A note to ALL students and alumni:

Put up or shut up.

After this comment, everything you have ever said anti-Lutz means nothing.

Unless you live out of town, if you’re not going to the games then quit your damn complaining. Go be a Tar Heel fan.

After this comment I bet you are for the “stimulus package” too…throwing away money on a lost cause.

You’ll learn the value of dollar when you grow up sonny. If he doesn’t want to buy a ticket when he can watch the game on TV then so be it.

You have fun tomorrow though. :tumble:

[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B][QUOTE=JLaw25;383634]After this comment I bet you are for the “stimulus package” too…throwing away money on a lost cause.

You’ll learn the value of dollar when you grow up sonny. If he doesn’t want to buy a ticket when he can watch the game on TV then so be it.

You have fun tomorrow though. :tumble:[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=5]GO **** YOURSELF[/SIZE][/B]
Don’t. Ever. Call. Me. Sonny.

[B][SIZE=5]GO **** YOURSELF[/SIZE][/B] Don't. Ever. Call. Me. Sonny.

Sorry about that…Sport. :weep:

[QUOTE=ChevEE;383581]Wow, good info Lew. they usually have a good following. Their pep band usually comes to cheer them on and are annoying as heck!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember the last time they came here they brought their entire band with them and sat in the upper level. They were led by a man wearing a light up suit.

The Alumni vs. Students fight has reached a new low. Let it go, guys.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;383644]The Alumni vs. Students fight has reached a new low. Let it go, guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah isn’t it great how all this **** gets thrown when I’m trying to hype up the game?

This isn’t alums vs. students. Most of the alums on here are great supporters of our basketball program and are true fans. However, a few of them on here are not true fans. They have the ability to go to the game, unlike some of our alumni who do not live in the area. I believe some of them already have season tickets this year, so money is not an obstacle. Yet, they don’t go to games out of frustration… to ‘protest’. That is not fanhood. Not only do they give up on their team, they come around here and talk **** to those who haven’t… they talk **** to the true fans. And then they get called out, they resort to name calling (i.e. ‘20 year old tool’) and even get personal (Sonny). This isn’t students vs. alumni… it’s students vs. the dead weight. UMass13, Titanfan44, and OrangeOtto have made better contributions to this board than some of these “fans.”

Like I said, it’s not alumni I’m taking on. I’m trying to get them just as hype as I am. But I am taking on a select few.

The masochist in me is going to really hate that I’m missing this game…

Dayton will have around 200 people today and there fans are nervous about today’s game because we’ve owned them in the past!

Dayton will have around 200 people today and there fans are nervous about today's game because we've owned them in the past!

There was a post over on the Dayton board today that said something along the lines of: “Thank God Leemire Goldwire isn’t playing”

:lol:

I’ll say it again. One of the most underrated Niners ever.

Yeah isn't it great how all this **** gets thrown when I'm trying to hype up the game?

This isn’t alums vs. students. Most of the alums on here are great supporters of our basketball program and are true fans. However, a few of them on here are not true fans. They have the ability to go to the game, unlike some of our alumni who do not live in the area. I believe some of them already have season tickets this year, so money is not an obstacle. Yet, they don’t go to games out of frustration… to ‘protest’. That is not fanhood. Not only do they give up on their team, they come around here and talk **** to those who haven’t… they talk **** to the true fans. And then they get called out, they resort to name calling (i.e. ‘20 year old tool’) and even get personal (Sonny). This isn’t students vs. alumni… it’s students vs. the dead weight. UMass13, Titanfan44, and OrangeOtto have made better contributions to this board than some of these “fans.”

Like I said, it’s not alumni I’m taking on. I’m trying to get them just as hype as I am. But I am taking on a select few.

Settle down there…tiger. You are not some kind of 49er “martyr”…what you are is someone who tries to intimidate and bully other 49er fans who have a different opinion than yours.

Apparently your definition of a “true fan” is someone who blindly follows the current basketball philosophy and administration at all costs and without question. If that is the case then apparently I am not a true fan.

I support the team win or lose, but if I see something that I don’t like or that I disagree with I am going to question it. You strike me as someone who would rather just go down with the ship than to try and keep it from sinking.

So you go ahead and put up your little post filled with starred out words **** and question my “fanhood” and I’ll be right here waiting for you to reach your “manhood”.

thought about this thread when I saw this…

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2009/02/dayton-coach-brian-gregory-called-out.html

Gregory was asked what makes Halton – which rarely sells out for 49ers games -- so difficult for the Flyers. “No offense, it’s not the venue,” he said. “It’s the players. It’s not a super difficult place to play. Unfortunately, with as much success as his program’s had, (coach Bobby Lutz) should have better crowds. I know it’s a beautiful sunny afternoon. But let’s be honest, the reason it’s a tough place to play is because of Bobby and the players that he has and how hard they play.”

[QUOTE=JLaw25;383709]Settle down there…tiger. You are not some kind of 49er “martyr”…what you are is someone who tries to intimidate and bully other 49er fans who have a different opinion than yours.

Apparently your definition of a “true fan” is someone who blindly follows the current basketball philosophy and administration at all costs and without question. If that is the case then apparently I am not a true fan.

I support the team win or lose, but if I see something that I don’t like or that I disagree with I am going to question it. You strike me as someone who would rather just go down with the ship than to try and keep it from sinking.

So you go ahead and put up your little post filled with starred out words **** and question my “fanhood” and I’ll be right here waiting for you to reach your “manhood”.[/QUOTE]

Whatever lets you sleep at night, man.

I’m not blindly following the philosophy or the coach. Do you think I like to see this ship sinking? But throwing the captain overboard right now is not the best move.

All I was trying to do was get people excited about Niner basketball… to be excited about the game and hope that it spreads. And I get you and MNH doing nothing but talking ****. And I’m a martyr. Go figure.

I didn’t bully you. I don’t care who you are, you don’t call me ‘sonny.’ That’s something that I take very personally. And your cute little ‘sport’ and ‘tiger’ euphemisms aren’t helping your case.

You strike me as the type that just comes around to cause trouble.

with as much success as his program’s had, (coach Bobby Lutz) should have better crowds.
We would have better crowds if more people knew when we played OR knew of our past success. Our previous successful seasons should have landed us more fans that may now be Halton regulars. I respect the local paper's policy to omit our games from being mentioned on game day but it has been very detrimental to us.