelling at the tip and DON’T SHUT UP!

:tumble:

kudos to them for selling their ticket allotment,.

with that said, I will be pissed off if they are the loudest people in the arena, regardless of the game score.

many of these fans will be traveling from ohio. that’s impressive. dayton is farther away than cincinnati. the tarholes don’t even travel that far that well.

Dayton has this big of a following?

[QUOTE=wayton5646;383390]Dayton has this big of a following?[/QUOTE]

They have quite possibly one of the biggest followings in college basketball.

Not in terms of numbers, but in terms of traveling and loyalty. They’re like the Deadheads of the college basketball world.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;383395]They have quite possibly one of the biggest followings in college basketball.

Not in terms of numbers, but in terms of traveling and loyalty. They’re like the Deadheads of the college basketball world.[/QUOTE]good and accurate analogy. they sell out almost every game too. and they travel better than any team in the acc or socon.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;383395]They have quite possibly one of the biggest followings in college basketball.

Not in terms of numbers, but in terms of traveling and loyalty. They’re like the Deadheads of the college basketball world.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don’t know much about them. I don’t remember them being in the tournament recently but I could be wrong. Do they have a better history then us?

[QUOTE=wayton5646;383399]Do they have a better history then us?[/QUOTE]

yes.

[QUOTE]NCAA Tournament Final Four
NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
1967, 1984
NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
1952, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1974, 1984

[/QUOTE]

Dayton has an excellent program and the support is overwhelming. Their arena is huge (18k-20k?) and they always sellout. The town supports the team, regardless of the fact that they get no respect (21-2…getting votes. JOKE). I bet their local media gives them respect, though, and that’s probably been the biggest aid.

Dayton has an excellent program and the support is overwhelming. Their arena is huge (18k-20k?) and they always sellout. The town supports the team, regardless of the fact that they get no respect (21-2..getting votes. JOKE). I bet their local media gives them respect, though, and that's probably been the biggest aid.

Little over 13k, still a big arena, but not quite modern. The city of Dayton supports both its teams in Wright State and Dayton, but the Flyers along with the Muskies are certainly two of the top 4 programs in the state as far as fan support goes (and they might even rank ahead of Cinci these days).

UD Arena has hosted several NCAA Tournament Regionals and is the typical site of the NCAA Play in Game.

Not in terms of numbers, but in terms of traveling and loyalty. They’re like the Deadheads of the college basketball world.[/QUOTE]

These people aren’t traveling from Dayton. They live here in Charlotte - http://alumni.udayton.edu/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=445&srcid=585

I work with 2 Dayton grads and they will be there tomorrow. There is a big breakfast over at the Hilton that they have invited me to.

Wasn’t there almost a fight a few years ago when their students tried to walk around our track in the arena chanting? I don’t remember if I’m getting the details right, but something about situation that feels familiar.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;383420]Wasn’t there almost a fight a few years ago when their students tried to walk around our track in the arena chanting? I don’t remember if I’m getting the details right, but something about situation that feels familiar.[/QUOTE]

That was Gerorge Washinton, the year they had one loss going into the conference tournament. First year in the A-10. 6000 people showed up at Halton Arena for a team that was ranked at least eigth in the country. 4pm, ESPN national Saturday of rivalry week. That was the day I knew we would never go big time, and were falling fast.

If somebody gives me a free ticket, I might go. Not paying to watch us this year, sorry.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;383421]That was Gerorge Washinton, the year they had one loss going into the conference tournament. First year in the A-10. 6000 people showed up at Halton Arena for a team that was ranked at least eigth in the country. 4pm, ESPN national Saturday of rivalry week. That was the day I knew we would never go big time, and were falling fast.

If somebody gives me a free ticket, I might go. Not paying to watch us this year, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Put up or shut up.

After this comment, everything you have ever said anti-Lutz means nothing.

Unless you live out of town, if you’re not going to the games then quit your damn complaining. Go be a Tar Heel fan.

I had a feeling they would have alot of support at the game. The Flyers have always traveled well.. Niner Nation its time to get LOUD!!!!

Travel well? Hell, most probably won’t have to travel as far as I will (40 minutes). Half of Ohio has moved to Charlotte over the last 20 years!