A-Roid

[URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/02/07/alex-rodriguez-steroids/index.html[/URL]

Is anyone surpised? I’m not.

Not in the least.

I am slightly, he didn’t seem like someone who would do it, but whatever. More reasons why I don’t understand how you can watch or care about baseball. Boring, most good players cheat, and most are a-holes.

sadly, there were no penalties then, so it will only tug at his reputation, and I doubt he cares since he’s boinking the that dinosaur… Madonnasaurus Rex.

I did like the Orlando Magic Dancers link on the left side.

I am slightly, he didn't seem like someone who would do it, but whatever. More reasons why I don't understand how you can watch or care about baseball. Boring, most good players cheat, and most are a-holes.
you don't know much about Arod behind the scenes. He's universally hated. Jeter, Pasada, Giambi are all great guys but not Arod.

You think every sport is not on a level playing field whit jerks?
NBA, NFL, MLB all have = share.

and if you hate baseball because of roids…you should hate NFL too. They’ve cleaned it up, but 5 yrs ago half the league was doping (see Panthers SB)

Haha I love it, the Yankees are a bunch of overpaid steroid users, I’m surprised they haven’t picked up Bonds yet. Sucks for the guys who do it clean like Chipper Jones and stay injured 24/7 because he isn’t taking illegal substances to give him that extra edge.

I am slightly, he didn't seem like someone who would do it, but whatever. More reasons why I don't understand how you can watch or care about baseball. Boring, most good players cheat, and most are a-holes.

metro is right, the clueless public and 12 year olds love A-Rod, but few players can stand him.

Btw, I’ve heard from many people who would know, out of all the pro sports, golfers are by far the biggest jerks. But there are good guys and bad guys in every sport.

Ok I was sure Chipper had been busted for roids before, but I couldn’t find anything about it when I googled it. Anyone know for sure?

lol I'd love to know what your favorite sport is. After what you just said, it better not be basketball or football.

And metro is right, the clueless public and 12 year olds love A-Rod, but few players can stand him.

Btw, I’ve heard from many people who would know, out of all the pro sports, golfers are by far the biggest jerks. But there are good guys and bad guys in every sport.

I could care less if they are jerks, the nicest guy in sports is below a jerk if he’s cheating.

Not to defend ARod, because I am not a fan, but if this is true then all of the other 103 people who failed the test should be revealed as well.

Ok I was sure Chipper had been busted for roids before, but I couldn't find anything about it when I googled it. Anyone know for sure?

Na, just a bunch of illegitimate children.

Ok I was sure Chipper had been busted for roids before, but I couldn't find anything about it when I googled it. Anyone know for sure?

If Chipper’s been busted for roids or any illegal substance, I owe you a beer. No chance in hell you’ll find Chipper Jones and steroids associated, that’s the reason the guy is a walking injury. Same with Griffey.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;383451]Not to defend ARod, because I am not a fan, but if this is true then all of the other 103 people who failed the test should be revealed as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

A-Rod had ****ed his reputation up enough as it were. Now, with this steroids thing… he’s really screwed.

Have fun with this one, Scott Boras.

Not to defend ARod, because I am not a fan, but if this is true then all of the other 103 people who failed the test should be revealed as well.

Agreed, show them all.

If Chipper's been busted for roids or any illegal substance, I owe you a beer. No chance in hell you'll find Chipper Jones and steroids associated, that's the reason the guy is a walking injury. Same with Griffey.

Continuous injuries can be a sign of steroid use, tendons are weakened / not strong enough to support the additional muscle mass.

Continuous injuries can be a sign of steroid use, tendons are weakened / not strong enough to support the additional muscle mass.

Yeah ballin this is true. Often times players stay injured because of steroids, not in spite of them.

But I’ll give Chipper the benefit of the doubt, he never really had a huge spike in numbers the way all these other guys did.

Yeah ballin this is true. Often times players stay injured [I]because[/I] of steroids, not in spite of them.

But I’ll give Chipper the benefit of the doubt, he never really had a huge spike in numbers the way all these other guys did.

The crazy thing is A-Roid #s never spiked either. So was he doing steroids as young as 18 or 19 or did he do them so he could look good with his wife (who could have been juiced up like Clemens’ wife) for that SI photo shoot?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;383446]metro is right, the clueless public and 12 year olds love A-Rod, but few players can stand him.

Btw, I’ve heard from many people who would know, out of all the pro sports, golfers are by far the biggest jerks. But there are good guys and bad guys in every sport.[/QUOTE]

Guess its personal opinion. I never said I liked A-Rod, I don’t, but I always felt he was piled on (maybe deservingly so). I personally am friends with a few pro golfers, and I have met a number of others and I fins them to be no more arrogant than a normal rich person golfing. On the other hand, baseball players I have met seem to have an inflated sense of self worth. I mean it is the least athletic “sport” of them all. My favorite baseball player ever is cecil fielder and he weighs a solid 400.

Guess its personal opinion. I never said I liked A-Rod, I don't, but I always felt he was piled on (maybe deservingly so). I personally am friends with a few pro golfers, and I have met a number of others and I fins them to be no more arrogant than a normal rich person golfing. [B] On the other hand, baseball players I have met seem to have an inflated sense of self worth. I mean it is the least athletic "sport" of them all. [/B] My favorite baseball player ever is cecil fielder and he weighs a solid 400.
did I just read that golf requires more athletic ability than playing CF or SS in the MLB? :lol:

btw, Cecil could dunk a basketball and played in college at UNLV.

I’d like to see how Davis Love, Mike Wier, Daly, or Mickleson would fare in D1 hoops or hitting a 95mph pitch.

did I just read that golf requires more athletic ability than playing CF or SS in the MLB? :lol:

btw, Cecil could dunk a basketball and played in college at UNLV.

I’d like to see how Davis Love, Mike Wier, Daly, or Mickleson would fare in D1 hoops or hitting a 95mph pitch.

I took it as the least athletic sport out of the big 4 (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL) and I’d agree and add MLS to that as well. Of course they’re more athletic than golfers.