A note to ALL students and alumni:

That was Gerorge Washinton, the year they had one loss going into the conference tournament. First year in the A-10. 6000 people showed up at Halton Arena for a team that was ranked at least eigth in the country. 4pm, ESPN national Saturday of rivalry week. That was the day I knew we would never go big time, and were falling fast.

If somebody gives me a free ticket, I might go. Not paying to watch us this year, sorry.

First of all that team was a top 20 team coming into Halton, not top 10. Granted we should’ve had more support, that game wasn’t on ESPN either. The game at GW was on ESPN.

Get your facts straight before you make us look like crap.

Doubleheader for me today: Duquesne vs 49er women at 2, Coastal Carolina at High Point tonight. Winning or losing season, I’ll be there tomorrow.

[QUOTE=HP49er;383431]Doubleheader for me today: Duquesne vs 49er women at 2, Coastal Carolina at High Point tonight. Winning or losing season, I’ll be there tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You’re the Man, HP ! ! !

:49ers:

Travel well? Hell, most probably won't have to travel as far as I will (40 minutes). Half of Ohio has moved to Charlotte over the last 20 years!

The truth… sometimes I think I see more ohio plates than NC plates around here… especially when I’m down by the beach.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;383429]First of all that team was a top 20 team coming into Halton, not top 10. Granted we should’ve had more support, that game wasn’t on ESPN either. The game at GW was on ESPN.

Get your facts straight before you make us look like crap.[/QUOTE]

Anything to remind us how bad the state of our program is, right MNH?

Now, to end the threadjack…

GET OUT THERE TOMORROW! GET LOUD!

[QUOTE=thelew1014;383426]Put up or shut up.

After this comment, everything you have ever said anti-Lutz means nothing.

Unless you live out of town, if you’re not going to the games then quit your damn complaining. Go be a Tar Heel fan.[/QUOTE]

I did put up cash to go to games for years, not anymore.

Everything I say means something. You’ve brought the Tar Heels up more on this board in the last week than I have in seven years between Charlotte.com, cusa-talk.com, and this joint. Worry about our own house first, you 20 year old tool.

Put up or shut up.

After this comment, everything you have ever said anti-Lutz means nothing.

Unless you live out of town, if you’re not going to the games then quit your damn complaining. Go be a Tar Heel fan.

…Even though I’m a student I can agree with some people are saying.
-We have 7 wins…and guess what man? Other people PAY FOR THEIR SEATS.
-If they don’t want to see this team, I can totally understand that. Since I get a free ticket I will go.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;383553]I did put up cash to go to games for years, not anymore.

Everything I say means something. You’ve brought the Tar Heels up more on this board in the last week than I have in seven years between Charlotte.com, cusa-talk.com, and this joint. Worry about our own house first, you 20 year old tool.[/QUOTE]

There’s a funny thing I find with your existence on this board. Why do you even bother following and posting if you no longer support the program? May be bitching is your hobby just like a few on here . . . .:shades:

good and accurate analogy. they sell out almost every game too. and they travel better than any team in the acc or socon.

There are also a ridiculous number of Ohio natives that end up in Charlotte. So chances are good that some of them went to Dayton…the rest went to Ohio U :slight_smile:

Edit: sorry to be repetitive

The NCAA play-in game has been played in Dayton amd first round games because of their passion for college basketball and loyalty to the University. The city (community, business leaders, MEDIA) embraces their University and athletics. They’ve got it good.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;383553]I did put up cash to go to games for years, not anymore.

Everything I say means something. You’ve brought the Tar Heels up more on this board in the last week than I have in seven years between Charlotte.com, cusa-talk.com, and this joint. Worry about our own house first, you 20 year old tool.[/QUOTE]

I am worrying about our own house. That’s why I started this thread. I didn’t start this thread for you to talk **** about our house and our program. Keep your filth in the Fire Bobby threads, it’s much easier to ignore you then. By the way, I’m 22.

Wow, good info Lew. they usually have a good following. Their pep band usually comes to cheer them on and are annoying as heck! Please be loud. I hate listening to opposing fans all game while the front of 104 is heckling the water boy… Haha, I know yall mean well, but your efforts aren’t heard up in 226.

The best was when Leemire got what was it? 24 points in 8 minutes or something… Anyways, I have my whole family coming tomorrow. My sis is going to be there for some YMCA something or another at the game. Let’s hope the team remembers to show up.

First of all that team was a top 20 team coming into Halton, not top 10. Granted we should've had more support, that game wasn't on ESPN either. The game at GW was on ESPN.

Get your facts straight before you make us look like crap.

The game was definitely televised, because I worked in the production truck for it. I don’t remember if it was espn or not.

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;383555]…Even though I’m a student I can agree with some people are saying.
-We have 7 wins…and guess what man? Other people PAY FOR THEIR SEATS.
-If they don’t want to see this team, I can totally understand that. Since I get a free ticket I will go.[/QUOTE]

Somebody paid for your tickets, too. It’s part of your student fees, which were increased in the mid-90’s to pay for Halton. The principal is the same, either way, whether you are an alumnus or a student.

Somebody paid for your tickets, too. It's part of your student fees, which were increased in the mid-90's to pay for Halton. The principal is the same, either way, whether you are an alumnus or a student.

Alright way to be technical, I’m just saying since I’m not ‘directly’ paying for my basketball tickets (it’s included-happy?..) of course I will go, but I could understand why some people might not want to shell out the $$$$$ to see this team.

The last tourney game we won was in Dayton. Good times.

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;383589]Alright way to be technical, I’m just saying since I’m not ‘directly’ paying for my basketball tickets (it’s included-happy?..) of course I will go, but I could understand why some people might not want to shell out the $$$$$ to see this team.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Don’t get your panties in a wad. My point was that it does not matter if you paid for the tickets or not, showing up whether we are good or not good is the mark of a true fan. Many will say they are “protesting” by not coming. That’s just a cop out. I don’t know of anybody who is “happy” with a 7-13 record, but the real fans keep showing up to support the team and their university. It’s easy to show up when the “weather” is good.

[QUOTE=X-49er;383597]Haha. Don’t get your panties in a wad. My point was that it does not matter if you paid for the tickets or not, showing up whether we are good or not good is the mark of a true fan. Many will say they are “protesting” by not coming. That’s just a cop out. I don’t know of anybody who is “happy” with a 7-13 record, but the real fans keep showing up to support the team and their university. It’s easy to show up when the “weather” is good.[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

If you’ve crawled into a hole since the season started, either come back out now or just stay the hell in it.

ChevEEs right about the band coming. I remember those damn goofy hats… They were pretty loud last time they came too.

Ill be there if we are 7-13 or 20-0! I damn sure dont like the record but like X said if your “protesting” by not showing thats complete Bull****!!!

:49ers::49ers::49ers:

I know alot of people from Ohio live in NC but they also have some traveling down together. I got this off of there message board in a thread titled “Ideal Travel 2008-09 Itinerary”

@Charlotte
WHEN: Friday January 7-9, 2009
WHERE: Charlotte, NC
HOW MUCH: $279.00 tax included/per person (double occupancy) INCLUDES GAME TICKET

The first conference road trip of the season gets underway with full motorcoach transportation to Charlotte and two nights stay at the Drury Inn. Leslie has shuttle service to and from the game already taken care of. Coach Bobby Lutz should have a strong team this year and the Flyers are well overdue for a strong showing in Tobacco country. Includes your admission to the game.

The fun also offers optional roundtrip transportation into uptown Charlotte to tie one on.

They have 4 games and the A10 tourney set up. They really do have a great following!!

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6301